PDA

View Full Version : not the doctors... eek!!

ubermod
25-03-09, 15:48
Well i was wondering if anyone else is the same as me?

I've been suffering with health anxiety for about 14 years now, during this time i've believed myself to have had every number of illnesses i could think of. But over these 14 years i've only ever gone to the doctor to check things out when i really couldn't take much more, then being told i suffer from anxiety.

I worry alot about things wrong with my health but have a massive fear of going to the doctors, i've read on here about people who book appointments at the first sign of a problem and go every time they feel something wrong. I just cant bring myself to do this and i live in fear sometimes that if something is really wrong i wouldn't be able to take that trip to sort it out. It's almost a phobia, i worry somethings wrong but have to suffer because i cant do anything about it!!

Does anyone else have this problem?

LisaLisa
25-03-09, 16:51
Hi there

Yes I too have this fear now. Its horrible because I fear that I have HIV although my tests have all been negative four times but I have all these signs and symptoms and beleive that I have a strain not tested for in uk. Horrible.

But yes now I am afraid to go withthe symptoms I have because I feel like they wil then tell me I actually have it and I will loose everything .

Horrible

Lisa
x