PDA

View Full Version : breathing and memory

Nicola_lou
23-03-09, 23:59
I no it sounds silly and I have wrote about this before, but it is still the
Focus of my attention. A few times a day I notice I can't get enough oxygen in
It just comes on me without me thinking about it. It feel like when I exhale
Its an affort to enhale again its last for few minutes but I feel like I'm going to stop
Breathing. Is it possible? I feel sometimes strain in my face like I've been holding
My breath but not really sure if I have.
I've had a blowing test to see if I have asma but all fine. My doc said he thinks its
Just the anxiety.
Do anyone suffer as well from memory loss, my head is in a shed. Ie. I left the dog
Bk in from outside the other day and 5 mins after I seen him forgot I left him in, and keep
Asking the same questions sometimes. I don no if its because all my focus is on this
And everything else is just a daze. Should I be worried.

NoPoet
24-03-09, 00:11
Hi, nah it's not silly at all. It sounds like hyperventilation. Basically if you're stressed or worried your body goes into "fight or flight" mode and your breathing becomes rapid and shallow.

This can cause lightheadedness and a tingling or tight feeling in the skin, and a feeling that you can't breathe or are not drawing in enough oxygen.

Take long, deep, calming breaths. You'll know your lungs are working properly because your chest will fill right up with air. Hold the breath for a few seconds then let it out nice and slow. Repeat for a short while. You might feel more lightheadedness as the hyperventilation wears off.

Stress, anxiety, tiredness, concentrating on something else or doing fifteen things at once can all cause forgetfulness or a feeling of confusion. Everybody forgets things or asks questions without listening to the answer.

Save yourself a lot of worry: you're not going mad and you don't have any problems to be concerned about. You're just being human :)

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 00:22
is it possible to hypervent without realizes cause it happens without me
worried about something. unless subconciously i am worried cause it
happened a few times and my breathing puts me in a panic. i really don understand

NoPoet
24-03-09, 00:33
Yes, hyperventilation can occur without you knowing why. Anxiety, panic or stress can all cause hyperventilation.

It can seem frightening or confusing, but there is ALWAYS a reason for it. Is something worrying you, or are you under a lot of pressure at work/school/wherever?

Hyperventilation can feel scary but it is harmless. It won't cause you to pass out and it can't cause any kind of damage to you.

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 03:03
I can't put my finger on anything. My boyfriend as been made redunant so
money is tight at the moment. Dam bills etc
But the only thing that I'm worried about all the time is panic attacks anxiety
Not breathing tidy, The doc ask me same question and I gave this reply he wasn't
Haven it, but I really don no, it may have been from my 1st attck collasping
And afraid it'll happen again

I've never been a open person any1 who no me will say they see no amotion my
Boyfriend only seen me cry twice in the 5 yrs we've been together. I guess I'm the controll
Freek but since I got my own house a year ago it has been hard

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:09
Hiya,
The breathing thing is so common, where it seems you cant get enough oxygen in. Horrible feeling,but we always seem to manage it in the end :D

take care

mick

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 03:15
I sure hope so. My nan as suffered with anxiety nearly all her life and has had
A few break down due to it. It worries me even more knowing now I have it it
May be generic and I to will suffer forever.

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:18
The annoying thing is that it happens out of the blue. Trouble is when it does so we get anxious about it and then we get anxious about getting it again. it's a pain it really is

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:20
ok i just had to comment on this:

"Boyfriend only seen me cry twice in the 5 yrs we've been together."

yowza! i wish i could say the same. i chalked up 5 yrs in my last relationship and probably cried .. hmm .. on 360 occasions by my rough guestimate. kind of amazing.. that's like 5 days short of an entire year of tears in one 5 yr period. wow so .. won't be making that mistake again .. gonna toughen up a bit now that i'm getting this down on paper ..

this is irrelevant .. i know ..i know

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:24
Nothings irrelevant on here :D

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 03:29
Ha I no sad but I just can't cry. I either get so stressed I can't cry or I just
Use to leave things go over the top of my head.
When I had bad side affects off the meds I was given I did have a crying day
And it was brill I felt so much lighter. I have tried to cry since but no luck

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:30
ok fine .. slightly off topic and unhelpful .. but a step in some direction :)

also .. shouldn't u UK people be in bed ?
:D

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:32
can't sleep again :huh:

costing me a lot of money this insonia. I buy stuff from amazon in the night

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 03:35
Yeah I really should be in the land of nod but just can't sleep.
God I sound like a machine. Don't sleep. Don cry. Hehe

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:38
:D
i went to bed then got up :huh:

Played my guitar for an hour then switched on the laptop :D

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:42
oh man that's the worse.. when i can't sleep i immediately reach for the laptop. most of the time it's in my bed with me anyway as i'm doing work late into the night. then i just start online shopping, forum hopping .. NOT GOOD. then it's sunrise b4 i know it. i've started hiding my laptop so this happens less. that said, i'm currently on my laptop .. trying to sleep. .

