PDA

View Full Version : converstaions

merry go round
23-12-03, 22:28
Is it normal to run though conversations that havn't happened in your head?

sarah
23-12-03, 22:34
Hiya

Are you just practicing what you are going to say or are they conversations that will never happen?

Either way i have to tell you a friend of mine does this out loud. He starts a conversation telling me something he is going to do and halfway throught the conversation he changes tense to make it sound like he has already had the conversation. I dont find it strange because im used to him.
At least you do it in your head.
And yes, sometimes i do run through things in my head from time to time. I think its a form of escapism. Almost like telling yourself a story without reading a book?

Sarah
xx

Meg
24-12-03, 10:28
Hi merry go round.

Yes totally normal for us..

Either what might happen ones or what might have happened ones or what if'and this is what I'm going to say conversations...

The key is to try to keep them rational and stop the downwards spiral getting out of control.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

merry go round
24-12-03, 11:17
Spiraling our of control is defitly what happens, I want to be able to think about somthing else for a change, extremely irritating! I want to stop it happening but It's not volentry just keeps going as a kinda backgroud noice. I do do exscapeism with storys in my head, that though is enjoyable. Merry Christmas!

uryjm
24-12-03, 19:26
Some of my best discussions are often with myself! I think it's really healthy to stimulate your brain in this way, and in my job (sales) it's often vital to have thought through an important meeting from as many possible angles - yours and the buyer's - before you go into it.
On the other hand, having Boney M's "Brown Girl in the Ring" looping through your mind all day and it just WONT STOP is rather annoying. Tra la la la la.

Jim

Laurie28
29-12-03, 11:53
Hiya,

I'm terrible for having little conversations with myself in my head - mostly about things are not going to happen!! I've always been the same though

Love
Lucky

Laurie28
29-12-03, 11:53
Oh a by the way thanks JIm. tra la la la la

AAAGGG

Love
Lucky

nomorepanic
29-12-03, 22:19
Yeah cheers Jim

Now I will be singing that all night. And - just to be of a conincidence that was the first single I ever bought - double a side with rivers of babylon!!

Nicola

nomorepanic
29-12-03, 22:20
Merry

I talk to myself a lot and go through things in my mind and sometimes talk them out loud - I don't think it is a problem - just my mind working things out!

Nicola