PDA

View Full Version : Im going to war to fight anxiety. ur welcome to join

Nicola_lou
25-03-09, 23:08
Hey guys, listen I'm fed up of rolling on my back for anxiety to scratch
My belly. These silly little irrational thoughts like I'm going to die I'm
Going to have a heart attacks, stop breathing, memory loss, the list is hugh.
Now I've had enough the brain is so complex its working against us at
The moment we need to get it wrking for us.
Now we trained our brains to think this way having anxiety we constantly
Checking in. TIME TO STOP. Get a crossword puzzle. Get out if we think oh god I
Can't go out I gotta stay in, then guess what u will.
Start thinking POSITIVE yes I can go down the shop yes I can go bk to work.......
We need to retrain our brains by thinking positive and not being so wrapped up in
This researching all the time cause u will delevlope problems.

I'm in this to now set a goal whether its going to the shop say to yourself. I CAN DO THIS, I'M FINE
I'M HAPPY IN THIS ENVIROMENT. When a panic acures tell urself oh another one
Remember I'M OK NO HARM WILL COME.

Anyone is welcome to come, cause I'm marching already

debera
25-03-09, 23:29
hi nicola lou
im marching right along with you. wait for me
debera:hugs: :hugs:

NoPoet
25-03-09, 23:30
I'm in.

Nicola_lou
25-03-09, 23:48
Hey guys. First step taking. But we are going to war if anyone needs
Positive advise then feel free to email me about anything.
Cause we r in this together and yes set backs will acure and we will all
Need reasurance.
Our army

debera
26-03-09, 09:13
feel free to pm me too anytime. lets. lets march on

sharona
26-03-09, 09:29
Hi
I would gladly march with you all.

Sharona

lenore
26-03-09, 10:49
I'm marching beside you all :)

Nicola_lou
26-03-09, 17:58
How's everyone feeling today. Still feeling blah. I've had tough day to.
But I'm keeping busy done all my cleaning and I got a crossword book.
When ur doing things like the crossword books ur focus is only on that.
Got my bedroom to clean now I've been collecting glasses up there cause I'm
Always taking a drink to bed.

And remember POSITIVE THINKING people. WE CAN DO THIS and remember
THEY ARE JUST THOUGHT mind is so complex its just playing tricks on us

Anna C
26-03-09, 18:00
Hi,

I'll march with you too.

Anna x :hugs:

nantonan
26-03-09, 18:15
Bring it on ! What a great positive outlook, I`m with you kid ! I am arming myself with crosswords and suduku books tomorrow, look out anxiety, you`re history ! ( i hope )

The marchers are on the war path !

debera
26-03-09, 18:39
well today seemed to be a bad anxiety day for me. but i am trying to stay positive. so i got up took the dog out for a nice long walk. then popped into the pet shop and bought some food for the dog. i came home and done some laundry, hoovered and then went out again with the dog. i am trying to stay very busy. anxiety is not going to get the best of me. its not going to get me down. im going to keep on marching. hope you all had a good day

Nicola_lou
26-03-09, 21:54
Hi guys, just an update. Been keepin busy all day so I've just sat down but
The thoughts have been on and off. So I kept POSITIVE silly thoughts nothing going
To happen.

Hope you all been training your brain to keep POSITIVE by saying YES I CAN get through
This. I've just got out the crossword book cause tele doesn't quite distract you, just
Need a pen now looking everywhere.

Anyway we have survived another day WHY cause there's nothing wrong with us just our
Mind playing tricks. And STOP WORRYING we are all in this together and YES we
Will put anxiety to bed for good.

kenboon
26-03-09, 22:05
You really have to grab it by the scruff of the neck to overcome it. And it looks like your going the right way about it :).

Ken

Katie1633
26-03-09, 22:42
Hi guys, I'm right there with you. I've also had enough after suffering for 19 yrs. I'm now 37 and got 3 kids, 15, 12 and 3 and none of them have had a day out with me. Tomorrow however, I am going to go with hubby to collect son from nursery after being housebound for over a year!! Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted. Good luck to you all. Katie x

Nicola_lou
26-03-09, 22:58
Hi kat. You programmed ur mind to think that way. When your going
To pick up your little one tomorrow try not to think about it just do it.
Keep focusing on your child and the look on their face when they see
Mum. That will be rewarding enough.
Keep repeating to yourself I'm CONFORTABLE IN THIS ENVIROMENT wherever
You are. YES I CAN DO THIS I'm just going to pick my child up.
where some braclets out to distract u this u go deep in though. Take you phone
Read some messages or come on this site through your mobile. YOU CAN DO IT
I NO YOU CAN.

Let us no tomorrow think of us marching with u.

debera
27-03-09, 00:11
well good night everyone, another day well done
will be ready to march again tomorrow
love debera:hugs:

Nicola_lou
27-03-09, 14:17
hi guys hope you all been polishing the cob webs off your boots this
morning and using then.
no point in rolling over on our backs anymore we have already tried that done
work so the only way to break this cycle is for us to break through it.
we do feel sorry for ourselves to much and need to focus on our lives we are
only here once now lets make the most of it.

its not going to happen over night but the more we train our brains to be positive
and to work for us again, the less likely we are to fall right to the bottom again.
if anyone as tried anything and they found that it helps even only for a few mins
post it and keep at it.

until later
nicola

debera
27-03-09, 14:22
hi nicola
yep up and polished my boots already.ready to start my day. keep on marching
debera

Nicola_lou
27-03-09, 14:48
glad to hear it deb. i done some yoga yesterday copied the
images off google. hard work mind but better than sitting and thinking.
im dying to no how kate got on, as long as she is now thinking about it and
making the plans im sure she get there.

nantonan
27-03-09, 15:17
Hi guys, we are all now doing the positive thinking, it`s hard at times but we`ll get there ! Today I decided that I WOULDN`T LET these symptoms play mind games with me, so, I went food shopping, came back, had Abba blasting out and kicked in with the housework! I have started to play Solitaire on the computer and that keeps my mind from focasing on how I am feeling. Good luck to everyone on this mission ! one day at a time eh.
xx

debera
27-03-09, 16:34
hi everyone its afternoon now here in canada, this morning did my usual housework and it was such a lovely day too the dog for a nice long walk down the city i havent dont that in so long. i started to get a little bit anxious but i marched on. i was just fine. now this afternoon i have to go to the bank and do some banking. this is going to be hard as i havent been to the bank in months. hubby usually does all that. so wish me luck. i will let you all know when i get back how everything went. hope today went well for all of you
debera:hugs:

Nicola_lou
27-03-09, 16:45
Hey everyone good to read that everyone is trying and being positive.
My turn now I'm going out in the car on my own my boyfriends been
Driving me rounf last couple of week cause I panick but I've had enough
And I'm going to try.

Anna C
27-03-09, 17:56
Hi,

I went to Asda, I walked some of the way, it was really windy and my eyes were streaming and I was breathless. I thought 'I'm going to start to panic'! Then I tried to be positive and tell myself I could cope, I could do it, and I did even though Asda was really busy.

Well done everyone and keep marching!:yesyes:

pooh
27-03-09, 18:10
would it be ok if I cycle? lol

Yvonne
27-03-09, 18:28
Nicola lou

What a brilliant thread you have started! This is so positive and full of energy and enthusiasm. Well done for doing this, also you are a very good teacher and rather strict lol!!!!

Excellent - so good to see such a positive post helping people.

Love to all xxx

debera
27-03-09, 18:55
way to go nicola i am rooting for you

debera
27-03-09, 19:00
yes come and join us pooh

Nicola_lou
27-03-09, 20:36
Hey guys. Yes anyone can march with us, the more the better. I've read
Through the thread and I'm thrilled I really am cause when someone does
Something that test them we all feel good.
Plus I managed to go out in the car talking positive to myself if anyone seen
Me hope they thought I was singing. And I went food shopping. Sometimes
My minds feels like its going 100mph but I stop took deep breath and took my
Time rushing can make u worse I think/
And this ent just my forum its eveyones cause I can't do this without you lot. And
I do seem a bit stricked don't I. Haha. But guidlines seem to help sometimes.
Good day everyone. Relax tonight read a book write in your diary people it helps.

GREAT DAY EVERYONE BRIGHT AND EARLY FOR EVERY. AND DON'T FORGET TAPE
YOURSELFS ON THE BACK.. I'm here if you need me.

obscure200
27-03-09, 20:46
Good luck Debera

debera
27-03-09, 23:15
thank you obscure. well done everyone. i did make it to the bank felt a little lightheaded but i just said to myself its just anxiety and i wasnt going to die and nothing was going to happen. the main thing is i did it. anyway guys have a good night and we will all march on tomorrow.
debera
:hugs: :hugs:

Nicola_lou
27-03-09, 23:42
WELL DONE EVERYONE. GOOD DAY

I'm going out again in the car tomorrow hopefully will make it over
To my family to visit which is 7 miles away.
If we keep at it, it will become second nature. POSITIVE THINKING remember.
I was thinking it might help if we right the sentences down like I CAN DO THIS.
And postive words on how you felt when you accomplished something and take
It out with you. Anyway just a thought or someone to keep cause this will be a
Big achievment for us all.

And once again anyone will be welcome to march with us.

Night everyone. And remember POSITIVE THINKING. I CAN, I WILL then I'VE DONE IT

Nicola_lou
28-03-09, 10:10
Good morning troops.
I feel great today. How is everyone doing?.
POSITIVE thinking

Katie1633
28-03-09, 10:49
Morning all. Sorry I didn't get the chance to post last night but was busy with work. I did make it out yesterday to the nursery to collect my son. The best reward was him saying to me, 'I love you collecting me Mummy'!! Even though I've never done it before lol! Felt brave again in the afternoon so went with hubby to shop for a few items Felt a bit panicky, but again, I DID IT. Planning on going for short walk with my son today if weather holds up. It's freezing and very windy over here at the mo. What do you expect living in N.Ireland. Anyway, good luck to you all for today and here's to another day of marching. Take care, Katie x

Nicola_lou
28-03-09, 11:09
That's brilliant WELL DONE. We are all marching together. Keep at
It kat we are all rooting for you.

name
28-03-09, 12:14
Guys i LOVE yer attitude wtg it does my heart gud to see that people havnt given up or given in. I ve lost a lot of hope and felt i was the only one who believed i cud get better or at least learn to live with this and not be afraid thank u all x

debera
28-03-09, 13:13
well done kate:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: well im up and ready to start marching troops. let you all know how my day went later. march on troops
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

marie.s
28-03-09, 15:48
this what we need fighting spirit..why should we just roll over..well me for 1 im getting really fed up being like this..so lets all go for it..more good days than bad..marching on.xx

Nicola_lou
28-03-09, 17:31
That's the sprit marie we have all decided enough is enough. And yes we
Are all taking a stand.
I've had visitors all day so now they all gone I'm going out in the car for a
Spin get panicky when driving but I'm going again.
So ill be on here later with a update. I'm taking a piece of paper out with me
With positive words so if I need to stop just something to remind me ill let
U no how it works.

Nicola_lou
28-03-09, 19:55
Hey guys, how's eveyone been? I went for a walk with the dog and the wind
Caught my breath I near went into a panick attack cause I worry over breathing.
But I kept speaking positive to myself didn't have much chance got an english bull
So he was pulling me everywhere.
Anyway when I got home I still couldn't catch my breath so I sat down got my cross
Word book and tried to focus even though blurred vision and started talking a little POSTIVE
Outloud but continuosly in my head.
I calm right down and then managed to start dinner.
Anxiety worse tonight got the tightening chest and fast breathing, but ill do the same
Again I'm not going to let it get the better of me, so I'm going to power walk into
The kitcken with my POSITIVE THOUGHTS and finish my dishes then a nice bath to relax
So ill speak soon when I put anxiety to bed for the night

Nicola_lou
28-03-09, 20:04
Hey forgot to add I didn't have chance to go out in the car. After my walk
Instead. But I will definately tomorrow and take my positive words with me
On paper. That's if I'm not back in work tomorrow I'm suppose to be

debera
28-03-09, 20:30
well done nicola. today was a busy day for me also. felt panicy when i got up but just marched on. took the dog for a nice long walk it was such a lovely day. went and done some food shopping. came home had lunch and then out again shopping. came home did some hoovering and started dinner. just had a bit of lightheadedness when in the shop but i didnt let it stop me. thanks so much nicola for starting this thread. it such a positive one. we will all eventuly fight this war. so keep on marching troops

Nicola_lou
28-03-09, 22:23
Thanks Deb. I've started writting down how I feel on my good days, so
When I have a bad anxiety day I feel like I've always been like this and
There's no way out. But reading my diary will pick me up.
Also I read when ur having a panic attack to scale it between 1-10 it will take
Ur focus off ur panic plus if u have another one ie and rate it a 5 you can say well
I was 7 before this ent so bad. I have tested it and it seemed to work.
If anyone as done anything that helps, please post it. Even if you've had a bad day we are
Still her to help and hey might be able to motivate you even if you feel nothing will
Help you in a bad time

debera
28-03-09, 23:29
thanks nicola i think i too will get myself a diary and try it. i think its a great idea
anyway troops have a great night. tomorrow we will march on and fight this battle until we win

Katie1633
29-03-09, 13:47
Hi all, managed to get out for a short walk yesterday with my son. He is only 3 and walks quite slowly, but I just did some positive talking to my self and made it. Very windy too which always sets me off into a panic but just carried on with my walk even tho legs felt like jelly. I already keep a diary and yes it really does help. When you look back you always see that anxiety level has dropped tremendously once task is finished. Woke up this morning with aches and pains and very sore throat, but will try hard to get up and get on with housework. Usually I take to my bed with slightest feeling of nausea (i suffer from emetophobia), but I'm determined not to do that today. I find my crafting helps with anxiety, I design greeting cards and it definately helps to keep my anxiety and panic attacks at bay. Good luck to everyone for another positive day :yesyes: Katie x

debera
29-03-09, 13:54
wow well done katie. im just starting my day now. so will be back later to give you all an update
march on troops

Nicola_lou
29-03-09, 14:00
Hey troops. How u all doing? That great katie. I find that writing helps to haven't
Long started it. I had a bad anxiety night last night. So I wrote down all the bad
What I've been feeling like, my thoughts everything that anxiety does to me I wrote
Page after page just getting off my chest what I don't tell people cause they don't
Understand if they don't experience it. Things that have got me stressed people that
Have got me stressed and I slept right through it was great. So whatever happening today
I'm going to write it before bed. I even feel so much lighter like I've had a good
Conversation with someone.

KEEP MARCHING TROOPS

bishops
29-03-09, 14:08
im in, know i can be a wimp sometimes but im fed up being negative all the time. Today im driving to go to ice hockey and tommorow im going back to work (had 2 days off last week). work is hard and i get Pa BUT when ive done a good days work,i feel good about myself. WE are all in this together lets fight back:hugs:

orangecrush
29-03-09, 15:48
Hi Nicola

What a great post :D, I've had panic attacks and agoraphobia since last June/July and this month after 10 weeks of cbt therapy, help from lovely people on this site and a book by a great author called Paul David I have just last week been out for the first time to the park with my partner Martin and Granddaughter Kasey after weeks and weeks of little steps to the shop, then the corner, then a bit further. I've also managed a bus ride to town and back with my partner ( Just walking to the busstop would of been a NO before) I'm still not 'there' yet so I'd love to join your marching army :) :yesyes: ..I think you're all doing great,you going for a drive on your own, Debera queuing up in the bank and Anna doing the dreaded Asda woohooo :yesyes: , and Katie really well done I bet it was great for you and your son ....Who cares about the jelly legs and the scary thoughts lets all keep marching :D x x x OC x

Nicola_lou
30-03-09, 00:40
Hey troops. I have had a gwd day I been to my necies b day party with loads
Of people then my boyfriend and I went down hour friends playing pool
Till now. There were a few panicky stages but I marched through, I nearly
Cancelled on my friend cause I though I can't over do it, I'm so glad I marched on.
I really really recomend writing your thoughts down on paper all your deep bad thoughts,
Ill never show anyone, but my god I feel like a new person. I've step up a level,
Cause of all anxiety symtoms I've been holding in. Please try it.

Everyone had a gwd day, I see new people and well done orange and to the other new
Members YES come march with us. Send us a post whether you feel good or bad

debera
30-03-09, 00:49
hi troops just got in and its almost eight oclock at night. i had a very busy day today. went out driving this morning and then this afternoon took my niece and nephew out for a nice long drive along the county side for about three hours and then we stopped to get something to eat. didnt feel any anxiety until now but i guess i did over do a bit. but it is a nice feeling to be able to do all that in one day. anyway troop have a good night. i will be up and back marching with you all tomorrow. well done everyone. march on troops:yesyes: :yesyes:

Katie1633
30-03-09, 01:08
Hi all, had a bit of a bad day suffering from flu symptoms but tomorrow's another day. Can't let one bad day put me off! I think it is a really good idea to write down all your feelings as there are some things you don't want to discuss as everyone seems to get bored of all your moaning lol! Anxiety and panic can make you very angry and envious of all those who lead a reasonably 'normal' life. So to get rid of all your anger in the form of a private diary is a fab idea. I won't let today put me off tho, I'm still determined and feeling positve. Well done to all of you who have done so much today, it gives us all hope that we too CAN do it. Does anyone else find that they seem to suffer PMS a lot worse because of anxiety? I think it makes things an awful lot harder, even if you have all the good intensions of thinking positively. Guess it's just another hurdle us women have to bare.

Nicola_lou
30-03-09, 01:20
Hey fello trooper, pms is bad on its on snapping out no patience. But when your
Like that anyway due to anxiety where do I start I think my boyfriend just wants to
Run when he see me.haha.
Flu is a nightmare I had it last week from going bk to work for a week I was so on the
Edge going bk to work run down I caught the virus. And come straight back off work.
But I love your POSITIVE attitude its fab. WELL DONE hun your just a bit run down start
Popping the flu pills and you be fine.

Bill
30-03-09, 02:09
Just a couple of thoughts. Try focussing on your "blinking". :scared15: Tried it yet?:scared15: ..................

Difficult isn't it to know when and how often to blink.:scared15: That's because it's something we do naturally without thinking about it. Blinking though doesn't frighten us and that's why we don't focus on it.

However, when we're in a situation which frightens us, we tense our muscles up and as a result we feel we can't breathe because our breathing becomes shallow. We then end up focussing on our breathing and end up making the symptoms worse by working out how to breathe.

I'm sure you've already tried taking deep breaths but sometimes the trouble with concentrating on taking deep breaths means that we're still focussing on something that should happen naturally.

Therefore, try going back to the actual cause that's caused you to shallow breathe which is.....the situation or thoughts that made you feel anxious in the first place.

Positive thinking is something that I feel is essential but one thing about positive thinking is that you're adopting this approach Because you feel you're in a war against anxiety because it scares you.

Therefore, my little thought is to tell your anxiety that it's won and it can do whatever it likes with you. Allow it in, feel it and say to yourself you really don't care how it makes you feel because you're no longer going to "fight the feelings". You're just going to accept them in without reacting so you're not going to tense up. You're going to ignore them.

When it tries to attack you, say to it ok, do what you like because it can't harm you. Relax your muscles, accept and let it in without reacting to it and you'll find it's bark is worse than its bite. If then you can learn to ignore your breathing, your breathing will occur naturally just as you do blinking.

I know that's far easier said than done but I used to have panic attacks but now I don't normally think about them anymore and if I do start to feel panicky, I Try not to dwell on the feelings as you've been doing by distracting your mind. :hugs:

Nicola_lou
30-03-09, 02:34
Hey there Bill, can I just start with WOW no one as ever given me advice like you.
Most people dismiss my symtom evens doctors.
You are right last night I revisted the situation that caused it I find it hard to think about
So I wrote it all down what happened how I felt and today I do feel like it helped a lot.
Yes positive thinking really helps and give you more confidence already all of us feel stronger and when you feel mentally good we can except anxiety better. Last week
If you said to me except anxiety I would be to scared, but this thread with my fellow troops I feel like say Bill YES WE CAN EXCEPT DEFEAT CAUSE WE ARE NO LONGER AFRAID.

Thankyou so much bill and please write on our thread again someone with your wisdom
Really help. And the advice well I'm sorry my mouth dropped still is WOW. And you have over come it FANTISTIC that will be us SOON

Bill
30-03-09, 03:41
You're Most welcome Nicola.:hugs: Like I said in my pm to you just now, I wasn't sure if I should interfere but I'm glad I did now.

I think that unless someone has experienced panics or can understand our thinking processes, it's very difficult for them to really understand, even gp's who I feel perhaps are trained more in treating physical illnesses.

If I may add to my previous post, when I think of panics, I think of lions! If we were confronted by a real lion, our body would prepare us to fight or run by producing more adrenalin which is what causes our palpitations. These days though we thankfully don't normally come across lions but instead are faced by modern day stresses in our lifestyles such as in the home or at work.

These stresses tense us up affecting our breathing, causing IBS etc, just in the same way a lion would make us feel. With a lion though, we'd probably run and by the time we'd stopped running the anxious feelings would have subsided because we would have used the excess adrenalin in our running.

These days though we can't run from stress which is why it often causes a feeling of being "trapped". This means that when we are faced with a crowded situation, we'll often experience panics because crowded places trigger the underlying stress we're feeling.

Situations can act as modern day lions by triggering our underlying stress but also frightening thoughts alone can have the same effect. If we're feeling under alot of stress our minds will often focus on something to worry about because we often think in a negative way. This means we could focus on anxious symptoms as you do on breathing or on our general health.

I often refer to the parrot in a cage that pulls his feathers out! When we're feeling stressed we do the same by analysing ourselves too much whether it's how we're breathing or an illness we think we might have.

When we're under alot of stress, we have to remember how to relax. A positive mind will give us strength to outrun or fight a lion but often in the present day the only lion we have to fear is stress that we feel within ourselves so that if we learn how to counter stress, it's half the battle in defeating the lion. The other half of the battle is remembering that we have created the image of a lion in our minds due to stress and fear so that if you tell the lion to do its worst, you then find it was just the thought that was creating your symptoms because the lion isn't real. It's just an image your mind has created through fear so if you let the lion attack you, you'll find it really has no claws or teeth.

It isn't about confronting fear in a war, it's about learning how not to be afraid in battle, and that's how anxiety is defeated. Hope that's of some help.:hugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEMdXhfO-Wk&feature=related

popsy
30-03-09, 12:35
I can do the accepting thing with anxiety resonable well, but when it does over whelm me and i get into a rutt with it, the depression which accompanys it is what completely over whelms me, if i accepted that i porbably wouldnt still be here, how can i try and be accepting when i am so down and low. Any thoughts on changing my thoughts around depression would be so greatfully appreciated, it really has knocked me this time.....
C xxxx

debera
30-03-09, 13:28
thank you so much for your input bill. i does make sense:hugs: . well im up and ready to start my day troops. march on will be back later on in the day to let you all know how things went today. hope you all have a great day

Nicola_lou
30-03-09, 14:43
Hey troops bit late updating today I'm seeing a hypnotherapist later I booked
It two weeks ago so I will let you know how it goes.
Also depression does follow quickly with anxiety because we think negative all the time.
I've helped my depression with all the troops by by learning to deal and control my
Anxiety. With all the tips and a lot of determination I've found postive thinking help me a lotcause you start feeling good about yourself with what you can achieve.
We are all on here to help you but the key is inside yourself and you have to stop
Dwelling on your feeling. Come march with us

debera
30-03-09, 15:25
good luck with the hypnotherapist nicola, have a great day
debera

Granny Primark
30-03-09, 18:08
What a fantastic post!
Can I join in the march please?
Im taking my grandaughter to playgroup tomorrow and normally go in the car cus if I get panicky I can get home quickly.
Tomorrow im going to walk whether its raining, hailing or snowing.:yesyes:

lorac
30-03-09, 18:44
This is really good positive stuff well done to all of you I wish you all luck, I am marching with you each day.

Carol x

popsy
30-03-09, 19:10
Thank you for such a positive reply!
My boots are on, im marching.......!!!

Nicola_lou
30-03-09, 20:12
Hey troops. How's everyone? Charlie you'll be just fine with all us. And lynn well done that sounds great. And we got carol marching now to.
I've been to see the hypnotherapist today most talking about what I want done, he said
That I should now start thing postive like I CAN, I WILL cause if we keep telling our brain that it gets your brain to work that way. I said I already have all this week, and he only suggested that I right how I feel, I said done that this week to. So I started thinking I'm paying for this and me and the troops have already started doing it, so we are on the right path.
One of the thing he told me to do put your thumb just inbetween your eyebrows and up a little and talk positive stop saying I can't go out in the car cause ill have a panic attact say yes I can go out in the car, like we been doing there's a physcoligist lesson for you.
Got to practice now relaxing state like somewhere calm anywhere and think of a warm colour covering your body. Next week I'm going to imagine driving the car in a relax state.
So some of you could change that to going out etc.
Anyway if this sounds confusing send me quick email.
KEEP MARCHING TROOPS

debera
31-03-09, 00:24
hi troops had a great day today no anxiety or panics at all. i woke up and felt the negative thoughts coming. i just tried to switch my brain to more positvie thoughts. and you know what? it worked. went to the food shop and took my dog for a walk. then in the afternoon went to the therapist. i usually go into a panic when i have to go there but not this time. i was really calm. anyway troops have a good night. will be marching along with you tomorrow
debera

debera
31-03-09, 00:30
hi lynn
yes come and march with us. good luck when you take your grandaughter to the park tomorrow. let us know how you get on

Nicola_lou
31-03-09, 00:48
Well done deb you had a fab day. I to haven't had much anxiety I drove like 30 miles down to the therapist there and back, with my boyfriend through got panicky loads but got through it. Feel a bit anxiety tonight but tired do going to bed in a bit.
KEEP MARCHING TROOPS/ NIGHT

debera
31-03-09, 13:02
well troops up and ready to start my day

Granny Primark
31-03-09, 15:24
mission accomplished!:D
Walked my grandaughter to playgroup this morning.
Lovely warm sunshine helped.
I really didnt feel anxious at all and even made a new friend who has a grandaughter.
Going to meet up with her and her grandaughter tomorrow at the sure start playgroup I take my grandaughter to.
And guess what? I aim to walk there as well.:D

debera
31-03-09, 19:16
well done lynn. you done fab:hugs:
well today was pretty much a good day also. took the dog for a walk then went out again for a walk on my own. stopped in some shop. and even went into the bank again. didnt really feel the least bit anxious. this afternoon i think i will clean the closets out and wash the windows. i am trying to keep busy. anway troops hope your day went well . keep on marching

Granny Primark
31-03-09, 19:33
Thats the way to go deb.
I think that all we need is to build up our confidence.
Anxiety and panic rob us of that and even take away our personality.
I start to get my confidence back and then wham I have a panic attack out the blue and im back in that dark tunnel again.
The bad times I had before I could deal with, now I find it a real struggle.
I used to love a challenge.
I hope some day I can say "Bring on that challenge"

Nicola_lou
31-03-09, 20:05
Hey WELLDONE troops.
I've had a relaxing day today I haven't been anywhere I've sat infrount of the tele and I had a lay in. I could have never done this with an anxiety day.
Well done everyone.

