PDA

View Full Version : hello

helpmeimworried
26-03-09, 22:52
hello my name is frances!
I am 19 years old and i come from east sussex. Recently well in the last couple of months ive had the symptoms of IBS and i am so so worried! Today has been the worst and i would like to be in touch with someone with the same thing.
I have a phobea of people being sick, i know it sounds silly! But everytime something doesnt agree with my IBS i start worrying really bad if i have a bug or not! Please can someone email me that has IBS so i can ask you some questions and maybe get on with it together as im a kind of person who doesnt like feeling alone!

Nice to be a member

Juppster
27-03-09, 08:35
Hi Frances and welcome :welcome: i can kind of understand where you're coming from as i have a bit of a phobia of getting sickness bugs too ....im sure you will find someone with similar fears to yours on the relevant forum and i hope this helps you ....take care x

kittykat
27-03-09, 08:56
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

fillyjonk
27-03-09, 09:03
Hi Frances,

Glad you found the site.

I have had IBS since about your age - now in my thirties and there are many symptoms including nausea which is probably the main one which you are worrying about. Do ask any questions and I'll help if I can. I think everyone is so different, IBS can give different symptoms for different people. I don't have aphobia of sickness (although don't like the thought of it and absolutely hate feeling sick) but I think there are loads of people on this site that have this particular problem - sure they'll relate to you with replies too.

There are so many different views about IBS and it's cause - diet and/or stress etc. Do you think something has triggered this off? Many people keep a diary of what they are eating, what's going on in their life (stress levels) to help see how much one or the other plays a part.

Sure you'll get help here.
Take care,
Fillyjonk x

Tink
27-03-09, 18:55
Hi Frances
My doc has just said I have IBS caused by anxiety. I get very bloated, pains in my stomach and wind! what are your symptoms?