PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived

Erinath
24-03-09, 13:07
I was looking for information about how plausible it was for someone with agoraphobia to get a blue badge ... and I found this place in the search results. :yahoo: (I got my answer by the way)

Anyway, hi there, online I tend to go by the name of Erin, I'm a 33 year old mum of 4 married to the most amazing husband ever.

I was diagnosed about 4 or 5 years ago now with depression, anxiety and agoraphobia, though it's something I've dealt with since childhood. I have my good days and bad days (as does everyone really) though do seem to spend far too much time housebound. So far all attempts of assistance have only had very limited benefits, apparently it's very easy to get discharged from a service when you can't regularly attend appointments ... kind of ironic when the reason for non-attendance is your agoraphobia playing up so badly you can't leave the house :doh: ... so I'm just on meds for now ... no CPN ... not even a psychiatrist & my doctors won't even consider upping my risperidone on the grounds a psychiatrist needs to evaluate that, yet they don't have the sense to sort out a psychiatrist.

Anyway, sorry to moan. Any questions - just ask.

finny12000
24-03-09, 13:14
Welcome to site erinath and lovely name btw
Why cant a cpn come to your home?
Get back to doc and ask for app for psychiatrist a cpn visit and
im glad you have found site as plenty of help here advice and loads of other things like chat and games
welcome x

Erinath
24-03-09, 14:31
First of all, thank you both for the welcome.

Why cant a cpn come to your home?
I've had home visits from CPNs in the past. Things start off quite well, we go over the same basic CBT (challenging negative thoughts, breaking down the process of a panic attack etc) and I can absorb that information really well .... it's the whole putting it into action that I'm really bad at. After a while, mainly due to staff & funding shortages it is felt that there is nothing else the service can offer me so I get discharged. I've had this happen 3 times so far. I must confess, it does feel like they reckon I'm just a lost cause.

Apologies again for all the negativity ... I'm supposed to be at my little boy's school right now chatting with his teacher about his progression, but a really strong panic attack decided otherwise for me.

diane07
24-03-09, 17:24
A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and meet some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

lorac
24-03-09, 20:15
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

sunshine-lady
24-03-09, 22:46
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
24-03-09, 23:42
Hi Erin, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

kittykat
25-03-09, 08:48
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good sound advice on here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx