PDA

View Full Version : Just joined hello everyone

Patricia 123
27-03-09, 12:20
Hi I have just joined this site a few minutes ago and I think I am glad I have found it.
I have had fibromyalgia for 18 years and now it is the worst it has ever been, on thr FMA>UK website I saw something about fm clinics where you go in for about a week and have treatments and I am seeing the doctor on monday and asking him to refer me, the only problem that I can see is that your own health authority has to approve this as it is expensive and they pay for it so fingers crossed but I expect it will take a long time to get there.
I have a lovely husband who I could not do without he is very kind and caring . 2 dobermanns who are a nuisance and bark me up when i am trying to rest. 2 lovely daughters who are 29 and 26 the youngest is marrying in august so hopefully I will have a grandchild soon although she is not pregnant yet.
I feel very bad about myself at the mo low mood, low self esteem,not able to do what i would like ,sometimes even quite simple things but i hate feeling sorry for myself.
i take loads of tablets and have fenanyl patches for pain and at the moment i am a chocoholic which is very bad as I am putting on too much weight so a diet here I come (one day soon).

Well thats my introduction soft hugs too all Patricia.:bighug1:

finny12000
27-03-09, 12:27
Welcome to site patricia ,plenty advice and tips here
My brother has had fibromyalgia for about the same time
combined with psoritic arthritus and hes had a hard time himself
Loads to do here so make sure you have a good look round site and
need any help gimme a shout x

diane07
27-03-09, 13:00
Hi Patricia,

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way,

best wishes

di xx

kittykat
27-03-09, 19:30
Hi there and :welcome: to the site , a lot of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

Patty
28-03-09, 02:12
Hi Patricia, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Southern_Belle
28-03-09, 18:52
Hi Patricia,

Wow! I feel like I could have written most of your post. I too suffer with fibro and myofascial pain disorder and once also had the fenatyl (sp?) patch and downed pills. The chronic pain is intolerable. I have 2 boys 23 and 16 and a great hubby too. I also have to add hypothyroidism, arthritis, and bursitis in case you have those too!

You will get alot of support here for your anxiety/depression. If you would like, please private message me because I do understand how you are feeling. Do take care.

Laura

sunshine-lady
28-03-09, 21:27
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif