PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia and monophobia at night

Cheekyone
23-03-09, 18:37
Hiya everyone

I'm tackling a few fears at the moment and am struggling with a few things and hoped there might be some people out there who are experiencing similar things or might have some advice that could help. I struggle with quite severe agoraphobia, but can go out and do most things so long as my safe person, my Mum, is with me. However I have my own home with my husband that I'd dearly like to be living in but i struggle to stay over night at the house with just my husband. I find my anxiety levels are much higher at night time when I'm overtired and emotional. I find it difficult to relax enough to actually get to sleep, and if I do, i tend to wake feeling panicky and set off a panic attack. I find the nightimes very isolating, as I don't like to disturb my hubby's sleep, but find the panics quite hard to cope with in the darkness feeling alone. I also find my anxiety very hard to cope with after a run of sleepness nights, so I find I often lose motivation to tackle this issue and just end up going back to my mum's house where I feel safe!

I'm expecting a baby in 7 weeks, so I really feel under a time pressure to sort this out, as I can't drag a newborn between houses late at night, just because I'm freaking out! Plus I'm sure my parents can do with out a screaming infant taking up residence too. If anyone has any advice or tips that might help or is just in a similar situation I'd appreciate and responses. It's not really something I ever talk about because it makes me feel like such a freak!

Ros xx