Always think in terms of what you want, not what you you don't want, until it becomes a deeply ingrained habit to think that way.

debera
31-03-09, 20:32
well done nicola glad your day went well too

Anna C
31-03-09, 20:36
Hi,
I wanted to say well done to everyone!
I haven't been on the computer for a few days, I stayed in my sisters over the weekend and had some baby love from my little nieces! I can't believe how big this thread has become. I had a stressful day at work then came home and came on here, and it made me smile reading how positive everyone is!

I agree with writing things down, my therapist suggested a separate diary for writing down positive things only, no negatives. I try to think 'what was good about today?'

I wondered if anyone else has difficulty before they even leave the house? I work but on a saturday it takes so long to even step outside the house I get
so scared, anxious and panicky with all the what ifs!

I really enjoy reading this thread:)

Anna x

debera
31-03-09, 20:47
thank you anna. yes i used to get that alot well almost everyday as soon as i started to get ready to go out the anxiety and panic would start. it does get better believe me. it just takes a little time. hope this helps

Anna C
31-03-09, 20:56
Thanks Debra,

Its good that you find it easier now, you have been doing really well!:)
Thank you for the encouragement and I'll keep trying to be patient and positive!

Nicola_lou
31-03-09, 21:13
Hia Ann thanks for the post, yeah the thread as gone big hasn't it. Glad you had a good time over your sisters.eveyone getting on really well.
I'm come over all anxious all of a sudden so I'm going to relax and have a bath before eastenders come on. And talk postive to myself ill post a bit later.

If I don't feel fear then it means I'm not trying-fear is part of life. So feel the fear and do it anyway

Blot
31-03-09, 21:30
Well

Blot
31-03-09, 21:31
Well done to all of you! I am joining your army right now.I do not want to be a victim but I want to be a victor!! Count me in,,,,,,,,xxxxx

debera
01-04-09, 00:58
welcome aboard blot.
debera

bananas13
01-04-09, 06:02
Here's a tip that has helped me a lot:

Don't fight your thoughts... accept them and let them happen. When you allow yourself to think them, their power goes away. Let yourself go crazy... accept everything and let everything be as it is. Don't fight the panic, let it happen... it'll then lose it's power.

When I'm at my worst moments I just think to myself "Ok, my heart is racing and my breathing is short, but if I fight it, it'll get worse. I'm going to be fine. Just let happen. Everything is ok. My heart is not going to stop and I'm not going to stop breathing. It's just the anxiety. Just accept this moment right now."

I'm right here with you guys, and this forum has helped me so much! I'm gonna fight this till the end (fight by accepting, that is. lol)

Good luck everyone!

Granny Primark
01-04-09, 08:34
Another sunny day and im now preparing to walk to playgroup.:D
Ive just realised by walking it may even help me to lose some weight!
So its giving me double the incentive!!!!!:yesyes:

debera
01-04-09, 10:42
your doing great lynn. hi troops im ready to start my day,i will be back later to give you an update
debera

Katie1633
01-04-09, 12:02
Hi all. Well done to all of you, you are all doing really well. I've been down with flu and not managed any walks as such, but yesterday I sat out in the garden as it was such a glorious day, something I could never have done before. Usually with nausea, which I always get with flu, has me locked up in my bedroom due to my emetophobia, so I think I've done really well in getting outside the house. It is amazing how a post like this one can get us all doing so well. Thank you so much Nicola for having the idea. We're all in this together. I've not only got flu to fight but PMS this week too lol!! But I'm positive and won't let it bring me down. I'm not dwelling on the fact I've been ill past few days and not out walking, I'm telling myself how well I did last week to collect son from nursery and go out walking the day after. Flu won't last too long, I hope lol, and I'll soon be back marching along side all of you. Take care everyone and remember, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!
Katie x

mick_uk
01-04-09, 14:02
Hi all,
I've only just come across this post. Well done everyone. Great post and great idea.
I've got my marching boots out of the cupboard and even though some days they seem to be on the wrong foot I'm in on the march.
If you look back over your shoulder you might just spot me. :yesyes:

mick

debera
01-04-09, 15:21
welcome to our troop mick

Granny Primark
01-04-09, 17:55
Welcome mick,
Today went well but I nearly had a panic attack at playgroup cus of some of the things my grandaughter was doing!
Even the other mums and grannys noticed I was having hot sweats. lol
Hope everyone elses day went well.
Who needs cbt when we have the support from nmp members?:D :hugs:

Nicola_lou
01-04-09, 18:35
Hi my fello troops. I've been so flustrated my internet signal has been down since last night. I see you have all been doing great. And welcome mike, I spoke to mike on one of the other threads and he had to crying laughing taking about yoga moves, glad to. See you joined us. And well done you still taking your granddaughter fab, and who cares about hot sweats I use to get them before anxiety the drink on weekends I think,hehe.

Keep marching troops we already climb a few moutains.

Know what you can change in life and what you cannot change and learn to be wise enough to know the difference between the two.

debera
01-04-09, 19:15
well done for having another good day lynn. today it was pouring rain this morning so i stayed in and done some housework. it stopped raining this afternoon so i took the dog for a nice long walk. then stopped in to see a friend before coming home. today i have had a bit more anxiety but im going to fight this and keep on going. im going to take the good days with the bad and keep on marching with you all until the war is fought
debera

debera
01-04-09, 19:17
i hope you feel better soon katie
debera

Nicola_lou
01-04-09, 19:34
Well done Deb

debera
01-04-09, 19:39
thanks nicola

Haylesbells
01-04-09, 20:08
Well done Nicola_lou, this thread is just what the site needed :)
I'm in!
Hayley

Nicola_lou
01-04-09, 20:12
Welcome haley. Nice to have you. Thanks for the nice msg

The impossible is often the untired.

Nicola_lou
01-04-09, 22:54
Hey guys, how u all been today? I ent been to bad today been keeping busy. Done my cleaning and dinner and popped to the shops for odds and bobs. Chilling now watching tele. I'm going to the libary tomorrow to get a book called feel the fear by susan jefferys it was recommended by my therapist. And others books not to get so wrapped up in it.
So ill shall let you all know.

March on troops

debera
02-04-09, 00:34
well done nicola. you are doing great

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 00:51
Thankyou Deb

Anxious_gal
02-04-09, 01:10
woke up with bad anxiety this morning so just stayed at home. I feel so motivated right now after reaing this post!

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 02:28
Hi mishel welcome yes I find it helps reading through the thread really does motivate you.
Ill see you in the marching marching with us.

Granny Primark
02-04-09, 09:54
Morning everyone,
My mobile packed in last night so I darent venture out too far today.
Im hoping get a new mobile later on when me hubby gets home or tomorrow.
I dont know if anyone else is the same as me but I get really scared of going out without my mobile.
Its cus 4 years ago when I was a community carer
I had my first pa whilst stuck in traffic and i didnt have a mobile with me so it took almost 2 hours before me hubby could come and get me.
However I fully intend to push the boundries and carry on with this march to free me of anxiety.
Good luck to everyone today:yesyes: :hugs:

debera
02-04-09, 13:07
thanks lynn. im up and ready to start my day also. let you all know later on how things went today. im marching on

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 13:09
Hey fello trooper, yeah when you have a mobile it becomes a comfort as well as a luxury. So I totally understand sometimes when I'm out with someone and they go to the loo or to the shop I'm playing with my mobile, if I haven't got it I figit and try to find something to read or look at like when ur in a gp surgery.
I've been to doctors today to be referred for cbt treatment I though now I'm on my way and on a positive high YES I CAN DO THIS let's get the treatment in as well. I gotta go down the libary really can't be bothered now, I'm lying I'm nervous cause ill have to drive there go in and then get home. Bur people ill give it a go if I keep on making excuses ill never do anything so feel the fear and do it anyway I suppose, wish me luck.

debera
02-04-09, 13:49
good luck nicola

Granny Primark
02-04-09, 17:19
Best of luck nic:yesyes:

Anna C
02-04-09, 18:15
Hi,

I hope you went to the library Nicola and that you were okay.:yesyes:
I have read that book Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway, it was recommended by my CBT therapist.

Today in work I went to the canteen and bought a hot meal and sat in the canteen to eat it. I have never been to the canteen at lunch time before! It was really busy and there were people everywhere which was scary.

I was meeting a friend there and she was late, I was thinking what if she has forgotten about me! It was too late as I had already paid for my lunch, so I sat near the back on my own. I started to feel hot, started to think of all the what ifs and I could feel myself starting to panic, but I stayed there although I wanted to leave, then my friend arrived and I was okay! I had a few anxious moments, mostly feeling too hot but I did it and it felt good!

Well done to everyone, I hope everyone has had a good day.

Anna x

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 18:45
Hi Ann I did drive down I was getting fish shop food, and was going to go in but it was shut but I made it there anyway and got my food.
How did you find the book?

Anna C
02-04-09, 19:03
Hi Nicola,

Some of the book I found really good. I said to my therapist 'but its not really a book about anxiety, its like a proper self help book' she said but thats what anxiety is - fear. Which I knew but its a book anyone would read not just people who suffer from anxiety/panic.

