PDA

View Full Version : Suffering with Depression and Anxiety Disorder

obscure200
27-03-09, 20:36
Hi, My name is Maria and I've been suffering with depression and anxiety for about 5 years, since the age of 19.

I was determined to fight it away without medication for such a long time but recently I had a bit of a nervous breakdown. I think it's definatly best not to leave things as long as I did.

I havnt stopped shaking unless I take xanex, its been 2 weeks of hell, since the intense anxiety attacks started. I've started on Cipralex too at the same time. At first I took 10mg but the shakes and trembling got really bad. Then I went down to 0.5 for a week until I got used to it. Now i'm on 10mg for a week and then im going up to 20mg for 6 months. Does anybody else think 20 is perhaps too high? I dont want more shaking as I see other people had that side affect too.
I definatly advise people to start them slow and gradually build them up.

I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me a little bit more about Xanax? Is it highly addictive? Because im already feeling as if I dont know what i'd do when they run out as its the only thing that calms me down.

Wish you all a good evening and hope to meet some new friends here, with this illness you definatly need supportive friendly people around.

:blush: Maria

sarahneave
27-03-09, 21:22
Hay,if you ever wanna talk to anyone i'm here, i have depression, i'm only 15 though, you can get my hotmail and/or aim through my profile i think *hug*

Patty
28-03-09, 10:19
Hi Maria, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I'm sorry that I don't have any experience of Xanax.

Best wishes :flowers:

kittykat
28-03-09, 13:37
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

Southern_Belle
28-03-09, 18:41
Hi Maria,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support. I have not been on your meds so I'm sorry I can't answer those questions.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
28-03-09, 21:33
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

obscure200
29-03-09, 21:26
Thank you , your all so kind here