PDA

View Full Version : doctors appointment

mirry
04-08-05, 11:04
I am going to the doctors today as i feel i need some medication for these panick attacks.
Today i went to work for just 2 hours, i do a very low key job that basically i can hide away in yet i still felt terrible and when i got home this morning had a good cry. I dont know why i get like this ..my son is difficult as he has aspergers syndrome and i feel so guilty for not coping well with him as i love him so much.
I dont know what pills to ask for , i need something that makes me not care less about anything, at the same time im terrified of taking pills that effect the brain as 3 members of my family have died of brain hemmorages and im told it may be a genetic weakness ,they offered me the test to see if i had it but i turned it down as i was too terrified to know.
can anyone pls tell me what pills they on if they help , thanks.

mirryx

fran1888
04-08-05, 11:31
Sorry you are feeling bad at the moment.I got dizepam 5mg three times a day when my son died.They make you forget alot and you feel out of it.But i dont think its a good tablet for you.Tell your gp you fears he might give you a tablet that is more suited for you.Im still on diazepam on and off 2mg now as they are very addicive. But ive not had to take one for a while.But i do no there are alot of good tablets on the market now. Im sure your gp will give you the right one that will help.

Frances Gill
Love & Respect to you all...

tulip123
04-08-05, 11:33
Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Hope things get better for you soon. I think it helps to take each problem a step at a time and reward yourself for what has gone right, however little it seems. Little things turn into big things, even when it seems the weight of the world may be too much.

I take betablockers (they reduce adrenaline flow = less nervous). They do not give false securities but they do help to balance moods and reward calmness = take the edge off things. Though be warned, what medicines are good for one person may not be suitable for another - better possible to discuss things properly with the doctor.

Tulip

seh1980
04-08-05, 11:58
I was on Cipralex and they really helped me (10mg). Everyone is different though. Let us know how you get on..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

lainey
04-08-05, 12:10
Good luck at the GP's, I'm sure they will be able to guide you as to what medication will be most suitable for you.

Take care

Elaine x

mirry
04-08-05, 15:39
Hi again,

I went to gps today, had a lovely doctor who listened and didnt rush me out the door. I have been given Beta blockers and also what you are taking fran: diazepam 2mg.
Doctor told me the Diazepam is only to be taken on my worst days as they are addictive if you keep taking them regular.,he gave me 15 pills of them.

Do the 2mg Diazepam make you feel spaced out at all ?
Also do you know if i can take half a tablet to make them last longer ?
many thanks all

mirryx

nomorepanic
04-08-05, 18:36
Mirry

This current post will answer all your questions about Diazepam I think.

More Diazepam info please (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4630)

Good luck with the medication.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sal
04-08-05, 18:59
Hi Mirry

I use diazepam when it gets to be a really bad day, it doesnt make me feel spaced out but just so much more relaxed and calmer.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

mirry
11-08-05, 12:54
Hi does anyone know if am i allowed to cut the diazepam tablets in half to take a lower dose?

hoping i could cope with small dose

mirryx

Meg
11-08-05, 13:06
Yes you can. Sometimes its worth doing that as an experiment and taking the other half if yoiu still need to later.

If valium is making you actually drowsy, you're taking more than you need to be.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?