PDA

View Full Version : im in agony!

tanya watts
26-03-09, 21:25
:weep: I have been suffering for the last month with awful pains in my chest and back and a heavy feeling in my chest. Its been a total nightmare.
Even called out the paramedics at 4am one morning.
Everything seemed normal.
I have had a lot of stress and worry over the last year or so but to me i seemed to be dealing with it all ok. Obviously not!

Went to doctors, everyday for 2 whole weeks.
Diagnosed with lots of problems all of which never really seemed to add up.
Had blood tests which showed high levels of d-dimer blood test ( high blood clotting levels).
Taken into hospital. No chest infection, no clots on lungs no nothing. No answers. Told had Pleurusy. Still not adding up. nOt the same symptoms.
I often suffer with panic attacks and have always had problems with eating. Feel like im choking on food, even drinks often!
Not eaten in over 4 weeks now. Living off of build up milkshakes due to fact when i eat i experience a lot of discomfort.
Still have high d-dimer levels which docs seem to be thinking viral infection but none the less not knowing what is going on with me sends me into huge panic attacks.
The docs have said that is all anxiety related and beenplaced onto a cognitive behavioural therapy list but the pains are still as bad and the tightness and heaviness in my chest is driving me up the wall!!
I feel like im suffocating! Throat feels so tight! Its horrible. But it always seems to get worse at night and its becoming hard to deal with. I have to have someone constantly staying with me and the thought of being alone horrifies me! Im a single mum to a 4 yr old little boy too which does not help at all!

Not sure if anyone else suffers from similar symptoms at all???
If so and you have overcome them please give me some words of re assurance.
I feel like im going round in circles with it all and not getting any better. nothing is seeming to be working and i feel like im getting no where with it all and there is no way out!! Its horrible and its totally terrifying me.
Is there anyone who feels like this and has any similar symptoms!??
I would be really grateful for any help!!:flowers:

chocoholic
26-03-09, 21:59
hi
try not to panic, everhting you have said sounds like anxiety. not eating will make it worse as you burn everything off quicker through anxiety. being a single mum isnt easy and will put immense pressure on you. come on here and talk to us if youre feeling lonely.
i hope you feel better soon, have you anyone around who can help you out? choco x

nikkinoo
26-03-09, 22:28
Dear Tanya,
I too had severe problems with eating as I found that every time I tried to swallow food it got stuck and that I would choke.
It used to take me and hour to eat a simple meal that the rest of my family could eat in 10 minutes flat. Like you I lived on liquid based foods and over this period of time I lost a stone in weight. For nearly a year I refused to eat in public and even got panicky eating in front of my family as it took me so long it was embarrasing.
This was just part of anxiety and as I became less focused on this symptom, it began to get easier. I cooked for my family, but I did not have a set meal time for myself and I literally just ate what I fancied when I wanted to which did not put me under pressure. Gradually things improved and my Mum started going out for a coffee with me to a cafe where even swallowing a milkshake was difficult. Each week it became easier and gradually I was able to eat a piece of soft food eg cheesecake, ice cream that I knew I wouldn't choke on! Although I have other issues, I am now able to enjoy food once again and have managed ot put on the weight I lost!
Going without food causes lots of trapped wind wihich makes swallowing even worse, not to mention feeling weak.
Take good care and trust me that it will get easier with time.
Kindest regards Nikki. :-) x

Sammy J
27-03-09, 13:39
Tanya,

I too suffer with bad chest pains. Have been taken to A&E several times, the last time being last weekend. Mine are either just chest pains or like a spasm at the top of my stomach that then causes chest pain.

I have had many ECG's, 24hr heart monitor, blood tests and chest x-ray and was even referred to a Cardiologist at the end of last year as I was that worried. All was okay.

The chest pain was put down to acid reflux so I have recently had the camera down and a stomach scan. Apart from some inflamation in my tummy all, again, was okay.

I STILL worry myself to bits (hence A&E again last weekend). I am due to see my gastric consultant next week as I cannot cope with the upper stomach spasms and am on new pills as of this week.

Yesterday I began my CBT after 7 months on the waiting list and she agreed I was caught in a vicious circle..my anxiety/panic attacks (which amazingly started at THE SAME TIME as my stomach illness :blush: ) are causing my illness which in turn is causing my anxiety/panic attacks.

It's is SO bloody frustrating not to mention scary, the slightest pain and I'm a wreck. I am hopefully on the right path to sorting it out now my CBT is here.
Feel free to PM me if you need to chat.

Sam :) x