PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram working! Yayyyy

PoppyC
23-03-09, 23:53
I have only been on this drug for about 3 weeks now and I came on this site a little earlier and have been sitting and looking at the site thinking I really have nothing to write about my own anxiety problems cos I dont feel in any way anxious anymore . Ok I know its early days but this is the first day in the past 18 months that I have not felt 1 bit of anxiety (from waking to going to bed)!!!!!!!!! I cant find even 1 thing to be anxious about when I try thinking about things that would normally trigger the anxiety. Maybe I will feel anxious tomorrow who knows, but just for having the 1 day of not feeling anxious and panic stricken, I feel like celebrating!!!! I would like to say a big Thank You to my new bestest friend - Citalopram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::roflmao::yesyes::D:)

NoPoet
24-03-09, 00:04
Hooray, this is really heartening, glad to know that you are getting back on track! Relax and enjoy the lack of stress and remember how good it is!

eternally optimistic
24-03-09, 11:58
Great news Poppy,

It sort of revitalised me, gave me chance to rest and gather my thoughts.

Long may it continue for you.

Dont rush to come off them because I was on them a whole year, not planned, and it felt every month I stayed on them it gave me more time to reflect on all that had gone and continued to help.

All the best.

PoppyC
24-03-09, 12:12
Thank You for your replies! I am still feeling good this morning! :)
I dont want to come off them until I feel ready - If I have to be on them for life then I wouldnt mind. I will just accept that is how it is for me, like plenty of people have to take medication every day of their lives for other disorders. It is giving me a rest from my anxieties and all the other problems I had. Its such a nice feeling isnt it?
Jay Ann - Are you still taking them?
I hope both of you have a good day!

eternally optimistic
24-03-09, 15:46
Hi Poppy

I went on them several years ago, it was Aug 07, I think.

I came off last October. I was quite nervous just in case I became a mess, touch wood, all is OK.

Still have moments when I have unease, especially when Im in situations whereby I've freaked before. But, all in all Ive no regrets about going on and coming off of them.

Like you, Id be on them my whole life it meant a reasonable way of living.

pinkpiglet
25-03-09, 09:18
Thats brilliant!
thanks for the positive!!

My partner (who is also a member on here) has been on citalopram for a week and a half and is having a pretty dreadful time of it! He says he feels worse and cant seem to see an end to his suffering. He as been experiencing some strange symptoms, including tension in his neck and not been able to keep his head still. He shakes when trying to eat his food and as no energy or positive outlook. He is determined to carry on with his 10mg dose for another week to see how it goes and now after reading your post it as been very encouraging!!!

Thankyou and so happy that you are feeling great!!! :yesyes: