PDA

View Full Version : started taking Propranolol today but worried

kinky_hobbit
24-03-09, 17:22
I stated taking Propranolol (10mg) today but they made me feel worse.
I took two in the morning, but then I felt like it was harder to breath, normally I sigh a few times an hour to help myself breath, but I had to constantly do it today and they didn't really help calm me down just seemed to make me drowsy. Is it normal to feel this at the start? I had another one at dinner because I was still feeling quiet stressed and it wasn't so bad then, just felt a bit cold and drowsy.

I haven't had anymore today.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

No Imagination
25-03-09, 16:29
Hi,

When I first started taking Propranolol it really hit me hard for the first couple of days but then my body seemed to adjust to it. I was talking 80mg though at that point. Gradually I have been able to lower the dose but when I switched from 80mg to 60mg per day (6 x 10mg twice per day) the same thing happened initially as well. So my guess is after a couple of days you will adjust to it and your dose is very low as I understand it so try not to worry too much. If it doesn't ease after a period of time it would be worth going back to the doctor to just to make sure there is no issue but to be honest it does sound pretty much like what happened to me.

No Imagination
25-03-09, 16:34
Sorry the above should read (2 x 10mg three times per day!)

snowdrop
25-03-09, 16:42
Hi

I couldnt get on with prop atall, they made me feel worse and like i was going to faint all the time. I am on Citalopram now and they work a treat.

Hope it works itself out!

x