PDA

View Full Version : halfempty

halfempty
25-03-09, 21:45
Anybody else have low backache accompanied by low abdominal discomfort ? The low abdo discomfort feels like when I used to have periods, that low dragging sensation.

I have had so many blood tests screening etc, but nothing has shown up. I have not however had an X ray of the back. I have backache for over a year and as I am 66 years old, put it down to wear and tear.

suzy-sue
25-03-09, 22:16
I frequently get this and for me its caused by osteoarthritis of the spine.It can be a sign of a prolapse as well ,do you feel that you need to urinate more?If not its more likely to be osteoarthritis,your Dr can give you some anti imflammatorys which will help with the pain,or you can take Ibrofen. sue

NoPoet
26-03-09, 00:21
It sounds like bad posture to me. Think about the way you sit, especially if you use a computer for long periods of time. Or maybe the mattress on your bed is broken or too stiff.

halfempty
26-03-09, 16:39
I frequently get this and for me its caused by osteoarthritis of the spine.It can be a sign of a prolapse as well ,do you feel that you need to urinate more?If not its more likely to be osteoarthritis,your Dr can give you some anti imflammatorys which will help with the pain,or you can take Ibrofen. sue

---
Thanks for that. Yes, I do feel like I want to urinate more than normal. Also I have been told that I have a retroverted womb which probably doesn't help; either. All the best to you
Angela

halfempty
26-03-09, 16:40
It sounds like bad posture to me. Think about the way you sit, especially if you use a computer for long periods of time. Or maybe the mattress on your bed is broken or too stiff.

Yes, thanks. I do try to watch my posture as I am always on the computer.