One part which I liked was when she said someone who had agoraphobia went to one of her classes, her husband drove her there and waited for her. She said she used to ask everyone in the class to tell the class about themselves. When it was the turn of the woman who has agoraphobia, she said she could see the fear and panic on her face, as she was scared that she would panic. So she told her to panic and to show them all what a panic attack was like. When she tried to panic she couldn't and she ended up laughing! It does work its how I stopped panicking on the bus, if you try to make yourself panic you can't!
Also she says about writing down positive things, even small things like a sunny day, someone smiling at you, or saying hello, a nice meal etc
Its definitely worth reading I hope you enjoy it.:D

Anna

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 19:22
Thanks anna I will if its not open tomorrow ill get it monday.

debera
02-04-09, 20:11
well troops had alot of anxiety this morning while out for a walk but i didnt let it get me i just kept on going. didnt do alot today just house work and trying to have a relaxing day. all in all though it hasnt been a bad day because i keep on marching. im not letting anxiety trick me anymore. how was your day troops?
debera
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

debera
02-04-09, 20:13
well done anna

lulumango
02-04-09, 20:45
Hi,

I am so up for a proper fight with panic! I have been feeling like that for a bit now. Going to tackle it head on this weekend as I am going to an expensive hotel with a friend for a few days AND I fully intend to brave the restaurant and not have to run out halfway through ordering. Small things I know but these are things I have dreaded for years.

I have come to the conclusion that I should do some adrenaline pumping stuff on purpose. Not just the things I dread (that people unlike most of us would take in their stride) but things that are potentially frightening to other people too. Figure if I can survive jumping out of a plane or scuba diving in the dark a little trip to the hairdresser should be put into perspective.

I am pulling on my marching boots right now.

lulu

Nicola_lou
02-04-09, 21:07
Welcome lulu. Not a bad day for me either. Was bad also anxiety this morning didn't have much sleep last night so it brings my anxiety worse anyway.
So I had a little kip this afternoon only half hour felt right as rain since. Marching on I'm going to push myself tomorrow to the limit.
Keep marching

lulumango
02-04-09, 21:23
Thank you for your 'can do' attitude. Ordering me up a copy of the book Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway.

lulu

Granny Primark
03-04-09, 07:53
Well done troopers!:yesyes:
Its so inspiring to read your posts.
My daughters not working today so im off to the 02 shop to buy a new mobile.
Then tomorrow I want to see if I can take my grandaughter to a park which is normally out of my safety area.
Hope everyone has a good day.:hugs:

mick_uk
03-04-09, 09:02
Have a good day all :yesyes:

lulumango
03-04-09, 09:11
Yes, have a great day all.

Had another look back through this thread and I and loving Bill's 'act of fighting without fighting' technique.

xlulu

debera
03-04-09, 13:16
i hope everyone has a great day today. march on fellow troops

goingmadder
03-04-09, 14:40
Awesome! I live a good fight!

Nic great idea!

My boyfriend sent me a text saying,

We should always let heppiness in cos unhappines tends to be rude and invite itself..

Two fingers up at the anxiety. lets keep marching!!

Hows everyone today?

x

Nicola_lou
03-04-09, 15:22
Hi Troops what a lovely day it is here. I'm looking after my baby neice for a bit then I'm off out. I feel ready to do anything today. I went on amazon and ordered feel the fear for £4 and paul mckenner confidence with a disc for £5 and a book by Claire Weekes manage your nevers I think. So they should be delivered nx week so I'm going to be a book worm,haha. I think I'm going to learn a different language or even to a part time course I feel like learning something new.
So hope you all have a nice day, I read the thread and I love the text off your boyfriend so right isn't it.

Keep marching troops

mick_uk
03-04-09, 19:53
I've just made plans to try and reform a band I was in before I lost the plot. At the moment it's going to be hard work but I'm going to march on.
Keep going all
Take care

mick

Oceanblue
03-04-09, 20:08
I've only just roughly scanned through this thread and what a turn around :D , this is brill and just what this Site needs some positivity, especially from those who are going through it at this moment in time and taking the time to share their battles in a positive way.

Stay strong,..keep supporting eachother and keep it up ! The only way to go.

Really nice to see. :flowers:

Nicola_lou
03-04-09, 20:56
What a great idea mike you said you always on the guitar. Want a manager cause if I carry on like this ill need a new job my to demanding.hehe. if you tour wales ill come watch you sweet deal, my friends in a band the blackout don no if you heard of em.
anyway I can go on for hours. I've been out got paint for my canvas and I need to paint the walls to so I'm busy tomorrow, been tescos odd and sods I'm good at spending. My mind was going 100 mph from being out still is crazy in it. I'm thinking of 100 things at once u can probably tell I can't work out if I'm really intelligent or going nuts, I think ill stick with the brains if that's ok
Anyone else gor any news, and some help to chill my brain out

debera
04-04-09, 00:26
way to go mick. well today started out with anxiety but just marched on. went to do the laundry today and both the washer andry conked out on me, so i took a trip to a lare department store in a huge mall. and bougth a new washer and dryer. this was very hard for me because i get panicy in large malls. i was just fine no anxiety at all. so it turned out top be a great day after all. well good night troops will be marching with you all tomorrow

Nicola_lou
04-04-09, 00:49
Hey well done Deb. I'm still out down my friend few panicky stages but I get up and do domething.
Anyway troops ill see ya all tomorrow ill have my working clothes on to do some painting. Wish you all lived closer you could help me. Haha

Nicola_lou
04-04-09, 05:14
Hey guys. I've been down my friends till now what a fun night, and I was watching them they just had mad and confused as me. Forgetting things and jst laughing about it and brush it off I have always been like this but now I got these silly panicky sensations I freek out about everthing. Like I was up a big d.I.y store today and felt panicky and in the car to why, who knows. But I do no that I'm not lying around feeling sorry for myself anymore. And if I do seem to be mad or lost the plot who cares that's me except it cause I have.
I had really bad sharp pains in my chest tonight I sat up and told myself anxiety and carried on talking and they just stopped, I couldn't believe it I thought cheeky git trying it on again.
I going to be late writing tomorrow cause its 5am and now I'm going to sleep but I just had to write this.
but march on and ill read the thread when I rise.

vickykelly
04-04-09, 08:32
Im there with you hun, however sometimes its hard to think positive when your brain is telling you different, am trying to get out the door this morning such a easy task to everyone else, but I may as well be trying to get on the moon... deep breaths and positive thoughts before we all drown in this sea of nothing... we will win we have each other.... thank god for this website it has shown me im not alone, even though when I see everyone going about there business and im fighting to just stay calm....good luck everyone keep smiling

debera
04-04-09, 13:33
good morning troops. im already to start my day. will be back later to give you an update on my day. i hope you all have a good day
debera

nikita
04-04-09, 14:48
Great post! Im marching with you too!

Nicola_lou
04-04-09, 20:00
Hey guys I haven't had time to post been painting. Betting on grand national and won not loads but chuffed. Then I've been getting ready to go out bowling. So wish me luck feeling bit anxious now cause going out.
But I'm marching on whether I like it or not. See you later troops

debera
04-04-09, 22:39
good luck nicola.
took the dog for a walk out of my comfort zone today was a little bit panicy but was fine. i hope everyone had a good day today. so good night troops. tomorrow is another day to try and win the war against anxiety. march on

Anna C
04-04-09, 22:41
Hi Nicola,

Good luck for tonight!:yesyes: I hope you enjoy yourself and have a good time bowling. Anna x

Anna C
04-04-09, 22:52
Well done Debera!

I'm glad you have had a great day today, its hard to push yourself and to go out of your comfort zone, but it feels really good after you have done it! Also well done for going to get your washer and dryer.
I hope everyone has had a good anxiety/panic free day.:) Anna x

bishops
04-04-09, 22:53
I CANT BELIVE WHAT IVE DONE TODAY. I had such a bad week last night i had PA shopping my legs went terrible, but tonight i got in my car drove 20miles aand went to a big ice hockey game. Yes i had a few shakes BUT I LOVED IT i enjoyed it and im glad after a bad week i still managed to do something i love. NO DOUBT I WILL HAVE MORE SETBACKS perhaps tommorow i might freeze again but at least i won a battle today if not the war. The only prob is the season is over and apart from work it been the motorvation to get me out each weekend , so now im just going to keep geting out even if just a drive out

Nicola_lou
05-04-09, 00:04
Hey Bishops WELL DONE. I've had good day to guys hardly no anxiety. I'm just getting home. So see you tomorrow troops.

debera
05-04-09, 00:33
thank you anna
i hope your day went well also
debera

debera
05-04-09, 00:34
well done nicola

Anxious_gal
05-04-09, 17:53
"
It is how we react to the problem that makes a tremendous difference. "

emile
05-04-09, 20:41
I needed this wake up call. I was thinking of doing the same thing and guess what I READ YOUR COMMENTS.

I am starting the war this very moment. Keep me posted
Emil

Nicola_lou
05-04-09, 23:42
I've just sat down been painting all day. I was fine all day yesterday then had the pains in my chest so couldn't sleep till early this morning. I always get worse in the night now I sat down I feel it coming on me again. So ill see you tomorrow.
Keep marching

debera
06-04-09, 00:28
hi troops. had kind of a bad anxiety day today but took the dog out three times today and put up new curtains. but i going to keep on fighting. have a good night all. im marching on again tomorrow
debera

Nicola_lou
06-04-09, 02:39
Hey guys just a quick one, jst want some advise, I'm breathing really heavy I thought its anxiety and my boyfriend said I breath like that when I'm sleeping really heavy and loud sometimes I can smell burning and taste it this that makes sense like its me burning no one else smell it. And its a effort to breath sometimes, this may sound silly but its like the roof of my mouth rises and like something blocks my airway so I fight for air then with a few minutes it passes, do you think that I should see the doctor I just want some advise before I see mr dr again who knows my name without checking I've seen him so much.
Probably anxiety but I don get panick by it I do when it gets bad then I come around. What you think Troops?

