PDA

View Full Version : Argh Xmas! - Help pls radar

jonny
24-12-03, 13:19
Guys, i hate xmas because of all the stress but this year i hope it will be different.
I plan on taking Diazepam in the morning to help me get through the stressful day but will i be able to drink in the evening? Does anyone know what the timescale between taking this drug and be ok to drink again is?

Many thanks

Jon

I used to be extremely indecisive but now I am not so sure...

benoo5
24-12-03, 16:13
jonny,

i think meg is away,at the moment,so perhaps i can help....diazepam comes in three colours,white,yellow,and blue...the strongest is the blue one 10mg...if you take this xmas morning,it should see you calm for the day..and theres no harm in having a drink,in the evening.

personally,i would take 5mg,its enough to take the edge off your anxiety..have a drink,and enjoy yourself,but remember,if you overdrink,then drink a glass of water,before you go to bed,as dehydration,will make you anxious,and panicky,the next day..hope this helps..bryan.

jonny
24-12-03, 17:37
Cheers Bry,

I only take the little 2mg ones anyway, i guess its just a pyschological thing when i feel better because i know with my build (pushing 14st) it shouldn't have a great deal of effect anyway.

thanks

jon

Meg
24-12-03, 23:40
Jonny,

Any stronger than you usually take is not advisable and is really too strong to be drinking with if you're not used to it. Why don't you for this one day, have an extra drink or two and start when you feel you need to .

You shouldn't be driving with unusual doses of valium on board- so same as alcohol.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jonny
26-12-03, 18:21
Thanks meg,

For the first time in years my Xmas day was panic / anxiety free! It always bothers me ( trip to the hospital xmas morning a few years back ) but this time it was fine! No vallium, plenty of chocs, turkey and beer!!
Today i am paying for it though - no real nerves just a bit gittery but on the whole not too bad.

i hope this is a sign of xmas's to come....

Jonny

Meg
26-12-03, 19:16
Good news Jonny,

Well done indeed ...

Really regulate your sugar intake for the next 2 days, drink plenty of water and all will be well !

Glad you did without your valium - progress indeed.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sarah
27-12-03, 11:52
Nice one Jonny!!!

Glad you had a good time mate, good feeling huh?

love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
29-12-03, 22:26
Jonny

You were probably associating Xmas with all those bad feeling from years ago. We all do that - I panic when driving cos that is when I panic most.

Glad to hear that you had a great Xmas in the end - well done to you :-)

xxxx

Nicola