PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pains - Knotty lumpy feeling

anna66
23-03-09, 11:43
Hi everyone
I often get a knotty feeling above my belly button accompanied by a bruised feeling horizontally. I am not in any great pain, just always uncomfortable. I can also be bloated.
I know that worrying about these things makes our physical symptoms of anxiety worse, but would like to know if anyone else suffers in a similar way?
Can you describe the feelings you have please and anything you have found that helps you?
Thank you
Anna

june
23-03-09, 14:29
From belly button to bottom of ribs is a very "odd" area.:blush: Most of the symptoms there are due to bowels:blush:
I have lots of problems and practically 'live' at my doctors because of the fear of pains / aches / discomfort in this area.:weep:

Irritable bowel - is what they keep telling me.
I am helped by Gaviscon and / or fybergel / or peppermint tea.
But nothing helps the worry when I find a new pain / ache etc:blush:
It is all caused by my anxiety causing IBS and IBS causing anxiety:blush:
Sorry I have not been much help - but i do know how you feel.
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

anna66
23-03-09, 14:37
Oh dear,
I was hoping for some reassurance.

june
23-03-09, 15:20
1) have a look at IBS on left of screen
2) have alook at symptoms
3) have alook at anxiety
There must be something in there that will give you some reassurance
Good luck - happy reading
june

jadeyjade
23-03-09, 17:15
i get it too, apparently its constipation! had x rays, internal pelvic exam and gall bladder ultrasound. nothing!

NoPoet
23-03-09, 17:31
It sounds like it might be bad posture which has caused you to strain a muscle or something, or your clothes could be too tight (the peril of tight jeans), but the bloated feeling suggests either anxiety or constipation.

Are you able to go to the toilet regularly? If you strain so hard your eyes go red and pop out of your head, but you produce nothing but fragrant bum-music, you have probably got constipation.

If you are regular, it might be a food intolerance, a very mild kind of irritable bowel (especially if you eat loads of crap, especially Bombay Bad Boy pot noodles), or just plain anxiety.

As always, have a word with your doctor if you are concerned.