PDA

View Full Version : Have you got one particular person you trust?

StephdeMeth
25-03-09, 14:53
Do you have one particular friend that you trust, or is there a group of people, or are you on your own? I was just wondering, as I have one particular person that I rely on a lot, but there are a couple of other friends that can deal with me when I get like I do. Part of me, however wishes I was on my own as I hate affecting other peoples lives, especially as I care for them so much - every time I have a panic attack it must make a big difference to them....

Missy69
25-03-09, 19:10
I rely on me !!!!

LadyBrackers
25-03-09, 22:41
Hi, I understand your difficulty! It seems that you dont want to overburden the one person that you do trust or feel that you will drive others away by your reliance on them...

If your friends are true friends, they will understand and be compassionate when you require them to be. Its very easy to see who will stick by you and who wont when you need them.

Take care:)

RMcC
27-03-09, 12:27
One of my colleagues is a real rock, don't know what I'd do without him, but I hate to burden him as he has plenty of his own stuff to deal with. Funnily, while work is my problem, I'm getting most support from a couple of my colleagues-I know they are there if I need them and they seem to almost understand what is going on with me. My friends (the few that know) and family (again, the close family that know) are there too, and while they are sympathetic I feel like they don't really understand. I totally understand where you are coming from StephdeMeth, I know you hate to trouble people but I guess we have to try and remember that we all need someone sometimes, so perhaps you can return the favour someday. I think the song 'lean on me' sums it up quite well - 'it's won't be long...till I need somebody to lean on.'

sunshine-lady
28-03-09, 21:08
I rely too much on my husband. Hopefully things will get better soon.

reallyfedup
01-04-09, 16:13
I rely too much on my husband. Hopefully things will get better soon.

me too- bless him

Granny Primark
01-04-09, 17:47
Ive got a special friend that ive known for 20 years that is the best mate in all the world.
Im on the phone to her loads everyday and I see her virtually everyday.
But ive also got a very special mate from nmp that has been my rock for the last 2 years and I love her to bits.
SAMKIRMAN thanks so much.:bighug1:

Martin Ell
03-04-09, 22:40
No one knows that I suffer panic attacks and anxiety - I must hide it well! It'd be great if I had someone to talk to about it, but I guess I just don't want to admit it to anyone, or I might appear "weak". It's stupid I know.

But I can always rely on me :D

bel25
09-04-09, 20:36
I have lots of supportive friends but one friend that i talk to about everything that goes on to do with my PA.
xxx

ChristyW
10-04-09, 12:58
I'm one of the lucky ones that have both support with friends and family. If it wasn't for them I'd never know how to get through my days

Captain America
10-04-09, 23:36
i have a few people that i truly believe wish only the best for me and will do anything to help. but in the end, i can only really open up to my therapist.

i don't want the stuff that comes out of my mouth to ruin my relationships with family and friends. and i can't keep it bottled up, so i pay someone to let me unload on them.

bel25
12-04-09, 23:28
I have lots of supportive friends when i felt really bad but have one friend in particular who i talk to about it all- childhood problems that may relate to it, worries, fears, where they came from etc etc- it really is great to know that someone is there for you. Hope you're all well :-)
xxx

Plumpetals
13-04-09, 07:31
I have one particular friend whom I can tell everything to. I know she won't judge me and I know she has similar issues so she can relate. She supports me when I need it and gives me a good shaking when I need that too!

Other than that, I have several friends around me but none that I really feel comfortable opening up to. I, too, don't want to risk burdening them with my problems - especially when they may not see it as a problem. It's not easy. But I manage. It's also made me try to work on things on my own -- and when I do achieve this, I feel good.

june
13-04-09, 10:20
I voted "on my own" because when I panic I Escape to the bathroom so hubby does not see the fear - i always think i do to want to worry others with MY problem.
Kept it to my self for years - 'they' always assumed i was the one who could "cope with anythng - I was the one who ""sorted ""everything - no one realised what I was giong through - then they began to think i was "over reacting to things:blush: Now I have explained my panic / and anxiety 'they' often say that i should be over it by now:blush: :blush:
I know if relly need help they will all be there but now it is my embarrassment that keeps me isolated.:weep:

Insomniac
13-04-09, 10:28
I have to say I consider myself very lucky.... I have a very understanding husband who will reassure me, stay close if I need him, listen to me chatting about nothing to distract myself and never gets frustrated with me.

Also I have my sister who lives close by and a good friend who has had similar difficulties. Even more so, my boss is brilliant! How lucky am I?!

And lets not forget everyone here at NMP!! :yesyes: :hugs: