PDA

View Full Version : MRI Scan - Advice Please

bex1970
25-03-09, 09:39
Hello there - I was hoping that someone could calm me down and give me some advice. I had to have an MRI scan of my sinuses and base of skull yesterday (due to very uncomfortable feeling of blocked left nostril and pressure in mouth). I was incredibly lucky in that I managed to get it done privately as my husband's work give him health insurance. My consultant has told me to come back in a week (it turns out it's because he's on holiday.....) and I know a week isn't long, but it seems like an absolute eternity... I am really scared that something is wrong and Monday seems so far away and I am in a tail spin about this. Would they tell me immediately if there was something there... or would they just wait till the consultant got back and deliver the bad news then? I know the results are ready as the nurses told me they would be ready by Monday evening but as my ENT man is away, I can't get them till he's back.

Please help me someone.... I'm really frightened. Could I ring them? Would they give me the results over the phone at the scanning centre? If there was something sinister, would they let me know asap?

Sorry to sound so panicky but am in pieces. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Peggysl
25-03-09, 09:55
Hi There

I am in the same boat, awaiting results, and also have another scan today.
I am sure that in your case, if anything was considered urgent, you would hear from them asap.
Please try not to flap....it'll only make you ill.

Pegs X

bex1970
25-03-09, 09:58
Oh Poor you Pegs - I hope you're ok. You seem braver than me. Thank you for your kind words. I always flap, and probably will until I hear the results. But thank you for replying.

Trish
25-03-09, 10:00
Hi Bex

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about hun, it's awful having to wait for results it's the worst time isn't it?

Why don't you give them a call, i can't see it would do any harm, after all it's not the NHS.

Thinking of you

Trish x

Trish
25-03-09, 10:02
Hi There

I am in the same boat, awaiting results, and also have another scan today.
I am sure that in your case, if anything was considered urgent, you would hear from them asap.
Please try not to flap....it'll only make you ill.

Pegs X

Will be thinking of you Pegs:bighug1:

Trishx