PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia and addiction in one house

name
27-03-09, 15:40
Hi all some of u mite no me some dont but anyway i have agoraphobia social phobia along with severe depression etc etc anyway the reason im posting this thread is my partner is a addict in early recovery.I find this very hard to deal with and because im housebound with agoraphobia outside help is not available to me. I have spent a lot of time searching for a chat room for partners/spouses of addicts and havnt found any iv entered rooms looking for advice but there reply to me wasnt very understandin so u can see i have tried a few ways to find a room that may be able to help me. Now im just wonderin if anyone knows of a chat room that deals with this issue or can suggest anything hugs to all Name x

Pink Panic
27-03-09, 16:03
Hi name

Have you tried the chatroom on this site? You might be able to make contact with people who have issues similar to yourself in there.
It can't be easy for you hun :hugs: Hoping things improve really soon.

name
28-03-09, 14:02
Hi katie have no idea how to reply to pm and cant seem to get into chat room again more than likely its somthing im doin again thought it was pop ups bein blocked but there unblocked and cant get in again any way no nothing computers lol thank u for ur msg im form ireland too and yes it wud be great to chat just have to find a way to connext with u lol anyway hugs to u and yes i have msn but i wud need to add u dont i? ummmmm computers lol. take care hun xx

Reggie
01-04-09, 19:21
Sorry to hear of the difficulties you're experiencing, you say you can't go out for help, have you tried phoning your GP and explaining the situation to the receptionist, very often they can advise you, you might be able to have someone come out for a home visit.

Name, to send a PM you look at where the poster's name is and next to it is a small blue circle/button, press on that and you can PM the person.

Reggie

name
01-04-09, 21:03
Hi Regga yes i have explained my situation to my gp he also is my partnes gp since he was a child so he knows his and my history unfortunatly there is no call out service here in order to avail of any help u have to be able to attend appointments etc but thank u for taking the time to read and reply to my post its very sweet of u well i havnt given up yet hun there is always a way eh thanks u so much :hugs:

Reggie
02-04-09, 17:03
You're welcome, if you ever need a chat, feel free to PM me. Reggie -x-

bottleblond
02-04-09, 18:32
Hi Name

I don't know what your partners acction is but have found a couple of links that may help...

http://www.trntv.co.uk/addictions/alcohol/chat-room/

I hope it can be of help to you and your partner.

Lisa
x