PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone see odd things when taking Citroplam?

PoppyC
25-03-09, 11:56
Ok this may sound nuts but I keep seeing things out of the corners of my eyes...for example I see a black coloured dog and I look and its an item of dark clothing on the floor! You know how when you are tired and you see things in the shadows and it can look like something else other than what it is...its a little like that. Do you think this is a side effect? Has anyone else experienced this??? :wacko:

NoPoet
25-03-09, 15:13
My first night, I saw explosions of colour when I closed my eyes. The second night, I thought I could see the shadows of leaves swaying in the wind when I closed my eyes.

I haven't had any other visual disturbances, it's all the other 200 side effects that are bothering me :D

I shouldn't think it's anything to worry about, being jumpy and thinking you see things will almost certainly be a side effect of this bloody poison ;)

mo-cadbird
25-03-09, 15:19
hi Poppy,

when i was on cit 5 years ago I had this, it's really freaky isn't it? My gp took me off & put me on fluoxetine instead, didn't stay on them though for too long.

Now i'm back on cit and getting on alot better, early days thou, 4 weeks in, really scary blurred vision & headache last week but didn't last too long. Had a really shaky day today, feeling really tearful & twitchy, but tomorrow's another day.

how long have you been on meds?

PoppyC
25-03-09, 15:41
Hi both of you!:)
Thank you for your replies! I have been on the Citroplam coming up to 4 weeks I think. I am glad I am not alone in experiencing this. I thought I was going more nuts than what I already am! lol I had amazing anxiety free day the other day but then yesterday afternoon felt anxious and was out and wanted to run to the safety of home.This morning I felt like I was floating and seeing things and this afternoon I am feeling really relaxed and tired - its very different side effects isnt it - none are bad though so I am happy to keep taking it.

NoPoet
28-03-09, 11:50
I have actually had visual disturbances since my earlier post. It was when I was exhausted on Thursday and Friday, just colours and shimmering around the edge of vision, but they didn't last long and I knew it was a combination of tiredness and medication.

keith113
29-03-09, 00:36
I thought I was imagining seeing these images from the corner of my eyes. At times I could swear I see rats or mice at my corners of my eyes or other things. So I see I am not alone.

PoppyC
29-03-09, 00:43
Hi again
I would hate it if I saw rats or mice!!! :ohmy: I think I prefer seeing the black dog that I keep thinking is there! lol
I have had another good day on the tablets but I keep getting this heavy sensation in my chest like I cant breathe almost. I keep myself relaxed and try not to let it panic me, and distract myself, and it soon passes. I dont know if it is related or not to the tablets. :shrug: