PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Please Read!

Fingerz
27-03-09, 20:45
Hello everyone.

Ok today i have been feeling really off balance and my eye sight has had a slight dizzy sensation all day! I also have a metallic taste in my mouth which has been there for a few days constantly and i am so scared its something bad! Ive also got a slight stiffness in my neck and back but otherwise i feel ok! Im so scared ive got a brain tumor. Has anyone else had this? I had an eye test a few weeks ago and it came back fine and my blood test came back fine as well.

catherine_r
27-03-09, 21:28
Hi Fingerz
Your not alone - I've also had similar symptoms and for the first time having dizzy feelings, jelly legs as they call it - can be quite bewildering - I've been reading up Claire Weeks and this has re-assured me. Although I'm still recovering through the symptoms I am accepting them but slowly.
Take Care
Cath
:)

Fingerz
27-03-09, 21:30
Youve had it too catherine? The metallic taste as well? And a kind of dizziness in the head? Im glad im not alone. Ive been worrying about brain tumors alot and have convinced myself ive got one!

tskin
27-03-09, 21:42
I had the metallic taste a while back, along with 'brain fog' symptoms.

nomorepanic
27-03-09, 21:51
Please read the Symptoms page on the left...........

Lack of appetite or taste, a tinny, metallic or ammonia smell or taste

What you feel:

Sometimes you just don’t feel like eating, or the thought of food is unappealing. Or, that even though you are eating, the food has no taste or is unsatisfying.

You have a persistent ‘tinny’, ‘metallic’ or ‘ammonia’ smell in your nose, or you taste it often and it’s not from your food or environment. Often it’s just there, but you can’t figure out why

What causes this:

Similar to the other stomach related symptoms, loss of appetite is a result of an upset stomach due to the sustained increase in digestive action. Loss of taste occurs because taste buds are nerves, and an over stimulated nervous system can send false signals to the brain which means that sometimes we can experience odd, dulled or incorrect sensory perceptions (since our receptive senses are controlled and interpreted by the nervous system). The loss of taste because of this miscommunication or misinterpretation by the over stimulated nervous does occur. This is another example of how we can receive incorrect or inaccurate sensory perceptions because of an over stimulated nervous system.

The only remedy for this symptom is rest so that the nervous system can regain its health.