PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new.

Hobbes1966
27-03-09, 09:42
Hello everyone, as you can see my login name is Hobbes1966, my real name is Karen.(you can call me either, or both!)

In the past I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety. I have never felt suicidal, though sometimes I had feelings of 'doom' (for want of a better word!)
especially in the mornings.

I went to the Doc. four or so months ago where he gave me the questionare (forget what it is called) and diagnosed me with depression. He gave me a script for Citalopram 20mg. I have been too scared to take them and have only just started (today is day 6) I sometimes feel lightheaded and sickly but other than that, so far, nothing else, I am just waiting for them to kick in!

I can't think of what else to say so I'll sign off for now. Thanks for 'listening'

K.:D

diane07
27-03-09, 10:53
Hi Karen,

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support on here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Just keep posting there is loads that are on citalopram and can help you with any questions with them.
We have a lovely chatroom here so when you can do pop in.

best wishes

di xx

shep
27-03-09, 17:46
Hi Karen and :welcome:

I am a newbie to the site too and there really is lots of great info and advice. Hope you find it helpful.

A x

kittykat
27-03-09, 19:35
Hi there and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, you take care xx

Patty
28-03-09, 02:22
Hi Karen, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Hobbes1966
28-03-09, 08:55
Thank you all for the welcome :bighug1:
I am looking forward to being allowed in the chat room! I am feeling a bit spaced out at the moment, just had a cup of coffee straight before my tablet, don't think I'll do that again! I don't know if it is connected, but I could happily go back to sleep :shrug:

sharona
28-03-09, 09:31
Hi Karen
I am a newbie as well. My gp did the same but I could not take those meds. I am on day 9, how many mg you on. My neds do help.

Look forward to talking to you in chat room..

Sharon xxx

Vanilla Sky
28-03-09, 09:32
Hi and welcome to NMP, you have come to thre right place ! Look forward to seeing you in chat Love Paige x

bishops
28-03-09, 09:50
Hello everyone, as you can see my login name is Hobbes1966, my real name is Karen.(you can call me either, or both!)

In the past I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety. I have never felt suicidal, though sometimes I had feelings of 'doom' (for want of a better word!)
especially in the mornings.

I went to the Doc. four or so months ago where he gave me the questionare (forget what it is called) and diagnosed me with depression. He gave me a script for Citalopram 20mg. I have been too scared to take them and have only just started (today is day 6) I sometimes feel lightheaded and sickly but other than that, so far, nothing else, I am just waiting for them to kick in!

I can't think of what else to say so I'll sign off for now. Thanks for 'listening'

K.:D I know how you feel Karen, ive just started taking prozac again after a 3 year break,forgot how horrible the side effects are but im also on day 6 and they have helped before big time just like most meds take a long while to kick in

Hobbes1966
28-03-09, 09:56
Sharon,
I am on 20mg. Day 7 and feeling calmer.

Does anyone know how long it will take for them to start taking effect, or is it, like side affects, different for different people?

sharona
28-03-09, 15:34
Hi

My GP told me 3-4 weeks but I have noticed they are working and the side effects have worked. Everyone is different. Hope this helps. Have you had any side effects yet?

Sharon

Southern_Belle
28-03-09, 18:37
Hi Karen,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
28-03-09, 21:35
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif