PDA

View Full Version : feelings of dejavu??? Driving me nuts & making anxiety worse! Am I crazy?

Stressed32
24-03-09, 19:55
ok, so I know that I am NOT psychic and hold NO ability to forsee the future what so ever! That is my rational brain saying this. However, there are times when I will be doing my daily activities and get the weirdest dejavu like feelings that send my anxiety into a downward spiral faster than anything else. I can be typing an email, reading on this website, or even brushing my teeth and this "feeling" will wash over me. It is like I had a dream the night before that this would happen. It will scare me because I feel like it is a premonition that something bad is about to happen. I will immediatly begin to worry about the safety of my loved ones. Also, here lately, I have had health anxiety. When I get these feelings now, I am convinced that my body is trying to "warn me" that I have HIV (even though I have had a neg. test) and it gets me going. Are any of you experiencing this or have I just oficially lost my mind? H-E-L-P! I am scared to google it because everytime I type ANY of my symptoms into google I end up with HIV and/or cancer combined with a huge panicky feeling that I will be meeting death anyday now. I notice that when my anxiety is high, I get that feeling more and then the cycle is never ending with one leading into the other. Thanks.

Meewah
25-03-09, 03:29
Hi

Its hard I Know but I have had the very feelings you describe, I have them every day and for 3 years and even though I feel "the end is Nigh" it never arrives, then bang that feeling again and I am sure I will die or something will happen to my family, Its awful but its all the self preservation skills our mind has adopted to keep us from danger and threat of death.

I am sure it will pass. I sometimes laugh at the feeling now as I have had it for so long.

Mee

LucyA
25-03-09, 09:17
Hey,

I hope this little bit of information will help you cope with these feelings: De Ja Vu is a chemical imbalance within the brain. It basically means that the chemical messages get to one half of your brain before the other, meaning that one side is collecting information about your surroundings first, leaving the other one thinking 'hang on, hasn't this already happened?' because they are both linked. I'm not explaining this too well, sorry!!

Basically the chemical imbalance is nothing to worry about - it can be exacerbated by tiredness and stress (the latter in your case, with anxiety I would think) it's just that some of us are affected differently than others. This is just another nasty side effect of anxiety, I hope it goes away for you soon!

xxxx

NoPoet
25-03-09, 11:46
Ask yourselves a question: How many times has something bad actually happened after a moment of deja vu?

Stressed32
25-03-09, 14:18
You guys are right...nothing ever happens and I have learned to "cope" with the feeling for sure...but it still scares me. This is especially true when my health anxiety kicks up because then I go from thinking "someone is going to die" to "I am sick and my body is trying to tell me". Amazing what our brains do to us huh? Thanks so much for the post...glad to know it is a real thing and not all in my head.