PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried hypnosis therapy

Nicola_lou
23-03-09, 19:49
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has tried this. I've been intouch
With one but as she lives far away she said she can do it over the phone.
Do yoy think ill benifit from it or do u think I should find someone local
So I can see them.

andrewc
23-03-09, 20:30
Hi Nicola

Yes I had hypnotherapy and it worked. Best to find someone local if you can so you can discuss everything face to face.

Best regards

Andrew

valleybear
23-03-09, 20:33
I had hynotherapy sessions from my doctor ...they really helped. I would think you would be better locally than over the phone..not sure how that would work? Good luck in finding someone. XX

Nicola_lou
23-03-09, 21:06
Great thanks. Ill find someone local I think my family said the same
As well.
Positive feedback to thanks

Nicola_lou
23-03-09, 22:07
Hi I've found one local and the cheapest is 35 pound a session so I'm going
On monday. How many sessions did u find helped.
Since u had them do u have any more panic attacks

sazz_1984
23-03-09, 22:14
Hi,

Ive had 2 sessions of hypnotherapy for my anxiety and i'm sorry to say that it hasnt worked for me.

I asked him to focus mainly on my phobia of driving on dual carriageways and motorways, but ive still not been able to get back on those type of roads yet. The thought of it terrifies me.

It may well work for you though and make sure they listen to everything that you try to tell them about how your feeling. The hypnotherapist I went to see kept interrupting me and wouldnt let me tell him all my issues in the initial consultation. So I believe he focused on the wrong areas.

I also think that you may benefit more from finding a local therapist as I believe being there in person is much better.

Hope this has helped. xx