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 03:42
Think I should learn how to play music. Be great if we were song writters
Don sleep we make some cash.
Think I need stronger sleeping tablets but ill prob sleep now till afternoon
Tomoz lucky I'm off wrk with pa and flu

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:44
it's the first thing i do if i cant sleep. reach for the laptop :D

the irony is i was singing and playing 'it's such a perfect day' I wish LOL

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:46
oh this is my new trick for falling asleep. i do this position we do in my yoga class.. on my bed.. i lay on my back and slowly raise my legs so my toes are aiming to touch the bed just above my head (and waist is bending inward) and i see how long i can hold that position. and every time i fall.. i restart the position .. and i get all huffy and annoyed and i end up exhausting myself until i get a cramp in my stomach and fall to the side an pass out .. wonder if that's healthy ..

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:48
Ive never done yoga, I did tai chi for a few years.

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 03:49
Hey not here to judge I would give it ago but ill prob be rushed
In with slipped disc or something

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:51
:D Nicola_lou

I seem to fall to sleep okay but i wake up an hour later. perhaps i should learn some yoga

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:52
here as an image if u want to try .. you start slowly and push all the way until your toes end up touching the ground above your head. quite a yummy stretch! it'll certainly make u feel something .. and eventually pass out ..
http://www.fit450.com/WEB_PAGES_AND_IMAGES/PM%20ROUTINE/SHOULDER%20STAND%203.JPG (http://www.fit450.com/HTML/After_Sport.html#ss)
file:///Users/krista/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///Users/krista/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:53
http://www.fit450.com/WEB_PAGES_AND_IMAGES/PM%20ROUTINE/SHOULDER%20STAND%204.JPG (http://www.fit450.com/HTML/After_Sport.html#ss)

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:54
lolz anyone who wakes up and stumbles upon this thread .. :D

but i swear it works guys!!

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:55
I'm gonna try the shoulder stand now... I'll clear the floor or i'll probably land on the coffee table :ohmy:

mick_uk
24-03-09, 03:56
This is quite surreal for 4 AM :D

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:58
yes it works really well when done in a series of movements and in the right setting .. but if you're warmed up enough, or at least not totally out of it .. and you do it on the floor or in bed.. you can get a good groove going with the movements and it makes you rather tired in a good way. it takes some practice to actually feel relaxing but .. try it every day! and it's a must to breath properly as well. and listen to indian meditation chant or nine inch nails but now i'm pushing it ..

justbananas
24-03-09, 03:59
This is quite surreal for 4 AM :D

:roflmao:

mick_uk
24-03-09, 04:01
I will give this a go properly tomorrow. I did some kundalini a year or so back, you had to chant with that.

justbananas
24-03-09, 04:03
yes please do and report back! and if u have any wild tips for me, feel free. i am very into trying random things out. in case u hadn't gathered.

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 04:05
I'm sorry guys but I can't stop laughing. Mike u falling on ur
Cofee table.
I gotta give it ago now if I'm now bk I'm either in spasm or passed
Out

justbananas
24-03-09, 04:06
oh good lord at least give us your mobile number in case u don't return so we know who to contact!!!!!!!!!!! u have stretched and warmed up a bit right ?????

justbananas
24-03-09, 04:10
oh good lord

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 04:12
Yes I'm fine still laughing though been up so long got the giggles
Now about this, I no its suppose to be serious but made my nt all these
Images.

mick_uk
24-03-09, 04:14
well, i missed the coffee table....but the cat had the shock of her life

justbananas
24-03-09, 04:14
yeah that guy is like really ridiculous. he made me laugh .. but was the only google image i could get to get the idea across! ok now you're ok .. so i'm going to bed .. gonna do a quick stretch tho first .. you feel better hon, sleep ;) !!!!!!

justbananas
24-03-09, 04:15
lolz this thread got pretty off topic. my bad.

mick_uk
24-03-09, 04:17
Cheered me up........almost killed the cat, but cheered me up

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 04:18
Guys u no I'm worrying about my breathing stop making me laugh
Mike I'm curled over by here.
Yeah thanks so much hun u have lighten up the situation and ill def
Try that tomorrow when I'm more stable of course.
Any more tricks email me if they don wrk for me worth a laugh

mick_uk
24-03-09, 04:20
here am I doing yoga at 4:20 AM on my own, scaring the cat, almost toppling out of the room. Life can be strange sometimes

justbananas
24-03-09, 04:21
right on ..
and PM me if u ever need to. laughing's more productive than crying anyway right
night guys ;)

mick_uk
24-03-09, 04:22
night night :yesyes:

Nicola_lou
24-03-09, 04:26
Sorry the last one to reply all the time but I'm crying with laughter
U gotta stop posting mike I can just imagine it.
Night hun give us a bell tomorow when ur on