PDA

View Full Version : im new and with a problem

lucyla
26-03-09, 14:14
hi, im lucy and im 21 years old, ive been looking on google about a hard sausage shape lump that i have on the left side of my abdomen, i went to see my nurse and she said it feels like a hernia and i went to see my doctors today and she was pushin it and she said it cant be a hernia cause it would go back in and it wouldnt. although it wasn't hard when she felt it and only small, she told me to go back when it was bigger... it gets bigger but not so its stickin out my skin and i am very skinny so you'd think you'd see it, but you don't, its just a hard lump that goes down and sometimes away... but it comes and goes and has been for about a month now and i'm just worried about it, can anybody help??? like my doctor said she wants to feel it when its big but it happens randomly, i work at asda and lift heavy things and i carried some cooked meat and it was pretty heavy and thats when it felt like i'd pulled something, but i don't think it would last this long??? i can feel it when i lay down, sometimes it feels like theres two or three so i was thinking it might be my intestines but are they that hard? it feels like i have to poop aswell when i push down on them or it just hurts slightly, but its not terrible pain. sorry, im trying to give as much info as possible, i read on google it could be colon cancer?? please help, my doctor wasn't that much use, she said just come back when it is bigger?

Qetta
26-03-09, 14:24
You should go back to your doctor and insist that she refers you to someone who can discover what this lump is, that is your right!

diane07
26-03-09, 14:26
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

I would have thought if it was anything bad the doc would have had some tests done, doc certainly wouldn't say wait till it gets bigger if she thought it was bad hun.

hope this helps

di xx

lucyla
26-03-09, 14:27
thanks, i was thinking going to see the gp at the hospital. it doesn't cause me a lot of pain, it just feels like cramps.. i do take the contraceptive pill. i thought it might be something to do with my ovary. my nurse took my blood and said it was fine and checked my blood pressure too. i think i make myself worse by worrying about it ha.

lucyla
26-03-09, 14:29
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

I would have thought if it was anything bad the doc would have had some tests done, doc certainly wouldn't say wait till it gets bigger if she thought it was bad hun.

hope this helps

di xx

yeah, thats what i thought but i worry alot lol. she said she can't see it being anything, but she'd like to see it bigger and liked to see it gone.. i just hope it does go because all these small things worry me ;[

kittykat
26-03-09, 18:51
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, take care xx

Noa
26-03-09, 21:23
Hi Lucyla. If it is concerning you that much then I would go back to doctors or even to the hospital, ask to see different doctor to last time if you wasn't happy with their answer.
Sure its nothing to worry about Hun but if it was me then I would want someone to take a look at it now just to be on the safe side.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Take care and keep us updated xx

Cat
27-03-09, 20:47
Hiya. I have exactly the same thing, its just up from my hip bone, where i think my intestines are. Its so weird everything you have said is what i have. I've looked it up on the internet but didn't find anything that matched completely to my symptoms. My lump doesn't hurt though at times it feels really hard, its always there but is sometimes bigger. you can't see it or anything. I haven't been to see my doctor about it in case they want to shove a camera up my bum!:scared15: i don't think i could stand the embarrassment.:blush: I have no idea what it is, so any information that you get would be greatly appreciated.

lucyla
15-02-10, 16:51
Hiya. I have exactly the same thing, its just up from my hip bone, where i think my intestines are. Its so weird everything you have said is what i have. I've looked it up on the internet but didn't find anything that matched completely to my symptoms. My lump doesn't hurt though at times it feels really hard, its always there but is sometimes bigger. you can't see it or anything. I haven't been to see my doctor about it in case they want to shove a camera up my bum!:scared15: i don't think i could stand the embarrassment.:blush: I have no idea what it is, so any information that you get would be greatly appreciated.

I still have the lump every so often, not sure what it is :/ I'm still worried though!

Mr Parfect
15-02-10, 20:04
I have no idea what the lump could be, but it certainly needs further investigation. Get a second opinion, and see what they come back with.

Welcome to NMP!!!