PDA

View Full Version : FLORIDA TRIP!!!!!

pips
02-08-05, 19:11
Hi All,[8D]

Just wanted to let you know I’m back from my Florida Hols and guess what I survived[Yeah!] Just! LOL

My Best experiences had to be swimming with the dolphins and stingrays at Discovery Cove.:)[Yes!]

Plus a trip to see Florida and it’s natural beauty away from all the theme parks. On the trip we snorkelled in a river with the endangered creature the Manatee. This was truly amazing to be able to swim with them in there natural environment.[:O][Wow!]

My worst experiences were. The queues some of the rides took nearly 2hrs to get on! [Ugh][Sigh...][V] I’ll never moan about queuing in Tescos again! LOL

The heat as well it was in the late 90’S[Sigh...] most days way to hot for me! Think I’ve come back whiter through standing in all the shady spots! LOL

My anxiety hasn’t been the best this holiday. Pretty high unfortunately especially my health anxiety here are a few of my scenarios for you!

1) Fell out of a hammock[Oops!] thought I must have broken at least 1 bone! No just got a bit winded that’s all![:O]

2) Came up in a rash all over both legs. Oh no could I be having an Anaphylaxis sock! No it was just a heat rash [Duh!]sprayed some magicool on much better!

3) Fell out of the pool.[:o)][Duh!] That’s right fell out not in! Tried to clamber up looking very lady like of course! I thought I could make it but me being a short ass I didn’t make it so fell splat on the concrete. Grazing my leg nicely on the way! Oh no what if the graze turns gangrenous.[xx(] Guess what it hasn’t and it’s healing nicely now!

4) Last but not least have had a few days with a very dodgy tummy. Oh no could it be salmonella or something! No just a mixture of heat rich food and the IBS I suffer with I think![Oops!]

Well I can laugh at it all now but it just goes to show what your mind can conjure up at the time.[:P]

Unfortunately I had a big panic attack on the last night. So I’m feeling a bit deflated now. As haven’t had such a bad one for ages! Never mind must pick myself up and start again.

POSITIVE THINKING HUH!;)

Thanks all for listening to me waffle it helps to write it down.

I hope you are all well. I’ve really missed you.

Take good care.;)

Love & Wishes

PIP’S X X[:X][:X]

nomorepanic
02-08-05, 19:34
Welcome back Pips :D[^] We missed you.

I am pleased that you can make light of all the health anxieties and see them for what they really were.

Sorry to hear about the panic attack but I am sure you will bounce back very soon and remember all the good times you had on holiday.

Well done for doing it - remember that I won't even go on a plane so look how well you did eh![Yeah!][Wow!]

See you Sunday and Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
02-08-05, 19:51
Welcome back Pips. It is good to hear you did enjoy many parts of the holiday and these are the bits to focus on. Well done for going.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
02-08-05, 19:53
Thanks so much Nic hun. Yeah I have to make light of it else the men in the white coats will come LOL!

I hope all is well I have missed you to.

Take care looking forward to Sunday!

Loadsa Love PIP'S X X

pips
02-08-05, 19:55
Thanks so much Karen hun.

Your so right focus on the good parts definately!

I hope you are well.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
02-08-05, 19:58
Pips - excellent . Can we nick those brilliant HA examples for the site ?

What was teh PA all about then ?

Ta

Love
Meg

pips
02-08-05, 20:16
Hi Meg,

Thanks hun. Yes Of course you can use those H/A samples. I find my mind can talk myself into believing anything. It can also talk yourself out of it to and that's the therory I'm working on!

As for the P/A I woke up in the night with a pain in the chest tried not to get into any irrational thinking though. So got up to go toilet and everything went dizzy and my face started tingling. I think that was what freaked me out as I never had that symptom before. I felt like I couldn't feel my face and like I was still in a dream.

Maybe it was a build up of things hubby has a bug sore throat etc.. so I was worried about him plus we were flying home the next day. Maybe i had a nightmare but didn't remeber it? I'm not really sure. I just used good on Dr Bach & Mr Brown paper bag and gave myself a good talking to and it eased. I just feel a bit on edge now and a bit wary & afraid. Gonna try and be strong though.

I hope all is well with you Meg.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

LisaS
02-08-05, 20:35
wow - well done you pips!! florida!! thats amazing - you shoudl be so proud of yourself.. i couldn't imagine doing that yet!
you have done so so well.. the PA was prob due to the flight the next day and just your emotions being very tired.. well done for coping with it though..

pat on the back for you,
lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

seh1980
02-08-05, 21:39
Good for you Pips!! Sounds like you had a nice time despite a few sketchy moments. Nice to have you back!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
03-08-05, 00:05
Hi Mate

So pleased you had a great time and a story to tell. You did it and got through it without that anxiety bug.

Knew you would and so proud that you booked it and did it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pips
03-08-05, 10:35
Thanks so much Lisa, Sarah & Sal for your kind words.

I'm of on my travels again friday.

Going to Costa Del Plymouth! For a birthday meal with James my Mum Uncle & Aunty returning on Saturday night. So looking very much forward to seeing them. Though probably send them to sleep[|)] with holiday pics. Only took 3 films! Yawn!!!!!!![|)][:O][Sigh...] LOL

Hope alls well,

Take care.

Love PIP'S X X

Piglet
03-08-05, 11:17
Welcome back Pip's and Happy birthday again.

I think it was fabulous that you went all that way - YOU DID IT!!!!!!

Well done!

Love PIglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pips
03-08-05, 16:56
Thanks so much Piglet.

I hope you are well hun.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

sal
03-08-05, 17:00
It is going to be a busy weekend for you with the meet up aswell.

Enjoy your meal with the family and eat lots of nice food LOL

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pips
03-08-05, 22:56
Thanks alot Sal hun.

Start diet again next week!!!!

Hope you have a nice weekend to hun sorry you can't make it to the meet. I will miss you there.

You Take Care,

Loadsa Love PIP'S X X

sal
04-08-05, 00:09
Well hun you are another year older now!!!

Have a great weekend and seen as i lost my mobile i will text you from Sams phone to see how you are then text you my new number.

Love Sal xx

pips
04-08-05, 15:19
Cheers hun sorry you lost your mobile.

Yeah might have to take me zimmer frame to the meet 32 now!!!!!! A friend of mine teases me as I haven't got any children. Everytime she phones the first thing she says is well are you pregnant yet! I'm like no not quite ready yet and she says my eggs are getting mankier. I'm like yeah thanks for that I feel really old now!LOL

Take care hun,

Love PIP'S X X X X

sal
04-08-05, 19:01
32 its only just beginning LOL

Love Sal xx