Annabelle
06-04-09, 12:30
oo can i join the march too? Only can we not go to far? (:laugh:)

ahh agoraphobic humour - got to have it or you'd really go mad!

seriously though - good on you for tackling it head on - im usually pretty good except today i seem to be having a bit of a fight - ah well

xxx

Nicola_lou
06-04-09, 17:24
Yes annabella come march with us.
I've been up all night feeling ill. And slept all day so I gotta get out of this routine

Anxious_gal
06-04-09, 22:28
aw nic sorry to hear your not feeling well!
ok so positive thinking!
everyone I know is going on holidays so I felt left out!
then I started listening to Louise hay again!
then my friend says she wants to take me to Paris!
now I believe the universe is telling me to go to Paris!
so I'm thinking it's a great opportunity and I should go!
so try to start noticing all the good in life! if you start to trust you'll see how many good opportunities they are out there waiting for you.
just trust yourself and belive in yourself!

debera
07-04-09, 01:16
hope you feel better soon nicola
debera
x x x

goingmadder
07-04-09, 09:54
Hey everyone,

Nic Paris sounds like a great idea... Just GO FOR IT! Lifes to short not to.

I've actually been really well for about 5-6 days... Last night some issues came up between me and my man but for a change as much as I wanted to go off on one and let the negative thoughts take over, i managed "for the most part" to stay calm. and not only that, but i also managed to listen to him and accept his point of view which has never been an easy thing for me.. I have a black and white attitude to myself and how I expect myself to be. I can be open minded with other people but too rigid with myself. Listening to him for the first time in my life I was actually accepting that he has a different out look and every right to do so.

I felt a little down simply because i didn't like the fact we were arguing but I am impressed that we didn't blow up at eachother and I manged to say the words "you're right baby" usually i let my pride and fear and anxiety get the better of me by maintaining the rigid my way or the high way attitude, but thats gotten me nowhere fast for 12 years ..

FIghting the anxiety and winning so far!

Keep up the good work everyone.. we should all be proud of ourselves

x

eeyore
07-04-09, 10:09
im in.:yesyes: xxx

Nicola_lou
07-04-09, 11:15
Morning troops. Bad anxiety day for me I woke up in a panic attack the worst, I kept waking up gasping for air, then I finally woke up this morning and bam in one before I opened my eyes. I've had a long soak in the tub now I'm bk in bed I'm so out of breath and feel like I'm having a heart attack., I started reading claire weekes self heko for your nerves and I though is this going to help reading about it when having one I need to distract myself. I feel to weak to carry on with my painting I start the living room today.
So I'm on here posting to u lovely people, how can you feel good for few days forget you were even bard then it hits u again, last panic attack I had was a week today wats up with tuesdays? Em........
I may be wounded but I'm marching on

CrystalStar
07-04-09, 20:40
Count me in too! (Sorry I missed the start of your march. Too busy dealing with my own stupid thoughts. Sure I can catch up with you all though.)

Hi to everyone and good luck with where we're all heading. Here's to more good days than bad.

debera
08-04-09, 00:20
hi troops how has everyones day been? i have had a pretty good day today. but i seem to have alot more anxiety than last week. i guess we have to take the good days with the bad. nicola you are so right. with anxiety you can feel so great one week and then down the next. but we will all keep on fighting.:hugs: march on troops

Nicola_lou
08-04-09, 23:24
hey guys ive been not 2 bad as soon as i got up im painting. ive done kitchen and living roons glossed the stairs now onto the landing tomorrow then cleaning up and putting everuthing bk. so im keeping really busy. yes deb im just the same this week to so hopefully next week we be good again.
everyone else ok.

Nechtan
08-04-09, 23:53
Great thread. Good to see something really positive with so many people participating.

I'll get my tin hat on and get in line.

Positivity breeds positivity and that is illustrated nowhere better than in this thread. :yesyes:

Nechtan

debera
09-04-09, 00:51
hi troops
my day went pretty well. started feeling really panicy this morning as soon as i got up. but just marched on. took thedog out for a walk. then had to be home as my washer and dryer going to be deliverd this afternoon. but after they came i took the dog out for a walk again. so all in all it was a pretty good day. glad you are feeling better today nicola. anyway goodnight all i will be up and marching wit h you tomorrow

Nicola_lou
09-04-09, 15:19
hey guy im going into work for meeting im so nervous, im in the car now my boyfriends deiving me. im hyperventerlating so bad, slow breathing i know. but wish me luck

Anna C
09-04-09, 19:03
Hi,

Good luck Nicola, I hope your meeting was fine and I hope you're feeling better now.

Well done Debera for carrying on with your day when you felt panicky, its good that you then felt better and enjoyed your day.:yesyes:

I went to the dentist tonight, I hate the dentist! My stomach was churning and I felt sick and tense. Although I suppose no one likes going to the dentist do they? Anyway it was fine! :)

Well done to everyone, I hope everyone has a good day.

Anna :hugs:

Nicola_lou
09-04-09, 21:38
hey guys. meeting went fine. i then went to tescos shopping my nerves were bad i kept having the thought my throat was closing up cause ive had swollen glands for months now ive had tablets but it seems to be worse its not hurting just swollen up really bad both sides so its really scarying me just a thought that goes with my other thought if it gets bad i think ill do a thread for reasurance. bad anxiety week this week but ive had to go out to get things, its getting worse going out some days so im going to have to go out all day tomorrow even if i get panic.im still marching but feel wounded not for long i cant leave myself fall bk down the hole so im holding on.
hey ann well done

debera
10-04-09, 00:17
thank you anna. glad the meeting went well nicola. ive had times like you nicola when going out was getting worse but just march on hun it does get better. we all have these blips.
well today troops the day went well. took my dog hannah for a walk and then went to visit my mum in law and then out to get some more grocerys for easter. now tonight i feel all lightheaded and panicy. tomorrow is another day and i will be marching right along with you all. have a good evening everyone
debera

debera
10-04-09, 00:21
glad the dentist went well anna. you are braver than i am. i still have to muster up the courage to make an appointment to get my teeth looked at. i hope in time i have the nerve to do it.
debera

Nicola_lou
10-04-09, 01:05
thanks deb i sure hope so. my b friends looking at me like ive lost it, i said today look at my throat im concerned its swelling to much and my answer was ur heads gone, and he didnt look. i enyt got the energy anymore i just not got the strength to argue but it affects me. tomorrow im spending the day over my mams i need a break out of my house

lulumango
10-04-09, 14:00
Hi nic,
sorry to hear you are unwell.

I had the beginings of an anx attack yesterday. felt fine for a few hours at work then sight went blury and got lightheaded again. sat it out for as long as poss as I am really busy at work and I really enjoy it then noticed what I was doing - avoiding the attack AGAIN! after all my hard work over last weekend. Went to a hotel with a friend for a few days and told them I was probably going to have a full bolwn attack as I intended to invite it in at the least symptom. Weekend went really well!!!!!!!! Got a bit dizzy at checkout but that is about it.

I tell anyone who will sit still long enough all about anx so I just got up and sat in my car for 20mins willing the bad thoughts into my head, willing a huge panic attack to take me over. It didn't. Went back to work with car keys in hand so if I felt it clawing its way back i could face it on my own turf.

I know it's not a perfect solution but I did feel my usual bouncy self again within an hour.

Sick of being afraid. I'm beting you feel the same way too. I have no idea why I can go free of symptions for days sometimes weeks then they show themselves again.

I only know that facing up to a bully, looking them square in the face and saying 'give me the best you have got' is a tactic I will be using from now on. Panic attacks have been bullying me into becoming a quite mouse, hardly there and never having fun.

NO MORE!

Really hope you feel better soon and your throat sorts itself out.

Good luck with the painting.

lulu - no longer cannon fodder

lorac
10-04-09, 14:19
Well done all of you it's so good to read all your progress.

I have been marching with you and managed three hospital visits this week and have to say the anxiety wasn't as bad as it used to be.

Keep marching all you great people it will be worth it in the end.

Carol x

Nicola_lou
10-04-09, 17:01
Hey guys, lulu ur so right I was so bad yesterday I lay in bed I could see my top move with my heart beating, then my leg went numb and then spasm in my throat t didn't react. Them they all came bk at once and I didn't react, I even woke up in one again but didn't react ur so right.
I feel much better today but my dog rocco isn't well got runs so I'm looking after him and doing wat the vet said. Have good day troops.
And 3 hospital trips carol hey well done glad your doing ok

Annguitar
10-04-09, 20:54
Yeah, I'm marching too, I'm fed up worrying about this and that and having no freedom....

debera
11-04-09, 00:50
well done everyone. had a real good day today.took my dog for a walk out of my comfort zone again didnt feel any anxiety. then went out for lunch with hubby. came home and did loads of laundry. now out again tonight to visit friends. good night troop. we will all march on tomorrow

tracy1972
11-04-09, 01:22
may be a bit late but can i march wih you please need to beat this to

debera
11-04-09, 01:57
hi tracy
your more than welcome to join us

MissiD
11-04-09, 10:41
Hi all
This is a great, positive thread. What a fab idea!
I'd like to join you on the march today as I'm feeling a little apprehensive about going out.... I'm fed up of letting how I feel dictate what I can & can't do!
Good luck all & see you there, lol :hugs:
Mel x

Anna C
11-04-09, 17:59
Hi,

Nicola I hope you are feeling okay today and I hope your dog is better now too.

