PDA

View Full Version : Ive been ill for to long

anxiouselephant
23-03-09, 13:42
I dont think i can do this living thing anymore, but im scared of dying,this episode of my illness has lasted for 10months other times when ive had anxiety bad its normally took me 2-3 months to recover to a point where i can cope but this time its not happening,i feel like i cant go on . ive lost all faith in my meds coz ive been on that many different ones that havnt worked,now im on my 5th day of prozac but dont think these will work ither,and i keep getting breathless or at least i think i do but dont know wether its because the side effect leaflet says they can coz shortness of breath so now i think i am ,i know that alot of getting better is down to me and postive thinking but i feel i cant be positive and im scared of treating my illness as anxiety when maybe it isnt ,im dizzy everyday and have funny sensations in my tongue like its going to stop working ,and i get a tingling feeling in it to , please help me i dont think i will ever get over this and i will never be able to live my life,as im too scared to go out and have no motivation wot so ever ,i panic at the very thought of everything ,im so terrefied that im going to be stuck in this misrable mind forever

Wee-Mee
23-03-09, 19:05
I feel similar..I have thought recently about just ending it cos I'm scared to get sick or be on my own etc..but then I think well I couldn't cos I'm scared of dying..

I am scared too that any illness that I may have may get masked as "anxiety"

It's so esasy for a dco to say.."you're getting wroked up" but it's only so much ya know?

I'm sorry you are feeling proper miserable. I wish I could help you. I am in the same boat though.

It's easy for docs and people to say you have to change your way of thinking but it's not easy to DO it. What did you used to do when you managed to get better after 2 3 months? What you think isn't helping this time?

Amy xxx

anxiouselephant
23-03-09, 19:33
Last time i recovered it just seemed like the meds took it away i didnt really have to work that hard i dont think but then maybe i did ,its just every time you get ill it seems worse than last time and i cant really remember having to battle with it this much, hope you start to feel better soon chick x

KARMA007
23-03-09, 19:35
I too feel the same. I have suffered for about 6 years now and get panic attacks 2-3 times a week. I know all the paramedics my name. Sometimes I can go a whole month without one and then Bang! they are back again. When I'm relaxing watching TV, or even when I went on holiday relaxing by the pool, my horrible attacks came back. I want to cry and cry because the doctors have tried everything on me and nothing is working. I have to pretend I am ok at work, so if i have a panic attack, they think it takes a couple of minutes and I'm ok again, but I'm not. The feeling will last all day even though the worst of the attack is over.
I did read somewhere that panic attacks are an addiction, and I think they might be right. addicted to self checking (your pulse/heart rate) and looking for lumps/bumps etc. I do admit I have this too and always worry that if I have heartburn its a heart attack and if I have a headache this is a tumor. All these bring on an attack and the cycle starts again.
My mum said something stupid that did help me. She said "whats wrong with you, you;re still young have a good job, nice house, go home and put some music on and do some house work". At first I got p****d that she didnt understand - but I did try this the next time I felt an attack might be coming on. I turned my music up really loud, something cheesy like madonna and I danced and danced and danced until i couldnt breathe anymore. Really stupid silly dancing that you only do when you are alone. And it worked, I couldnt stop laughing at myself. So please try this. It wont work all the time for me as you have to catch it early - i find once my negative thoughts take over (usually after dark) nothing nothing nothing will work until I call an ambulance and they confirm I am not dying of a heart attack

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

betty72
23-03-09, 22:48
Hi anxious elephant. It sounds like you're going through a tough time but please don't do anything drastic. You are not alone at all. I'm a newbie to all the anxiety although had a few panic attacks in my teens during exam times. Now since my friend took his life, plus numerous other life disasters (not to mention my dad being diagnosed with terminal cancer last week) I had all kinds of symptoms, convinced myself I was seriously ill where in fact it was anxiety rearing its ugly head. The trouble is when you get all these unusual symptoms it makes you more ill worrying about it so its a vicious circle! Dizziness, pins and needles, tingling tongue, breathlessness were just a few of my symptoms and it is so common you wouldn't believe. Read the "symptoms" section to the left. I don't feel as bad because I have taught my mind that these problems will pass and to keep smiling no matter what life throws you. At the moment though I am just v.v.sad about my dad so I suppose that's given my mind a break from worrying about me all the time! I have had a few panicky moments because I feel I am out of control and can't change the situation with him but that's normal I guess. I have got IBS though which I was only diagnosed with recently and I think that's all stress related but I'm learning to live with it even though its a pain. Just remember there are many of us going through what you are and that you aren't going mad. All your symptoms sound like anxiety but it could be side effects of medication (I got a funny tongue with acid suppressants) and if that's the case maybe see your doc to change them. Good luck, think positive - you won't always feel like this if you put your mind to it x

Utility
23-03-09, 22:56
Hi

Betty72 is correct, please don't do anything drastic. Go to your doctor and have a chat about how you feel. Things will improve.

anxiouselephant
24-03-09, 12:29
It no good going to docs as they just wont examine me anymore coz they say it fuels my axiety , so i come away no wiser ,

Hollytree
24-03-09, 13:14
Hi anxiouselephant, so sorry to hear you are having a bad time, i'm an anxiety sufferer have been for 20years, i know what it feels like to be stuck in that horrible nightmare. But hey i'm still here : )

When you visit your doctor, they know what they are looking for, they are trained to know that, if you had any chance of having anything seriously wrong it would be picked up. I have spent years visiting the doctor with a list of symptoms all of which of course are fatal.....none of them have been! its difficult to regain your own belief that what you are experiencing is anxiety, and yes its frightening when your body goes into overload and everything begins to ache, you feel pain, and dizzy, sick and tired. It can drive you crazy, it doesn't help if you scan the internet for these symptoms as you will get 1000's of pages telling you what you 'might' have.

This site has alot of information on symptoms of anxiety, which certainly have helped me

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms

it may also help you to understand that what you are going through is normal.

Be strong : ) xxxxx

nantonan
24-03-09, 13:19
Hi, I have only just joined this site due to my panic attacks and do understand the misery of it all. I don`t know what brings them on, I too can just be watching the T.v and feel all the symptoms coming on. you feel probably as I do,that you want to talk to someone but who? I get through bottles of Bachs Rescue Remedy to try and keep me calm! Please dont do anything drastic, just keep talking on this site, we all feel things will never get better but by knowing other people are there helps.

viremarthius
24-03-09, 15:29
Your CNS (Central Nervous system) is an amazing system and when it gets a bit out of whack...well...we all know what happens: panic, anxiety, fear etc.

The CNS is essential for understanding Anxiety. Think about it: it controls, temperature, pain, pleasure, sensations (pins and needles etc), everything!! When you pinch yourself, thats your CNS, and what controls your CNS? your brain!! What cotrols your brain? Your thoughts!!
It's a cycle that you can control, it just takes practice. Keep reassuring yourself that you are fine. I always say to myself, If I was really sick, I would know. I've had two close friends get cancer...and they were sick...real sick. Think about the last nasty stomach Virus you had....now that's sick. What we all experience is our CNS going bananas because we told it to! I am captain Health Anxiety, so I know what you are going through. Just try and stay positive and remember....you are in control.