PDA

View Full Version : coming of citalopram(help)

susanah
25-03-09, 09:32
Been on citalopram on and off for 9 years after the birth of my second son, for anxiety and panic! Have stopped taking it a few wks ago Feeling really rotten depressed my brain doesn't seem to be funtioning properly has anyone had simular withdrawl symptoms?:wacko:

WillLatch
25-03-09, 12:11
Hello Susanah... welcome to NMP. I am not familiar with coming off your drug but I am working my own withdrawal from sleeping tablets at present albeit not the length of time you have needed the assistance. You will find MUCH support and kindred spirits here and the info to the left may help you find more answers. I just wanted to say how brave you are being and congratulate you on rising to this challenge. Very best of luck with finding the inner strength that I am sure you will.

diane07
25-03-09, 14:43
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of help and support here and make alot of friends along the way.

I dont know anything about coming off meds but there are loads on here that do so keep posting.

best wishes

di xx

kittykat
26-03-09, 08:39
Hi there and :welcome: to the site,lots of good advice and support and also a good chatroom.
I came off prozac and i can tell you i felt pretty rough for a few weeks,and then it passed getting a bit better every day from there. The secret is to reduce the dose gradually, maybe the doctor hasn't got it quite right for you yet, i would see how you go and if you feel you are struggling go back and see him to get things adjusted a bit, hope that helps a bit , take care xx