PDA

View Full Version : oh not again

becs
25-03-09, 19:26
hi wondered if anyone can help i have felt very well for last 5 months have been on citalapram 20 mg daily since august after an episode of anxiety lasting till aprox oct , lately , ie last few days, i have noticed that the increased anxiety feelings have come back, i have all the same symptoms like lump in my throat, tiredbut cant sleep, tearful ,feeling of dread , tingling sensations , hot sweats , cold rushes/ shivers , memory problems, absent minded , tight tension head the list goes on .
what i cant work out is the fact that i am on the meds and have still gone down hill for no apparent reason, cant help but think is there somthing else wrong maybe diabetes or hyperthyriod .
there are no immense stresses or worries in my life at the moment work is always a challenge as a midwife but if am honest have been really enjoying it lately .
finding it hard to function again because the way i feel , feeling emotionless, and find it easier to avoid meeting up with people i usually love to do this .
feel cross this is happenin yet again to me why why why ,
just when things were going so well

almost feels like when i first start the tablets the side effects that you get at the beginning .... this does not make sense

what should i do spoke to gp said see how it goes make an appointment if still struggling maybe increase to 30 mg

worried if i increase will feel worse

do not want to change the meds altogether dont dare

becs

suzy-sue
26-03-09, 13:17
Sorry youre feeling horrible,but this can sometimes happen.2omg is a low dose so an increase to 30mg may be all you need.Your dr can check your thyroid function with a blood test and your urine for sugar ,to make sure.Hope you feel better soon. Sue:hugs: