PDA

View Full Version : NEW HERE!

anxious32
27-03-09, 21:00
I am so very happy to have found this forum, as my anxiety seems to be worsening.

My story is this, about 6 months ago, i was diagnosed with Genital Herpes (type 1 from oral sex) sorry for the explicitness, but ever since than, i have been suffering with anxiety & depression. Before than i was a healthy both mentally and physically, and even though this condition really does not any affect on me physically it has had a great impact on my mentally. And since than, i feel that every ache, pain, twitch or itch is due to something more serious than what it may be. Ive had to go to the hospital because of a panic attack. Had to be put on anti-depressants and anxiety medication, and im currently am in counseling.

Im always thinking about what if something is really seriously wrong with me, but considering that according to my Dr im relatively healthy considering the situation.

I am constantly feeling aching all over, which i will be going to my Dr. to check out soon, my Dr is getting frustrated with me as im always contacting him or showing up in his office.

Just good to know that im not alone.

obscure200
27-03-09, 21:09
Hi
I just joined today also. I have the same feelings as you do. I keep on thinking that something is seriously wrong with me and been to 6 doctors in the past 2 weeks..
Its nice to see that im not alone too.. this site is re-assuring

Patty
28-03-09, 10:09
Hi Anxious32, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

kittykat
28-03-09, 13:38
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

Southern_Belle
28-03-09, 18:40
Hi Anxious,

Welcome to NMP. I believe you are suffering from health anxiety and we have many members here who will support you.

Take care,

Laura

sunshine-lady
28-03-09, 21:33
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif