PDA

View Full Version : what a day!

bluesparkle
04-08-05, 22:34
hi.
its me again posting yet anouther success story and big thank you`s...
i have been wondering weather to post again but i find reading other peoples success stories really encouraging and never believed i would be doing this a year ago...
well today my youngest daughter (10) was brought to my door covered in blood... (sorry if i go into a bit much detail here) she had broke her front teeth and cut her mouth badly...
well i took her to the dentist... (i dont do dentists usually my mother takes them) mr "panic" arrived in the waiting room i told him i was here for my daughter and NOTHING was going to make me leave....not only did i go in i held her hand whilst she was seen...
then we were told that we needed to go to hospital as mouth looked bad... that is an hours drive enough time for mr "p" to re-visit... i went into a&e and we were seen we had to go into a little room and it was very hot.... again mr "p" paid a visit so i calmly told beth that i may have to pop outside to ring her brothers and sisters ... that way i had a back up plan and she wouldnt wonder where i had gone and i promised i would go straight back but knowing i could leave i didnt need to... i again told mr "p" to GO AWAY there was no way i was leaving my little girl having all that done to her... and i held her hand ... she was given an injection(not sure who sqeezed whos hand the tightest though)and they cleaned pocked prodded and there was blood everywhere and then to top it all they stitched it... and i still held on to her...( i dont do hospitals or blood)and we have to go back next week as they are not sure they got everything out...
i felt really alone this afternoon... but really proud that i did this by myself...
and as for beth well she was just great she panics in the dentist usually but she was great i cant believe it...
not doing so well now as it hurts and the caps seem to have come off her teeth but i will go in the night if i have to if not first thing in the morn as i know i can do it...
feel very tired now but very pleased with the way things were there is no way i could have done this a year ago and i have no idea what i would have done...
yet again i owe you all big thank you`s because with out your friendship and all the great advice you give and this site i wouldnt know how to cope with it all...
hope i havnt waffled on to much but had to tell someone who would understand
rach

Meg
04-08-05, 22:50
Rachel

How sorry I am to hear of Beths accident. You didn't tell us what happened to her !!

As for you -Many congratulations indeed.

You did really great and we do like to read as many successes as you have and you've been really racking them up these past few weeks so really well done to you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
04-08-05, 22:54
Hi Rach

Sorry to hear about Beth's accident and I hope she is feeling better soon.

You coped so very well and are taking big steps forward. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
04-08-05, 22:56
Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident Rachel. You coped so well though so well done!! You should be very proud :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
04-08-05, 22:58
Hi Rach

Well done for coping so well and i hope Beth is okay now and i bet she is getting lots of cuddles from her mum.

Take care and let us know how she is.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pinkscrumpy
05-08-05, 00:07
Hi Rach

Well done you did brilliantly and as for Beth she is so brave.

How did the accident occur?

A big pat on the back to you both

love

MANDIE XX

bluesparkle
05-08-05, 08:51
thank you all so much for the lovely replies...
beth had problems in night and her covering has come off the teeth so off back to dentist in a mo... i was feeling bit shaky so came on here.... but feel ready to do it again thanks to all of you...
oops! forgot to say what had happened ... well she just fell over!!! thats it... tripped whilst out playing... but managed to get grit in her lip etc...
thank you all again for listening and caring
will pop back on later
rach

seh1980
05-08-05, 10:18
Good luck at the dentist's Rach!! You'll be fine :D

tattybear
05-08-05, 11:09
Hi Rach,

Sorry to hear what happened to your daughter - but you coped with it fantastically - its amazing how we do manage to cope in situations like these when we just have to.

You did fantastically.

I hope your daughter gets on ok at the dentist today - and I hope she feels a lot better and heals up soon.

Tatty B xx

pips
05-08-05, 15:20
Hi Rach hun,

So Sorry to hear abouth Beth mate.

Well Done to you though you coped so well! That's brill.

I do hope she get better soon.

Stay STRONG.

LOVE PIP'S X X

kairen
05-08-05, 19:22
Hi Rach,

poor Beth, hope she is ok,

Well done you, keep remembering how well you did and are doing, you know now that you can stop and control it when you have too so im sure you will go from strenght to strength
let us know how you got on today
big hug for beth and you well done for being so strong

kairen x

nomorepanic
05-08-05, 19:30
Rach

You coped so well in such a panicky situation so a big well done to you.

Hope Beth will be ok soon.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
05-08-05, 19:37
Hi Rach

I hope everything went OK for Beth with the dentist today. You are doing so very well coping with this situation.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
05-08-05, 21:01
Hi Rach

How has it all gone today for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

seh1980
05-08-05, 21:36
Hope it all went fine today Rach [^]

bluesparkle
05-08-05, 22:40
thank you all so much...
beth is much better now thanks... she has been very brave...but still looks a mess... she wont go out (which is probably a good thing)because it looks a mess... she sat behind a book whilst in waiting room bless her lol arent little girls funny ...
thank you all for your kind thoughts...
managed the dentist ok just needed to come on here earlier and write down how i was feeling
she goes back to hospital next wednesday for anouther x ray and to have it cleaned out again ...and has an hours appointment at dentist on fri so they can decide what to do to try to save the teeth...
it feels so good to be acting like mum again... its really strange she needed me and i was able to be there for her... she held out her hand each time she was scared and i was able to hold it... you forget how many things you stop doing when mr "p" is around...
thank you again for being there and all the advice i have had over the last year...
rach