PDA

View Full Version : New to site

nutty73
24-03-09, 23:49
Hiya all,

I just want to say what a great site this is.. I have suffered from anxiety/panic on and off for the last 20 years. They started when I was 16 after my parents split up. They became worse after the birth of my first child was born. My anxiety is nearly always over my health. Mainly missed heartbeats and fear of passing out. I have lost alot of my independance as I won't drive on the highways anymore and I hate been stuck in traffic, myhusband get a little cranky over this.
I am alot better than I used to be. I haven't been on medication for over 4 years. I have just started taking vitamins. If I could just get over this fear of passing out and stop focusing on the heartbeat thing I would be ok (I think).
This year I am trying to face my driving fears, so I drive a in to town once a week. (We live in the country so town is 35minutes away). I drive on the country road to get there but it is quicker to drive on the highway, so I am going to drive that way on Monday with a friend.
Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and I already feel comfort just from reading other posts on this site.
Take care
P.S sorry this is so long

Patty
24-03-09, 23:59
Hi Nutty73, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I also have a fear of passing out (though I never have) & driving anxiety.

Well done for driving into town. :yesyes: Good luck for Monday. :yesyes:

Best wishes :bighug1:

kittykat
25-03-09, 08:51
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good sound advice on here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

nantonan
25-03-09, 20:36
Hi, I am new to this site and so pleased I have found it. I am in my 60`s and have had anxiety/panic attacks for 20 odd years. Well done for conquering the driving.I also panic when having to go on a motorway or drive out of my home area but a tip someone gave to me when going on a journey that might take some time or HAVING to go on a motorway, is to turn the radio up or play a CD and sing really loudly, this will regulate your breathing and you are concentrating on something else instead of what is making you feel as you do.I do this often, nobody can hear you and it has helped me. I also carry around with me at all times, my security blanket I suppose, is a bottle of BACHS RESCUE REMEDY, it`s herbal so is safe to take when ever you need reassuring, it does calm me down when I feel anxious. Hope this helps and good luck.

belle
25-03-09, 21:28
Hi and welcome :)

x