PDA

View Full Version : IBS symptoms - period like pains?

betty72
23-03-09, 20:28
Hi. I've been diagnosed with IBS/reflux in recent weeks although the reflux symptoms have nearly disappeared. I had an endoscopy last week which revealed a few "erosions" at the top of my lower intestine and go for results for biopsy etc next week. Firstly are erosions common and curable? Sadly last week my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer so he is in hospital and I'm under even more stress with worry and grief and now some more symptoms have arisen. My main trouble is my bowel movements are infrequent (although have been for several weeks) plus I have a LOT of wind. The latest symptoms have arisen the last few days. I've been getting period like pains which ease when I pass wind but come back within minutes and last most of the day. They are only very mild. I've also been producing more discharge the last few days which is clear and watery but I can feel it leaking slowly during the day (sorry to be crude!). I had a smear today and the nurse thinks I could be ovulating but I've never experienced this before. The doctor also recently diagnosed me with mild vaginal prolapse which strangely only came about after my IBS symptoms. Could this be caused by IBS and pressure due to constipation? My main concern is the period like pains. Are these normal with IBS and is it normal for them to last a few days? I can't work out if it's IBS related or an infection of some kind or worse. Sorry this is so long and thanks for any advice. P.S. I'm 37 and a non smoker. Don't drink but only due to stomach problems so gasping for a nice bottle of wine!

Wee-Mee
23-03-09, 21:08
My,I'm sorry about your dad honey,and I'm sorry about the hell you're going through at the moment.

I'm having the sore pelvis,back and legs but not due a period for another 2 weeks.

I am very swollen and bloated and haven't been diagnosed with ibs or anything. But haven't been able to go to the toilet on my own for about two weeks. Had laxatives given by docs and they still aren't working.

Maybe it is all pressure cos if you're constipated,it kind of blcoks up everything. I don't know.

What is a vaginal prolapse?? I don't wanna google! ;)

xx

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 05:25
[HTML]Hia hun I have ibs have done since a nipper. The bloating and pain will
Come and go some days ull get dressed go to wrk by dinner time ull look like
Ur pregnant and feel it. But unfortunatly u now have to keep a diary of what u
Eat some food will make u worse or even trigger it off again. Ie I can't
Eat beans anymore or pork pies didn't like them much anyway a list of
Things really I can't touch if I do I'm curled up like u sais period pain like.
Passing wind will ease u pain but like u said not for long cause its early days.
It will get easier once u get it under controll.
Stress makes this kinder thing worse to hun. And I'm sorry about ur dad.

bronte
26-03-10, 12:09
hi my ibs gives me period type pain do some ibs sufferers think they have gyno problems but the doc says its ibs

Cell block H fan
26-03-10, 18:41
I posted about ovulation pains yesterday, but ive still got the period like pain today, so i'm not convinced its that now. Maybe it is I.B.S. I dont know, my toilet habits are always all over the place, my work hours dont help! so can sympathise with you. In fact mine isn't as intense as period pains, more a dull ache if that makes sense. I'm wondering if its an ovary cyst flared up again.
So sorry to hear about your dad
:hugs:
xxxxx

Lissy43
26-03-10, 20:11
My IBS flares up during ovulation and my period, it is common due to hormonal changes.