PDA

View Full Version : Got my Results today

helen__w
03-08-05, 14:25
Hi

Thanks for all your messages.

I saw the doctor today and he said I have 'mild esophageal delay' caused by acid reflux! But this doesnt seem to have anything to do with food sticking in my throat which is good but I still haven't managed to eat solid foods, so I am going to see how I get on today with the knowledge there isnt anything that should cause food to stick in my throat!

Helen x

Meg
03-08-05, 15:20
It probably means that the receptionist is not allowed to give out any personal information. If she had and if you had then asked her anything she would not have known the answer anyway and you would have needed to make an appt and been even more worried.

If there was lots to say and you needed treatment urgently they would have rung you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Kez
03-08-05, 15:58
This is normal, I had to go and see the doctor to get my results. It was so they could explain everything. I just went along and the doctor said I got acid reflux. Very short appointment and very easy, no scariness. :)

Take care

KEZ

nomorepanic
03-08-05, 16:11
I usually make a point of going in to discuss even blood test results cos when you ring the "results line" they just say yes all ok. I want to actually discuss the results with the doc so I understand what they mean.

I would say it was all normal and would be good for you to get the news from him/her first hand so he/she can explain it fully and reassure you with any questions etc.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
03-08-05, 16:52
It's normal so please don't worry!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

helen__w
03-08-05, 17:08
Thanks everyone! I don't feel so worried now!

Luckily the doctors has a good appointment system and you just ring up at 8am the morning you want to go and are guaranteed to see a doctor. So I can do it tomorrow, so at least its not long to wait!

Helen x

nomorepanic
03-08-05, 17:54
Wow I wish my doc's was like that. I have to make an appointment at least a week - 10 days in advance to get in for a non emergency appointment.

Hope it goes well - let us know ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sal
04-08-05, 00:05
It is normal hun so please dont worry too much about it. Let us know when you get the results.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

seh1980
04-08-05, 14:11
Glad to hear it's nothing serious!! Good luck with the food :D

Meg
04-08-05, 14:29
Good news - Hope you get on ok with trying food again.

When are you going on your travels ?

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

alexis
04-08-05, 18:58
Good news then Helen, now the hardest part to start eating again, are you still on for Tuesday travels, pity Im going from a different airport, Love Alexis,xxx

sal
04-08-05, 19:11
Hi Helen

How are you managing eating your food now you know the results and your mind is at ease.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

helen__w
04-08-05, 21:05
Hi Sal

I thought I would be able to eat better today after being told that my throat is ok, but I haven't had any luck [Sigh...] I got really upset with myself because I just don't understand why I cant just eat properly! The problem is I love food and I eat everything and it's my social life as I eat out 3/4 times a week, but I havent been able to do this for ages now!

I dont really know what to do or what to try, I feel that I've almost forgotten how to eat! Right now I just feel like I'll never be able to eat properly again - I'm living on Complan and yoghurts which isnt going to be any good for me long term!

Sorry to sound so miserable but I dont feel like I'm making any progress and I'm supposed to go to India on Tuesday but I just dont know whether I'll be able to go if I still cant eat

Helen x

sal
04-08-05, 21:55
Helen

Dont be sorry but hun it is going to take time to get used to eating again after living on complan and yogurts. I know the doctors have helped take away your fears but the physical and mental effects wont go away over night. You will know yourself to try eating little bits slowly and maybe in your own company so that is less pressure on you. In time i am sure it will come right and you sound very determined to sort it especially since you have had your clear results.

Love Sal xx

Meg
04-08-05, 23:17
Helen,

A couple of ideas

Have you been given any valium ? If so take a dose and try to prove to yourself this is muscular and reactionary and eat something thicker whilst you're under the effect of it.

Try ice cubes and see if that helps at all / or eat icecream with bits in it ie crumbled biscuits mixed in it.

Ice cold water/ chewy mints / sucky sherbet sweets can help too.

Meg

helen__w
04-08-05, 23:24
Thanks Sal!

I think you are right - I guess I assumed that I would be able to eat straight away after being to the doctors!

I am going to take the acid reflux meds tom and hope that once that calms down I can start to eat little bits.

My partner went to India this Tuesday and said there is plenty of soups and yoghurts out there to keep me going so I'm just going to take it easy and eat what I can instead of putting pressure on myself that I have to be eating properly before I fly!

Helen x

seh1980
05-08-05, 10:13
Just take it slowly Helen :D

alexis
05-08-05, 13:34
Hi Helen I wonder if underneath you are also worried about going to India, it is a big move you are doing, maybe once you go and you also know your throat is OK you may start gradually eating again, just a thought, take care, have tried to add you to my msn again, maybe you could add me this time if it doesnt work, Im usually on late on a night as you know, take care, Love Alexis,xx

helen__w
05-08-05, 17:15
Hi Alexis

I think me going to India might have something to do with it, and the pressure that I had to be eating properly in time to go. I hope that it will get back to normal when I'm out there! I thought I might wait a couple of days to see if the zoton helps with my acid reflux then try and eat something then

I tried adding you to msn too but it said it couldnt do it because you weren't signed up with the passport? Not sure what it meant but it sent you an e-mail to explain!

I hope it works

Helen x