PDA

View Full Version : New here an at the end of my tether

Sammy J
24-03-09, 17:18
Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself and say hi.

I suffered panic attacks over 12 years ago but they came back with a vengence last summer. Mine are mainly health anxieties brought on when I began suffering from Gastroesophageal reflux disease. I am off work again at the moment as it's quite bad, lots of upper stomach and chest pain etc. I am scared it's my heart even though my GP sent me to a cardiologist to put my mind at rest. I cannot get it out of my head and constantly think I'm going to die.

I am depressed too (for the first time) and it's all getting too much. I am well aware the anxiety is making the reflux condition worse and visa versa..it's a vicious circle.

I am hoping this forum will be a great tool to aid my recovery :blush:

Sam

diane07
24-03-09, 17:20
A huge warm welcome to nmp sam,

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

WillLatch
24-03-09, 18:07
Hey sammy J! Welcome... many kindred spirits here... and the support is great. I'm a rookie to the site as well.. and looking forward to the chat room capability soon. I'm dealing with Anxiety and stress... and 2moro I start CBT. So... I hope to report here soon and offer my little contribution for others to consider. Meanwhile.. step at a time stuff.. all the best.

sharona
24-03-09, 18:11
Hi Will

Welcome, I am new and this site is fantastic. Would you let me know how your cbt goes as i am interested please.

Thank you

Sharon

Sammy J
24-03-09, 19:48
Thank you all!

I am also starting my CBT on Thursday 9 months after being referred, am sooo looking forward to it.

Sam

sunshine-lady
24-03-09, 22:49
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
24-03-09, 23:48
Hi Sam, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

aveeava
25-03-09, 00:41
Welcome! Im new to the site as well and have found it to be amazing help! I have a constant fear of heart problems too, I have GAD and im 20,but this site really has helped me a lot and ive only been on here like two days! I wish you the best of luck with everything and im always here to help :D take care

kittykat
25-03-09, 08:50
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good sound advice on here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Sammy J
25-03-09, 10:09
I can't believe what a difference it makes knowing there's so many friendly people here.
I am incredibly lucky that my partner is great with my panics but I find I cannot discuss it with friends and family.
As I have been signed off for a week or so (due to my Gerd problem) I am reading up on as much as possible on here and since last night the tightness in my throat and chest has eased. Am not being too complacent but it's a start!

Sam

Darwin73
25-03-09, 13:58
Hi Sammy
I finished a course of CBT a year ago (also had to wait 9 months after referral!). I did find it useful as it trains you to challenge your worrying thoughts. I don't think I'll ever be "cured" of my health anxiety though.
Hope it goes well.

Darwin