PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks or sleep apnea?

plopski
26-03-09, 13:18
I would like to know if anyone has had the same symptoms as me and if they have had tests to check for Sleep Apnea and of which perhaps came back negative?

Basically, I fall asleep at night already knowing what will happen so already I am stressed. I wake with a jerk and sometimes this happens 10+ times a night, sometimes I am only slightly aware of it. Though, like last night, which was particularly scary, I wake up gasping for air and after several attempts to breathe in I finally manage. This is absolutely terrifying!

Last night my partner woke up and heard me 'choking' but did nothing as I do it so often. I try to breathe in but I just make rasping, choking noises. After 10 seconds, apparently, I breathed in again and instantly got out of bed. Shaking, and very wobbly. I went to the toilet and then got back into bed and fell asleep till morning.

To give you a brief history. I have had panic attacks for 15 years and these night time ones came on at the same time as my day time ones. I have learnt to understand what is happening during the day and most of the time I manage. I've learnt about thinking positive etc and so far my life is improving.

Does anyone have an ideas about the night time problems?