PDA

View Full Version : dla higher rate

amandaj
23-03-09, 20:44
just wondered if anyone gets higher rate of this? as ive been told to apply for the higher rate than im on by a social worker , wondering if its worth it is there much difference in money etc any help will be greatly appreciated

amanda

NoPoet
24-03-09, 00:32
I don't know the rates, but if you can get a higher one, apply for it. It's the difference between having more money and less money. Who wants less?

sunshine-lady
24-03-09, 00:36
I have been recieving the higher rate care component of DLA for several years now and it was also my social worker who suggested I applied for it. After I was awarded it, I only had to reapply a couple of more times before I was awarded it for an indefinate period. This has taken the worry and uncertainty of whether I am going to get DLA each time.

The higher rate care component is £67.00 per week.

Good luck xxx

lesleya
24-03-09, 00:54
Hope this helps you these are mobility and personal care rates, but bear in mind these change every april to come in line with the cost of living, so i would assume they will increase this year too. If your awarded the high rate moblity then you can also apply for a car on the mobility lease scheme which can be a help if you can drive of course., but you obviously forfeit your mobility payment to pay for it. I wish you lluck in applying and hope you get it.
Take care
xxxxx
Care component Weekly rate Highest rate £67.00 Middle rate £44.85 Lowest rate £17.75 Mobility component Weekly rate Higher rate £46.75 Lower rate £17.75

amandaj
24-03-09, 11:06
thank you all for the replies, youve been very helpful ill give it a go and see what happens, got nothing to loose really will let you all know if i get it or not thanks again

amandaxx