PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Pelvic Pain

hay2513
26-03-09, 14:24
HI I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT I HAVE READ MANY OF THE THREADS.
I SUFFER FROM ANXIETY HEALTH MAINLY. I HAVE HAD PELVIC PAIN ON AND OFF FOR 2 MONTHS, THE PAIN IS LOWER RIGHT SIDE AND GOES ROUND TO MY BACK AND HIP. I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTORS WHO DONE A SMEAR AND INTERNAL PELVIC EXAM BOTH WERE NORMAL. SINCE ALL THE JADE GOODY THING I AM WORRIED IT COULD BE CANCER OVARIAN. I AM 32, HAVE 2 LITTLE BOYS BUT EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY I'M OKAY. I CAN'T HELP BUT WORRY. THE TROUBLE IS IT'S ALWAYS ON MY MIND WHAT IF.
THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME OF WORRY I'VE WORRIED I HAVE WORRIED I HAD TONGUE CANCER, BOWEL CANCER AND SO ON ALL TURN OUT TO BE ANXITY. LAST YEAR WAS REALLY BAD, I HAD A NUMB BIG TOE, WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HE MENTION MS, WELL THIS SENT ME IN PANIC FOR 6 MONTHS MY LEGS STARTED TO ACHE, ALL OVER TWICHES, I WAS TEARFUL, LOST WEIGHT. WENT BACK AND FORTH TO DOCTORS IN THE END HAD A BRAIN MRI AND EMG TO PROVE I WAS OKAY. AFTER THAT THE SYMTOMS JUST WENT AND I HAD A LOVELY SUMMER. BUT BACK TO NOW I AM WORRIED ABOUT THIS PELVIC PAIN COULD IT BE MUSCLE PAIN.
ANY IDEAS:unsure:

anxious_88
26-03-09, 21:21
Could be an ovarian cyst, which is normally harmless. Or ovulation pain, or just everyday aches and pains. Try not to worry, just distract yourself and try to relax. When I lose my rational thought I sometimes write down all the things I thought I had in the past (same as you: bowel cancer, ms, etc) and how many times i was wrong about it (like all the time!) so i get a sense of perspective and stop jumping to conclusions. Don't forget there's a reason doctors have to study for 7 years: self-diagnosing is unreliable. If you're still worried go and see a doctor you trust and they'll reassure you.

I know what you mean about the Jade Goody thing, it really set off my health anxiety too, just remember it doesn't happen anywhere near as often as the media will portray especially to someone of her age. And the main thing is she was misdiagnosed twice, which is really really rare. And also she was probably in a high risk group because she had precancerous cells even when she was 16 and 18. So what I'm trying to say is although it's really sad what happened to her, it is extremely unlikely and even if that did happen to you there would be years and years of warning signs, so if your smear came back fine there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

lots of love, hope you feel better soon
xxxxxxx