PDA

View Full Version : Hello - symptoms

sweepwasfab
24-03-09, 20:00
Hiya,

I am new to this site and I would like to say hello to all who use this site. It is an excellent source of information.

A bit about myself. I am a Scottish male in my late thirties and have been through, what I would call, hell and back.

Over that last two years or so, I have been suffering from stress and anxiety which made what would be a normal life, pretty hard. Mainly, the stress was due to work and very low self esteem. I suffered all the symptoms i.e. headaches, light headedness, dizziness, palpitations, shortness of breath, feeling of loosing control, balance, etc.

I went to the doctors during this time to find out what was wrong and all the tests were done. You would think this is good right? Wrong, I started to think the worst i.e. brain tumors, etc. This was not good.

Slowly but surely, I managed to control the fear and low and behold, the symptoms started to ease.

Why am I posting this message? Two reason really....

Firstly, I would like to say that if you persist, think positively and relax. There is light at the end of the tunnel. My problem was a chronic lack of self confidence in the workplace which affected my overall life. Therefore, I continually told myself to 'believe in myself' and I am starting to feel the benefits and more positive.

However, I still get the headaches, dizziness and light headedness. Is there anyway that I can do to stop them?

I have looked at my lifestyle and I do eat and excercise better than I used to?

Is it possible that I am being a wee bit impatient?

Many Thanks

Sweepwasfab

Ddcoo
25-03-09, 10:40
Hi sweepwasfab. Congratulations to you for being so positive and recovering from a lot of your past symptoms. Claire Weekes books always say "let time pass", and of course once we make progress we expect all symptoms to magically disappear, but of course it doesn't happen, but I am sure you are on the right track and eventually by thinking positively the dizziness etc will disappear. Keep up the good work!