Debera I know going to the dentist is horrible, I've had a lot of trouble with my teeth just because I was scared to go. Now before I go anywhere I say to myself 'I have done this before and nothing bad happened to me so I can do it again and I will cope'! Well done, I'm glad you had a lovely day and I hope you enjoy your night out.:yesyes:

Carol well done for keeping your hospital appointments and thank you for the encouragement.

I went to town today as part of my CBT 'homework', it was so busy and horrible and scary, there were people everywhere! Anyway I went to a few places today, although I was anxious and scared I didn't have a panic attack. So today has been a good day.:)

Welcome to all the people who have joined the march, Good Luck!

I hope everyone has a good day. Anna x

Anxious_gal
11-04-09, 19:02
wow everyones doing so well!

Insomniac
11-04-09, 22:12
I like this idea.

Thats just how I feel when I think about the PA. I win the battle when I don't let it stop me, or dont let it take over completely.

Positive thinking I find hard to be honest. Though in the past I have kept a notebook where I write at least 3 positive things each day. I recognise achievements for what they are even if its as simple as walking to the shop (I suffer from depression too and find it also restrictive as well as PAs).

Writing and giving credibility to my achievements raises my self-esteem and confidence, making me feel more positive.

Thanks for this thread and reminding me of my Positive Things Book. Feel free to try it..... it works.

keep on marching!!
:yesyes:

Gryphoenix
12-04-09, 04:14
I have the problem with positive thinking too. I had a really great day when it comes to defeating panic, yet all I can concentrate on is how bad I felt and what else does it have in store for me?

I have decided to quit avoiding stuff and battle it, but it's soooo so so hard. I feel like everything I have to do, I feel panic trying to nip at my heels. I did really well today too, I power-walked to the mall and even in the midst of horrific thoughts and pre-panics and my heart doing the olympics (if there was ever a heart-rate event, I'd get the gold), I still pushed through and walked it off.

But why when I get these victories, all I can think about is "OH NOES what will happen next!?!?"

It's been so hard lately, and I know that battling these panics like this has actually been good for me cause I'm dealing with a long rooted-fear and it's slowly starting to get out of me, and I'm obviously still here, but I can't seem to get out of this negative spiral. I think I'm thinking it's inevitable for me to panic, cause I went off so many times in the last couple of days, when that's not true. I mean, maybe it's a good thing I'm dealing with this fear, but I'm just so fed up with it. I want a panic-free day! I want to feel my heart beat fast without freaking out. I want to be able to exercise and not panic at the hot flushes, tingling and fatigue.

I know I can do it. I've been pushing my limits and I'm still here. I can do it, I have to. No matter how bad it feels. I have to.

Insomniac
12-04-09, 09:30
I know what you mean about exercise. You get so used to increased heartrate, sweating etc being related to panic its hard to recognise the usual signs of physical exertion!

Each time I win a battle against panic I do say to myself "that's another one to me! so there panic!", or to my husband (who's used to that now and agrees with me).

Hold on there, we'll beat this thing!:shades:

lulumango
12-04-09, 18:55
A Huge well done to everyone!

Gryphoenix- keep going! This fight is frightening I know but your post really raised my spirits!

Nicola - so pleased you squared up to your fear! I am scared stiff of what this new way of looking at fear is going to do to me but what I am really frightened of is not ever being able to do all the things I took in my stride. So stuff it.

I have you guys to back me up and I have your corner too.

Whenever i am feeling a little unsure or doubt enters into my mind i take a long look at this thread. This reminds me not to take my eye off the prize. A happy and full life. No I may not ever be free for these intrusive feelings but I am not alone. We are not alone.

That fact makes me feel stonger.

So bring on my next panic attack. It had better be a good one!

lulu, currently feeling very brave.

Nicola_lou
12-04-09, 18:58
Hello there troops, this as gotta be my worst week ever, I've envited anxiety in and not react and its got worse with loads more symtoms, I feel awful I've got an infection in my throat and u know what I'm like with breathing well I totally freeked out, my throat is swollen and my airway is tiny so I went to casualty friday I got so worked up, totally the wrong thing to do. So yesterday and today just really bad anxiety when I feel like this I just wish I could sleep until it passes but I gotta face it no choice.
I'm doing my postive thinking finding it harder then normal but I'm marching troops I'm going bk to dr nx week, I think I'm going to take some pills i had 4 panic attacts yesterday. I've been on citroplam, sertraline and beta blockers all side effects really bad, as anyone been succesful with any with not many side effects, I just need to stop these panics so I can dight on.

lulumango
12-04-09, 20:09
hello again,

nicola, I am so sorry to hear that you have had a rotten week!

Week before last I tried my first beta blocker. My normal Dr did not want to give me them as I had asthma as a child and they can bring back the symptoms.

It was a very small dose, 10mg, and no sign of the asthma but it spaced me out big time! Freaked out a bit. I think that was the turning point for me. The cure (for me) felt as bad as the anx and panic.

Needless to day I will not be trying them again in a hurry.

Going back to see the same Dr on Wednesday. She suggested citi... can't remember the name now but I have decided not to accept them.

The thing to remember is that you are soooo strong. Your posts have been a huge help to me over the last couple of weeks. Keep going.

I am making a list of the stuff I am going to do in the next few months. It will be a list of all the stuff I have wanted to do but told myself I could not because I was too weak. All the stuff that this bully has taken away from me.

So if any of you see a bright red woman clinging onto a cinema seat chanting 'give it your best shot' chances are it is me. Please be kind!

lulu

lulumango
12-04-09, 20:19
ps. just had another look through this thread and think i may print out Bill's posts. That man really knows what he is talking about!

I will keep them with me so sorry if i have to put a light on in the cinema! I have not been since Superman Returns!

debera
12-04-09, 20:21
hi nicola
im sorry you had such a bad week with anxiety. it will get better hun just keep marching on. i have tried citolapram but the side effects were so bad that i stopped them. but that doesnt mean everyone has problems with them. but so happy you are marching on.
anyway troops hope you all had a great day. i made turkey for easter and my sister and her hubby came. it was a nice day but a little bit of anxiety but got through it. anyway troop lets all march on tomorrow is another day

Gryphoenix
13-04-09, 03:37
You all are so strong to be doing this! It's so hard for me even right now...I can only imagine what everyone else is going through.

Just had a bit of a hard ectopic and am trying to ignore the panic and racing heart. It's so hard, it really is, I'm so used to being frightened of this. It's so easy just to give in. But I'm trying, I'm trying so very much to ignore the racing heart and ectopics. My heart has calmed down some already. Why can't I focus on the positives? Argh! I wish my inner self was more easily convinced. I know logically I'm alright, but my instincts do not want to believe no matter how much I wrestle with them.

Writing this post has made me feel a bit better. Keep on truckin', everyone! If one of us can do it, all of us can. Even if it's scary.

Insomniac
13-04-09, 10:16
Hi there.

Today I'm feeling more positive (I think lol). Yesterday I went to friends house for easter egg hunt for dd aged 10, and then lunch, also 3 other guests I didn't know but went anyway which is an achievement! Also managed to visit my sisters without getting too stressed (long story) and get back home for cuppa then back again to friends house. Busy tiring day, but lots achieved!!

Sorry to hear u having tough time Gryphoenix, hang in there honey, we're all marching with you.

I'm taking 20mg seroxat/paroxetine. It works for me. I was not keen when doc suggested because of difficulty coming off, but tbh I was having such a rubbish time I needed help. So between them and my counselling sessions I feel more able. I do keep a spray of Rescue Remedy in my bag (or pocket if I feel really edgy) and it definitely takes the edge off for me, which helps me avoid the spiral of "is it the panic, oh no it is, starting to feel worse" etc whcih starts oh so easily. Thank goodness for rescue remedy!!

Hope you're having a better day honey. Think of those achievements even if getting out of bed is one (as it can be for me) its still an achievement! :hugs:

Nicola_lou
14-04-09, 19:00
Hi guys I've pulled myself out of the ditch I've been a few times to hospital to visit my boyfriends nan who's not to well that was hard, I've been evaluating my life and I think I know what the source of stress as been its been creeping up over the year, but dealing with it will be really hard cause I've made this life for myself and took on way to much, doing everything myself from career to housework to bills and my relationship so I'm going to have to really think through what to do, cause they say not to make big decisions when ur like this but I'm in a real dilema.
If you thought you knew what the issue is cause you've been thinking back and remember the strain you was feeling and why. would you go ahead and try to change it, but it was disrupe your life as u now no it, and when u change it might not have been the reason.
I just stuck in thought I need to be 100% everytime I think about it I cry.
I am depressed at the moment just no motivation and feeling down, what would you do?

Insomniac
15-04-09, 09:21
Marching still..

Feeling dizzy a lot of the time..... not sure if its anxiety (goodness knows I am anxious about money etc), or something else.

Also feeling fast heartbeat, listening to great relaxation cd by Glenn Harrold that my friend gave me which helps me relax to sleep.

