PDA

View Full Version : New Here Could Use Advice

Soccermommy
26-03-09, 05:46
Hi, My name is Amanda and I am 34 years old. I never knew what a panic/anxiety attack was until Jan 2007. I had my son Collin on Jan 1, 2007 he was born early due to eclampsia and low amniotic fluid. I hemmoraged after he was born and my blood pressure was out of this world all during labor.

I finally was okay and then a week later I almost died. My blood pressure was 200/190 something and I was slurring my words. Here I had develped toxemia after the birth of my son which is not very comman. I spent four days in the hospital recovering and on magnesium sulfate. I almost died.

I drove myself nuts when I came home I could not sleep I toook my blood pressure every five minutes. I found out my husband was talking to some woman on the computer so that did not help things either. He has since stopped or at least I hope he has.

I still cannot sleep even after I take 1 mg of adivan. I drive myself to make my blood pressure high and I always feel like I am not all there.

Please help I am losing my mind.

Amanda

aveeava
26-03-09, 06:07
Hello Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about all of that, that is a lot to take in in a short amount of time. I haven't had anything of that nature happen to me but I do have GAD and check my blood pressure constantly and make sure my pulse is good. I also have adivan and I don't use it cause it didnt seem to calm blood pressure but ive only had it once...i have a bottle but i just tend not to use it. I find that a change in my diet has helped greatly and also writing everything down also made a world of difference for me but your case is a lot different than mine. Have you talked to any doctors about it?

your not losing your mind, it just feels that way you might have developed some for of GAD

hope everything is okay

Ashley

kittykat
26-03-09, 08:48
Hi there and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice and support here and also a good chatroom as well, you should be able to get a lot of help here maybe with people who have experienced a similar thing, anxiety terrible but you can get better and learn to control it more, take care xx

Patty
26-03-09, 08:52
Hi Amanda, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a difficult time.

Best wishes :flowers: