PDA

View Full Version : Throat Tension?

EmmaJane
26-03-09, 13:49
Does anyone find that if you put your thumb and fore finger just under your chin and on top of the voice box, it hurts when you rub it or push it in. Can this all be tension aswell?

The back of my neck and jaw is tense, but thought this was a funny place for tension. Is it all connected.

I dont have a sore throat

Thanks all x

yorkylover
26-03-09, 14:00
I suffer from terrible tension in my neck and jaw,its all connected sweety.We have muscles all round our throat and neck.:hugs:

EmmaJane
26-03-09, 18:56
Do you know how to relieve it. it is literally either side of my larynx

yorkylover
27-03-09, 01:01
Not really.I always have tension in my neck especially at the back.:hugs:

*D*
27-03-09, 20:29
Hello,

I can relate with the tension in neck, jaw, and it is awful. I have tried chripractor, seems to work for a little while, I am going to try massage therpy. I also get tension headaches as well isent this anxiety so much fun!!

alib**99
27-03-09, 21:32
Hello, i'm new here however am not in anyway new to tension\anxiety.

i've suffered with neck, throat and jaw tension since i was 16, i'm 32 now and it can be just as scary as it was all those years ago.
until just recently i thought i'd finally seen the back of it however i was wrong and about 2 weeks ago i started waking up in a panic as if i couldnt breathe and now the jaw and neck tension has come back.
one of the best things i found to ease the tension was a hot water bottle, for about 2 years i never even used a pillow, the hot water bottle was my pillow, without it i think i may have gone crazy.
I will never forget the feeling of being strangled, and now i've got it back:weep: .

can anyone share their experiences with me??
:)