But despite dizzinnes, palpitations, fast heart rate and all that - I am NOT going to let this beat me! We're going out today rain or no rain lol. My dd had friend over for the day and my Mum is coming too. Off to a (damp) Easter trail at local National Trust place.

Marching, and not giving in....We Will Beat This Thing!:hugs:

tamo
15-04-09, 09:31
Nicola Lou ,

This way of thinking is what will set you free .
You are 100% correct . What we think about often and give our focus to will become our reality .
your post resonates deeply with me and I am so pleased for you that you now see things this way .
It takes time to re-train our thinking but that is what we must do .
When we do this we will be free from all that negative emotional turmoil.

Well done Nicola Lou.

Nicola_lou
16-04-09, 03:37
Hey guys how you all doing? I haven't been to bad today it was my b day and I went out for a meal with my family, I went anxious and my mother noticed and pushed me on whiched helped. She also notice I'm depressed can't hide it anymore its showing, cause I'm always tired and no motivation. The last week I've been marching as fast as I can to get over the bad patch. I'm not putting up with anything anymore I've realised we need to look after number one. I've been treated like a mother to my b friend I always had to do everything clean cook pay the bills practically taking his card off him to get some money, no more I've cracked like we all have with this anxiety, I've decided to step bk and be look after for a change and if he can't manage to work or pay the bills like I've been doing and he had a free ride. Then he coming down with a bang.
I know why I'm like this now and I'm going to put a full stop to stress anything I come accross now ill handly or ask for help.
sorry to bore u guys had to get it off my chest.... so march on troops I'm right with you, once we get through this its going to feel like heaven, and ill never put myself in the sa,e situation again so I've learned from it.

debera
16-04-09, 12:49
happy belated birthday nicola. im still marching along with you all. havent been on for a few day. anxiety has been back. but im still going to fight this thing. im up and ready to march on. i will let you know tonight how things went today
debera

debera
16-04-09, 12:51
well done nicola take care of yourself first.

CrystalStar
16-04-09, 16:03
Well done Nicola_lou,

Sometimes we don't realise we're being treated like doormats but once you do figure it out, it's so much easier to move on. It might be hard cos it means changing the way things have been done for ages but it can be done.

This is something I'm just starting to go through myself. I realised that I've been put upon (and been stupid enough to let it happen) but now it's time to stand up and be treated as an equal.

Marching with you every step of the way!!

Maybe_Baby
16-04-09, 17:36
Im coming :-) ..
This is a great idea!!

xx

Nicola_lou
16-04-09, 18:36
Hi guyd thanks for replys. I'm feeling ok today little anxiety, I'm over my mams now for dinner, went food shopping with her, few light headed moments but ok.
How everone doing?

Nicola_lou
17-04-09, 03:21
I'm reading Claire weeks. What we need to do is write down these postive words some examples. I am a strong and worthy person. I stand tall and take responsibilty for my life.I am powerful and I am loving. I am powerful and love it. Say which every one suits you that da day 10 times in the mirror or just outloud write it everywhere frige bathroom car purse and whenever somwthing negative comes in your mind repeat that sentence to yourself. I'm going to give it a go, so keep you all updated.

Deb sorry your not feeling to good be stronge cause you been great for weeks it will pass like you told me, and your right it does pass.

debera
18-04-09, 02:30
hi nicola
so glad your feeling better. well troops it was a better day. didnt really have much anxiety at all. abit of light headedness but it did pass very quickly. took the dog out twice today and did a bit of food shopping and did loads of housework. hope you all had a good day today. i will be marching along with you all tomorrow. again well done nicola
debera

castlesinthesky
18-04-09, 05:02
Hey guys, wait for me ,i'm coming along as it will take some time im from the other side of the pond.lol

Nicola_lou
18-04-09, 05:22
Its only a bit of water you want take to long to get to us.

Thanks deb. I've not been to bad today thank god, still can't sleep though. But ill see you all tomorrow troops

debera
18-04-09, 12:58
hi troops im up and ready to start my day. i will report back later

Nicola_lou
18-04-09, 20:01
I troops not a bad day so far, but I didn't get up till late today. Been visiting down the hospital and I didn't feel panicky at all I've been repeated I'm a strong a worthy person don it 10 times in mirror again today and I think I am noticing a difference..

debera
19-04-09, 01:48
well done nicola you are doing great. today was a good day for me took the dog out for a walk this morning.then went out this after noon to a big shopping mall was a bit panicy and light headed but that didnt last long and i enjoyed shopping. after tea took the dog out again. anyway troops have a good night. i will be up and marching with you all tomorrow
debera

madelaine
19-04-09, 01:55
had pa the day jist a blip am marching wi u rite up the front f--k anxiety still cumin off ma anti-deps xxx

Nicola_lou
19-04-09, 02:43
Madaline I love ur attitude just a blip. We marching strong but don't forget to take notice of the view as we are passing cause we are only going forward troops.
Thanks deb for the incouragment you are a real good en. I wish I was loaded id come visit you all, you all seem like my friends now. But till I have a wind fall we will keep marching.
Night troops

Nicola_lou
20-04-09, 01:01
Not a bad day today guys been out for few hours. However tomorrow meeting in work in morning and I've planned to go shopping with my sis to spend my b day money on some clothes. So ill see you tomorrow troops. Nt

Nicola_lou
20-04-09, 23:43
Hi everyone I've had a good day, been out shopping, been out for lunch visted everyone what a good day and no anxiety.

debera
21-04-09, 00:52
well done nicola. you are doing very well:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
today was a good day for me also. no anxiety at all. went out shopping for a bit. didnt get a chance to take the dog out as it has been raining all day. but did manage to get allot of houswork done. now i am just relaxing on the comp. good night troops i will report in tomorrow and let you all know how my day went. oh yes forgot managed to go to my therapist appointment today also
debera :hugs:

Ireni
22-04-09, 03:47
I'm in!

I like the idea of an anti-anxiety army. If all of that fight-or-flight anxious energy could be directed onto something else, then I'm sure we could all be very successful in whatever we want to do.

Nicola_lou
22-04-09, 15:25
Hey troops. I've been great I'm been reading claire weeks I've been saying every day I AM A STRONG AND WORTHY PERSON, and I've been feeling fab, I've been out all week shopping visiting and going to the pub for lunch. I've been driving myself around all on my own I've cracked it, I'm hoping to go back to work next week.
Try it I found it had worked fab for me and I recommend you read the book I had it for 3 pound cause it was second hand its just like brand new.
Have a good day everyone.

lulumango
25-04-09, 10:23
yes, Weeks has helped me this week too. I have been listening to the free downloads I learnt about on this website and she talks a lot of sense. So much so that I sat through a 45min meeting with 100 people I work with and I was actually bored by the end!!!! Imagine! this is a first for me. I totally did not want to go and just sat there waiting for the panic to spread over me but it didn't. which is good because I had a pretty bad weekend last weekend.

Also I have been swimming every morning before work this week, then eating a huge bowl of porridge once I get to work so this must have helped too. One of my triggers is feeling hungry but once the panic sets in I obviously don't want to eat. I have not been feeling hungry at all in the mornings and it is such a welcome change.

cinema visit still evades me. This is what i am working towards.

Nicola - so pleased you are feeling better.

fighting along with the rest of you,
lulu

jue67
25-04-09, 13:02
can i just say that although i havnt contribute to this thread i have been reading it, and when the cold panic came over me yesterday, i thought of you all, and march along!! and i did, honestly it gave me such a good feeling! so thank you all.

jools

Nicola_lou
26-04-09, 00:26
Hey lulu yeah I'm loving claire weeks it so simply and straightforward to read, the postive talking to yourself to retrain our thinking I found it has worked well when I put it into action. Its been such a lovely week the sun been shining and that's bring my mood up as well you don't mind getting out of bed in the morning.
Welcome jools I've done that two imagine just marching with everyone. I've been great this week can't believe it don't get me wrong I don think I'm cured, I wish. I've had a few panicky moment air hunger, and a feeling like a craving something but don't no what I've had that for a while. But I'm snapping it out when I feel it coming by distraction. And I had a few drinks last night I went out and today I did sleep till late but not bad bad anxiety from it.
So keep marching troops..

Bluebelle
26-04-09, 00:36
Hi Everyone- I am marching with you ! We can all win this war!
Yahoo for Hope!

debera
26-04-09, 01:06
hi troops just letting you know im still marching along with you all. had a pretty good anxiety free day today. will let you all know how i get on tomorrow
debera

Nicola_lou
26-04-09, 18:52
Hey guys, got air hunger again today pretty bad, but I've don dinner had bath and done my make up so I'm popping up my dads for an hour then going over my sisters tonight for girly night. So march on, no rest for the wicked.
Wish me luck driving on my own today

Nicola_lou
27-04-09, 23:48
hey guys, well u all know ive had a good week and the weather has been great but im having some weird symtoms for a while and my dr said to keep an eye on it. so i posted in the symtoms section.
im having a panic day today and air hunger bad to, my boyfriends nan died today so im so anxious cause i dont know what to do. i feel so selfish ive been moaning about myself for weeks and his nan was bard and didnt moan once. it will be the funeral and i should be there for him and i know im just going to have a panic and want to get home and be thinking about myself. sorry about the moan i just feel selfish cause there is nothing physically wrong.