PDA

View Full Version : ESR blood test

Hollytree
27-03-09, 16:31
Today i had 4 viles of blood taken today, for a muscular problem i have, one was to test my ESR?

what are they looking for? however i was told that mine came back normal. :) so i guess that's good.

bex1970
27-03-09, 17:06
ESR are inflammatory markers - so they were checking for any sign of inflammation in your body.... if they came back normal. Then great....!!

Kay-Tee
27-03-09, 17:15
Glad your blood test was normal. On the subject of blood tests............i just got mine back today and was told everything was normal. Although I still feel completely exhausted, especially about an hour or so after eating. My cholesterol is 6.7 I have to exercise everyday if possible and eat low fat stuff. Not sure what to do, cause the tiredness could be a side effect of the 50mg per day sertraline?

Hollytree
27-03-09, 18:15
Ok thanks, so that test must check for certain cancers then? I am guessing so. I had 4 viles done, the others went back to the lab for testing i dont know what those were for. The ESR was done at the doctors surgery, so it was really good not to wait for the results.

Kay-tee how are you finding eating low fat,and how are you getting on with it. I have changed my diet alot, i try to eat more fruit and veg, its really hard to eat 5 a day.