PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on the block

rdaneel
26-03-09, 11:01
hi,

too be honest I dont know if I am having panic attacks or not !
I did think I was about to have a heart attack or that I was suffering from some weird lung disorder as I have been having palpatations, shortness of breath and feelings of disassociation for 18 months now and have even taken myself off to the A&E Dept of my local hospital when the symptoms have got really bad.

Anyway, my GP just shook his head and told me that there is nothing wrong with me and to go home. After changing docs i have had an ECG, 24 tracer, MRI, X Rays and cameras down my throat to name but a few tests. Apparently physically I'm fine, so what's going on ?
The doc says my symptoms are my body's way of dealing with stress. Great, still feel like I'm dieing but now I think I'm going mad too:yesyes:

Was really good to find this website so , hello to everyone :)

Tom

pinkpiglet
26-03-09, 16:44
Hiya Tom :welcome: to NMP and so glad you found us!! this really is a great site and everyone here is so nice.

Anxiety can present itself in many ways and it certainly sounds as if you are having a biut of a tough time of it at the minute. Because anxiety is so crafty it leads us to believe that we are physically unwell. If you've had all these tests and your doctor has confirmed that there is nothing physically untoward then you should really try and trust him. You really need to learn more about what stress and anxiety is, how it affects us so that you can start workin towards getting yourself right again. Have you checked out the website behind this forum? if you look to the left hand side of this page you will see a main menu. This holds some good advice and information!!
You have come to the right place xxx

diane07
26-03-09, 16:47
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

mandy44
26-03-09, 17:17
hi i have just found this site today ,great to know i am not alone ,i started with attacks five years ago have had all the tests ,got books on panic attacks and last year they started to go away but boy three weeks ago back they came ,not so scary this time .

PoppyC
26-03-09, 18:18
Hi Tom & Mandy! :welcome:

Welcome to what I think is a really good, friendly, helpful site. It has helped me a lot and I hope it will do you too :)

kittykat
26-03-09, 18:50
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, take care xx