PDA

View Full Version : fear starting to build up again

katy20
25-03-09, 10:42
hi

since last night when i found a bump under the skin on the tip of my nose i have had this sense of fear and nausea. was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to calm myself down as its starting to turn into chest pain and i know that a panic atack is coming at some point.
hate the run up to an attack as i constantly feel as tho something awful is going to happen and it takes over my entire day.

katy x :blush:

Mondie
25-03-09, 10:46
Sorry you're feeling anxious today, I find the games on this site are a great distraction or I go and visit a friend. Just try and find something to occupy your mind and hopefully the panic attack won't occur.

Sending you hugs
xx

Stressed32
25-03-09, 14:26
Hi Katy20- I go through the same thing. EVERY single day I look into the back of my throat with a flashlight! I made the mistake of doing it one when I had a little sore throat and strep was going around my school...I was looking for white strep bumps. Instead, I found different bumps. Wondering what they were, I went to google....found HIV!!!!! Then my hubby came down with staff....sign of HIV?? Anyway, long stroy short, I look into my throat every day to look for those bumps and everyday they are there freaking me out.
I notice that if I can immediatly occupy my mind onto something else, it will pass. Your bump is probably one of those painful zit things. Or, my friend used to get fever blisters in/on her nose. Just DO NOT google it! Take care and stay strong.
Stressed32

mick_uk
25-03-09, 14:31
Hiya katy,
As the others have said, try and turn your attention to other things. I know it's not easy, but just try and occupy your mind with other stuff.
It will soon pass :D

take care

mick

ubermod
25-03-09, 15:32
Hi katy :)

I know how hard it can be when all of a sudden something feels very strange on our bodies and that hot wave of panic suddenly hits and the flutters start us thinking the worst. Two years ago my doctor refered me to a anxiety behaviour class run by the nhs and one thing i learned there was the 7-11 breating exercise....... when you feel panic coming on sit down (but sit up straight and pround) then breath in counting up to seven, then let the air out slowly counting from one to eleven. Keep repeating this till you find you have avoid a really big panic attack. I think it works well because not only is your mind concentrating on your breathing but also counting to.

Try it next time you'll be amazed how much it helps.

katy20
25-03-09, 15:34
thanks for yor messages. managed to keep it at bay for a while and then had a work issue so before i knew it id forgotton about my symptoms and felt so much better
thank you for your support
katy x