PDA

View Full Version : fibromyalgia

emma30982
25-03-09, 13:30
hi there my anxiety started with a pain in my pack and really feeling tired and unwell been telling the docs but they are no listening thats what brought on my anxiety does anyone have this and if so how does it make you feel
thanks

nanny
25-03-09, 14:48
Hi There

I don't have this but i do suffer severe anxiety so know how you are worrying.

I think it's terrible that your doctor is not listening to you, i would see if i could get an appointment with another one if i were you.
You have every right to be seen and listened too, so please try again and perhaps have your mind put at rest.

Good Luck:)

pinkpiglet
26-03-09, 23:56
My doctor as mentioned that i may be suffering from fibromyelgia due to the fact that i have been suffering extreme tiredness and sharp pains in my neck (more glands). I have a history of glandular fever and under-active thyroid and my doctor thinks that this might have caused some lasting damage. He hasnt prescribed me anything for this as i am also been treated for anxiety.
I also get pains in my shoulder and back but i know very little about this condition. Infact, my gland pain and tiredness is getting worse and i feel i should mention this again to my doctor and request some meds to ease it. I also feel dizzy alot of the time. : (

L1SA
27-03-09, 16:24
Hi

I am a Fibromyalgia suffer with Anxiety..

I belong to the Fibromyalgia Assosiation UK (web addy on useful links)

I would like to help anyone who may think they have FM or have or would like information on this condition

I currently am a Moderator on the FMAUK and i support/give advice to people with this condition and who suffer both anxiety and FM

Katiex
12-05-09, 04:11
:bighug1: I'm another one from the FMA UK forum. I find the website really helpful and reassuring.

I have too many symptoms to list some very strange and it makes my anxiety worse.

Gavin
01-07-09, 11:26
Hi

I am a Fibromyalgia suffer with Anxiety..

I belong to the Fibromyalgia Assosiation UK (web addy on useful links)

I would like to help anyone who may think they have FM or have or would like information on this condition

I currently am a Moderator on the FMAUK and i support/give advice to people with this condition and who suffer both anxiety and FM Hi i think i may be suffering from fibromyalgia the more i read about it im convinced i have this been told i suffer from chronic fatiuge/M.E

Gavin
01-07-09, 14:46
Hi i think i may be suffering from fibromyalgia the more i read about it im convinced i have this been told i suffer from chronic fatiuge/M.E and i have 99.9% of the symptoms

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

charlotte83
01-07-09, 19:25
I think I have fibromyalgia, I get painful muscles all over and my legs ache really badly from walking. Also painful in all the spots that they test it for.

L1SA
05-07-09, 14:00
Hi sammy & Gavin

Fibromyalgia is chronic stiffness & pain 24/7 wide spread around the body with extreme faitgue. Pain is not relieved by any medication although some may help a little.

You need to have had these symptoms for 6 months or more before diagnoses.

GP referes you to a Rhumatologist who will do the tender point test. You need 11 out of 18 BUT i dont have that many and was still diagnosed!

Bloods will be done to rule out anything as a precaution

Assosiated conditions are... /IBS/costochondritis/CFS&ME/TMJ and many more.

I know with anxiety alot these are also connected like the Costo & TMJ & fatigue & IBS

I am under a physiotherapist who i see regulary for the FM

I find my anxiety is hightened the more pain im in.

With FM you can differ from day to day.... pain can be in one place one min and another the next.

Its very hard to control BUT with support & advice from us it makes it better.

I also Mod UKFM

http://www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org/community/

http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/index.php

You can have a read without becoming a member if you wish.

:bighug1:

steveo5
06-07-09, 10:49
hi all, i had m.e since 1992 some of symptoms seem same as anxiety, other than palps and anxiousness, i found it difficult to move during my worst just no energy and aching muscles and joints just like bad flu like symptoms, had loads of blood tests but they all clear but m.e dosnt show in blood i dont think, must take look at them sites lisa thanks,