PDA

View Full Version : So very scared sorry its been a while

tashbarnes87
23-03-09, 13:50
hi all, i have been away for a while as my anxiety was comin back and i took a step back from everything and concenrated on my Son who is now 7 weeks. Well the last time i posted on here i had found a lump in my boob and was waiting to see the doc, unfortunately the lump is still there but the do thinks its a cyst. I have to go back and see her on the 7th so she can take another look, its marble sized, moves slightly when pressed but is generally quite firm. This has made my anxiety go nuts as i am conviced it is breast cancer, i know its rare at my age (21) but i cant shake off the fear. My big worry a the moment which i have a feeling im not alone is cervical cancer, the media lately has just made it worse. I asked my GP for a smear 3 times and she said no as im under 25 and even if she did one it will be sent back from the lab. My mother today has made me so much worse, all of the woman on my mothers side has had abnormal cells and 2 woman had to have hyseteromys (spelling) and i should demand one, i explained that i trusted my doc and there must be a reason why its 25 and she said ' You hve probably got abnormal cells i wouldnt wait if i was you' ( we dont get on very well) well this has made me so scared, what am i going to do :weep: I have googled and i know cervical cancer isnt thought to be hereditary but she has sared the hell out of me :(

debster20
23-03-09, 14:13
hiya.. aww bless, your going right thru the mill!!! the lump in your boob id try not to worry too much about.. as easy as that is for me to say!! but it wouldnt move i dont think, it would be growing or getting worse, and the fact u just had a baby will be contributing to that i think??? hormones will be all over.. that should put your mind at rest too about cervical cancer.. its just in the news and if your anything like me u will be worried sick!!! every sympton u think u got?? well they would have detected something during your pregnancy surely?? u will be fine but i would keep on at your doctor and tell them your family history or maybe see another doc?? hopefully they gunna lower the age anyways?? i think its an awful thing anxiety, this sight is gr8 for putting your mind at rest, and to talk to people who dont think u a loony tune!! haha if u need a chat im here hun xxx

debster20
23-03-09, 14:14
oh and stopp googling!! haha fatal mistake for anxiety!!! xxx:yesyes:

justbananas
23-03-09, 15:26
oh dear - while im certain your smear will come back normal, the age 25 means absolutely nothing and the rule of thumb is you should be getting smears once you become sexually active. there is no magic age where smears become requisite. please demand with your doc, or see another, to get a smear not only to put your mind at ease - but because women of any age who are sexually active should have them annually.

tashbarnes87
23-03-09, 17:23
thanks guys but the doc has point blanked rfused a smear. Im so scared i may have it as its symptomless i hate feeling like this :(

amu
23-03-09, 17:25
Cervical cancer is not hereditary!!!! It is caused by HPV infection. You have as much chance of getting it as any other 21-year-old does. Don't listen to your Mum in this case.

justbananas
23-03-09, 20:10
if anything here in the US we are usually required if UNDER the age of 25 to have tests for HPV etc .. the over 25 thing makes zero sense and is counterintuitive. please see a doctor that will administer a smear. it's not actually ethical for a doctor to deny a routine test that is actually usually required for young women.

tashbarnes87
24-03-09, 10:31
I think im scared becauase i googled the symptoms ( if there are any) and one of them was 'abnormal discharge' i have never had textbook white discharge its always had a yellowish tinge to it, i always assumed this was normal as i have had full sti check and a few swabs when pregnant that showed no infections. It doesnt smell just looks a bit yellow now im crapping myself! What happens if thats a symptom? I have booked a private smear but have to wait till my son is 12 weeks old, which is 5 weeks. Luckily the results are available in 4 days. Does Anyone else have a slightly yellow discarge?

leah22
24-03-09, 10:59
Hi ya well let me start by teling you i had my first baby at 16 and 2nd at 23 and hadn't had a smear until just over 2 years ago! ( i am now nearly 28)because i was too scared to but when i did i panicked whilst i was waiting for the result because i looked up the symptoms thing on internet and read about the discharge which i get quite alot of, i had such a bad panick attack but my results were fine. 2 years later i went for another as again because of how much yellow discharge i was getting and still do get i panicked and all for nothing as it came back clear again! so try not to worry x x

also a friend of mine at work who is 20 just went to the nurse and had one because her mum and aunt had abnormal cells so she demanded they do one and they did, i am sure you have nothing to worry about as i spoke to my sisters and best friend about the discharge thing and they said they also get it sometimes. hope this helps x

tashbarnes87
24-03-09, 11:58
thanks leah! that post has made me feel a bit better. It always says yellow discharge is a bad thing on the internet but i dont think it can be as i have had it for a while xx

jojo2316
24-03-09, 12:02
Yellowish discharge IS normal!! You are fine - you don't have cervical cancer. But if you really need peace of mind you can get one privately for about £50......
Good luck!
xxx

pinkpiglet
24-03-09, 14:56
Hiya Tash, long time no speak!
I too havent been around for a while and needless to say my anxiety is throught he roof! Health wise i feel rubbish and am worrying that i have a multitude of illnesses. I think (and hope!!) that it just all in my head. My advice to you would be to register with your local family planning centre and ask them to give you a smear test. If you arrange to get your contraceptives through them they look after you alot better than your GP's practice. They offer full routine examinations, in which they are very thorough and the experience is much more relaxing. Its worth looking into anyway!! Good luck hun and i hope you're managing to enjoy your little man xxxxxxx:)

tashbarnes87
25-03-09, 09:41
Hi Pinkpiglet, hope you are doing ok :) I am feeling a bit more rational about the cervical cancer today but its still cosuming, i think its mentioned every where i look at the moment! add this to my lump in my boob and its been a crap few weeks. However my little boy is amazing heres a pic :) http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v224/710/16/n640595243_4407.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile&id=640595243)

diane07
25-03-09, 10:11
Aww tash,

Try not to worry about it too much, discharge sounds normal and the lump is prob coz you just had a baby

And a gorgeous one at that............well done you!

di xx