PDA

View Full Version : new to site - could do with reassurance

katy20
24-03-09, 13:42
hi

have been suffering with health anxiety for about 1 month now. had numerous panic attcks and have been to my doctors/walk in centre a couple of times each week. Symptoms such as lump in throat, chest pain, vision disturbances, swollen glands and am now fixated on my ears as they have started hurting.
Wondering if it was normal to move from one body part to the next so quickly, constantly checking and convinced that its a tumour or something similar. Am not seeing a way out of this at the moment and could do with knowing that im not the only one feeling like this. Am always restless and am struggling to get on with everyday things.

Thanks

RosieXXX
24-03-09, 13:53
Hello Katy,

Welcome to the site, you will find some excellent advice and support from people who understand what it is like to suffer from anxiety.

It is very normal for health anxiety sufferers to move from one worry to the next - It seems like we are constantly on edge just waiting for something awful to present itself. It would be worth speaking to your doctor, and explaining how you are feeling, because there are treatments which can help, and the sooner you can get the right support the better your chances are for making a good recovery.:hugs:

katy20
24-03-09, 13:56
thank you - its helping knowing that there are other people with this and its not just me falling apart!

RosieXXX
24-03-09, 13:59
You will find this site tremendously helpful - I wish it had existed years ago when I first suffered. You are definitely not alone - I am sure you will make some good friends here - everyone is so supportive. :)

june
24-03-09, 14:03
The answer to your post is YES pains and aches and fears move about in a blink of an eye.:blush:
As you have been to your doctor (You should be reassured that you are OK - but easier said than done:blush: ) many of us on here go through the repeated symptoms that you are getting.:ohmy:
Lump in the throat = anxiety
And there is the answer to the rest of your problems = Anxiety:blush:
If you look at "symptoms" on the left of screen - you will find lots of information on this type of fear.
Happy reading
Best wishes
june
:hugs:

vh
24-03-09, 14:38
I too am a newbie and its so comforting to know that you are not alone. The onset of my panics was triggered by a short nonspecific illness I had a head rush and paniced instantly thinking I was going to die. Since that day no matter what is wrong I always think its far worse than it really is or seems to be. I have so many symptoms the newest one being unable to swallow which has resulted in me eating smaller amounts and loss of weight! For the last day or two I have now and again had a slight chest cramp and consequently have been working myself up about them!!! consequently I had to get up in the night cause I kept thinking about it and so my panic attack started only small this tiem!... They are very rarely the same symptoms I have really got myself into a mess about it all...

So believe me you are not alone hon

nantonan
25-03-09, 17:10
I am new to this site as well, I wish I had found it earlier because I get so scared with the different symptoms that happen. I thought it was only me and I was either going round the bend or I had some dreadfull illness and then that would scare me even more. I can be out and suddenly feel light headed, or my legs go shaky, get a tight chest and want to get home because I feel sick but then don`t want to go home as I will be alone.
Reading these pages I can`t beleive how many people experience health anxiety and panic attacks, it`s nice to be able to speak to people and know that you are not alone. I really didn`t think that so many people had these feelings, I know my doctor gave me the impression it was just me and told me to get a hobby !

alfisback1
25-03-09, 23:03
Welcome to the site!

It seems that health anxiety does move around the body, in the past 3 weeks I've worried about pains around my shoulder blade, left chest, sternum, and my head!