PDA

View Full Version : Am I suffering from panic attacks

stodgypilot
24-03-09, 23:25
Hi guys,

Just needed a bit of advice. I am a 21 year old male, and I am really struggling at the moment. I think i have either an inner ear infection or really bad sinusitis but at times I am convincing myself it is something worse.

I have a few questions I really need answering.
When I get what I assume to be a panic attack - dizziness, wave of fear and anxiety, feel like im about to die, head rushes - I dont really experience chest pains. I was just wondering if it was possible to suffer anxiety attacks without the heart related issues??
I have been getting frequent facial twitches especailly around eyes and mouth most of the time. Is this normal for an anxiety sufferer?
I suffer from varying headaches and very localised head pains lasting seconds, and very frequent headaches... even when not having an attack. Is this also common?

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks
Tom

yorkylover
24-03-09, 23:34
Sounds pretty much like anxiety and panic to me hun.You can get lots of different symptoms,we are all different.We all fully understand how you are feeling,there is lots of support here and friendly advise.:hugs:

Ross
24-03-09, 23:39
Hi Tom.

Anxiety affects people in such varying ways, it is sometimes impossible to give a definite answer as to whether or not you have developed into an Anxiety 'sufferer'.

Dont forget that EVERYONE experiences anxiety in varying levels on a day to day basis.

If you believe you have an Ear Infection or even Sinusitis, you should go consult your GP as the 'over the counter' Sinus treatments are somewhat ineffective (I suffer Sinusitis quite frequently).

The symptoms of either an Ear Infection or Sinusitis can cause dizziness, and headaches. As for the twitching, it could be attributed to stress, especially seeing as you are confused as to whether or not you have an infection, suffer anxiety, thoughts of being close to death etc etc.

When you see your GP, inform him/her of these other symptoms you are experiencing. You may even find that once you have relieved yourself of the infection, the anxiety will diminish.

Either way, you are welcome here for as long as you feel you need to be, and even after that.

Welcome to NoMorePanic.

NoPoet
25-03-09, 13:19
I have been getting frequent facial twitches especailly around eyes and mouth most of the time. Is this normal for an anxiety sufferer? I suffer from varying headaches and very localised head pains lasting seconds, and very frequent headaches... even when not having an attack. Is this also common?
Sounds like you've got tired eyes or eye strain, or your prescription for glasses/contact lenses is not right for your eyes. Could also be tension as opposed to anxiety. Do you spend a lot of time looking at computer screens and/or concentrating hard?

Twitches are very common if you're tired or strained.

bonnie1980
26-03-09, 23:08
hello Tom i am new to this to and new to this sight. i'v just started to get panic attacks and from what you are saing it sounds like it to me everyone is diffrent but you are not alone even if you think yo are the only one in the world you are not hun i wish you all the best if you want to talk i am here as i would like to talk to ppl to as i am frightend to
Everyone has been so nice and helpfull on here and i only joind last night thats how good it is
xx