PDA

View Full Version : Flat Pack!

tattybear
03-08-05, 11:54
I know this is a silly post but hey, i feel excited...and yes i know this is a very sad thing to get excited about....but I just put together a dining table and chair set from Argooos! It involved spanners, screws, nuts, bolts and a drill and i did it all by myself!! first flat pack ive done and I got it right.....unless it breaks tonight [:I]

I think my fiance will be V shocked when he gets home!

If I can do it...then theres hope for EVeRYONE!!

Tatty B xx

Lucy36
03-08-05, 12:02
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I know this is a silly post but hey, i feel excited...and yes i know this is a very sad thing to get excited about....but I just put together a dining table and chair set from Argooos! It involved spanners, screws, nuts, bolts and a drill and i did it all by myself!! first flat pack ive done and I got it right.....unless it breaks tonight [:I]

I think my fiance will be V shocked when he gets home!

If I can do it...then theres hope for EVeRYONE!!

Tatty B xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by tattybear - 03 August 2005 : 11:54:41</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

good on ye, wish i could do stuff like that, it would be just a complete shambles. well done [Wow!]

take care
Lucy

seh1980
03-08-05, 12:14
haha Tatty how cool is that?? Good on you!! I never would have been able to do it..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
03-08-05, 12:38
Well done Tatty.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

alexis
03-08-05, 12:58
well done Tatty, sometimes think you need a degree just to read instructions,make your first meal from it special, Love Alexis

Sarah-Jane
03-08-05, 13:45
a big well done tatty, i wish i could manage a flat pack, i get stressed hot and bothered and end up saying b o l l o c k s to it lol Best left to my husbad lol

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Meg
03-08-05, 14:07
Excellent Tatty ..

Now you know what to do next time you start getting a wobble on .... A great form of distraction

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
03-08-05, 14:32
Brilliant Tatty. Deciphering the instructions is usually challenging enough!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
03-08-05, 18:05
Tatty

You are so good - I leave all those sorts of things to Alex!

Well done. We know where to send our flat packed furniture now!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tattybear
03-08-05, 20:17
Lol - i normally leave them all to my bloke as i could never get my head around it...but its quite nice to see that ive actually made it....it was funny tho as when he got home he was V shocked and then went round with his spanner tightening all the bolts!! hehe. He was impressed tho!

Yeah nic thats fine... I will invoice you tho! :D

Tatty B xx

alexis
03-08-05, 20:24
lol Tatty is your hubby like mine though, will he say Ive finished it for you, or If it wasent for me the table would have collapsed by now, lol
love Alexis,xxx

tattybear
03-08-05, 20:31
Lol Alexis!!

I was really expecting him to say somting like that but I really think he was shocked and impressed that i'd actualy done it myself to make any funny comments!! hehe... although time will tell...Im sure if anything happends to it..it wil be my fault!! hehe

Tatty B xx

pips
03-08-05, 22:52
Well Done Tatty B you clever girl was it the chinese instructions you understood! LOL

Mu hubby would do exactly the same make sure everything was done right make out he knew what he was doing. Walking around nodding going hmmmmm that's good dear. Just a bit loose there though tighten it up then he feels like he's done his bit! LOL

WELL DONE!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

MardyBum
04-08-05, 13:44
Good for you, I never try now either did when we first bought then house but as andy keeps telling me if housework is womans work then DIY and flat packs are mens work lol he cant have it everyway

good for you babes

sal
04-08-05, 19:37
Hey Tatty

Dont sound too eager and good at it or it may give him just the excuse to sit back and leave it all to you. We all know what they are like LOL

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

tattybear
05-08-05, 16:40
Thanks Pips leslie & Sal,

Sal...We bought somthing else flat pack last nite - and he took charge of it as soon as we got home LOL think he was trying to prove that he can do it too! But unlike him i didnt go around checking it afterwards!! hehe

Tatty B xx

alexis
05-08-05, 18:36
Hi Tatty has he put it together if not, hide a screw and then when he struggles say let me have a look, and put it in, takes a woman, Love Alexis,:D

tattybear
05-08-05, 20:19
LOL alexis!!!

No i idnt have time for that - as soon as we were in the door he was off doing it!! Prob trying to keep up with me..although I dont think a plastic 3 tier storage boxes really competes with my 4 dining room chaisr & my table!! hehe

Tatty B xx

alexis
05-08-05, 20:26
No Tatty definitly not, lol, Love Alexis,xx