PDA

View Full Version : Sudden stabbing chest pains

countrygirl
26-03-09, 22:15
I am very prone to chest pains from muscular/skeletal origin as I have damaged spine and I always get the pains in same place either left or right side of chest and they are sharp and stabbing. Ever since that heart attack blood test came out about 5 yrs ago I have had this test done 3 times by my GP for chest pain because I won't believe her until she does it:blush: and its always completely normal.

Our business is 2 holiday cottages and today they both changed guests and both had really dirty cookers and ovens:wacko: I just love some guests!
So I had to clean inside two ovens and always reach in with my right arm and hand which is hard work. Then I was talking to a neighbour on our lane and it was freezing cold and very windy and had a hailstorm as well and I was holding my coat collar up as high up my face as I could again with my right arm and I was there for about half an hour getting very cold and all the time holding my right arm up clutching my coat collar.

I thought I had got away with all this but about 2 hrs ago I was sitting watching tv when I suddenly got what felt like cramp in right side of my chest- severe stabbing pain in one spot. And my right arm feels a bit odd as well achy .

My husband is totally certain that it is direct result of what I have been doing today and he says I look far too good for it to be my heart - I am good colour and not pale and sweaty. The pain went after about 10 mins but I keep getting sharp stabs especially if I hunch forward and all my ribs and shoulder bladehurt on that side when I move.

But I still have that niggling worry that this time it was a heart attack pain!

claire.xx
26-03-09, 23:55
i have posted about the exact same thing i have the same symptoms, pain under breast bone into shoulder blade but mine is on my left side. it makes it worse as my grandad and 2yr ago my mum died of a heart attack so i PANIC i completely sympathise with you

Wee-Mee
27-03-09, 11:56
It sounds like you could have pulled sumoething hun espesh since you are already fragile with your spine problems.

I stretched one morning,no joke and popped my shoulder and my back and couldn't move my left side and had to go to hospital and they told me that I had pulled all the muscles in my left side and that it was in spasm and would take about 6 weeks to fully heal and gave me some painkillers. I was convinced I was dying.

If it doesn't subside in a day or 2 I would go down to doc or hospital and just explain to them,even for peace of mind.

Don't want you just worrying all the while, *hugs* It's not nice

xxxx